Sabrina 2 CD from La-La Land Records (2023)

DangerMotif

35 minutes ago, QuartalHarmony said:

The only thing necessary for silly threads to continue is for sensible people to do nothing, as Edmund Burke probably didn’t say.

Honestly, I prefer this silly meme of potential Sabrina sequels than the utterly pointless and repetitive Star Wars discussions that happen on the Disenchantment thread.

9 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in Sabrina...

OK I'll stop now.*

*I might not.

"Get in there!  I don't care what you smell!"

I’ve admittedly never seen the film, but the theme has become one of my favorites through Williams’ concerts, where it’s been performed often over the years. It’s just so beautiful.

Does the whole score feature the theme rather prominently?

10 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

So you would omit the two Williams-composed songs for the film which are integral with the score? Or the fantastic Mike Lang improvisation on one of his main themes, which was played in the podcast?

Yavar

Yes. i dont like songs in general, the tunes as themes used in the score are enough and the really interesting thing for me. The impro was nice, but inconsequential fluff. Of course I would have to listen to everything first, maybe there will be one or two pieces that will find the way into the playlist as bonus, we will see. 

12 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

So you would omit the two Williams-composed songs for the film which are integral with the score? Or the fantastic Mike Lang improvisation on one of his main themes, which was played in the podcast?

Yavar

Might there be a middle ground where someone likes the score but isn't fussed about whatever else Williams came up with for the film overall?

Seems the same sort of thing as other expansions which contain source or other 'performance' music by the composer, but which differs in style from the score itself. A fan of one may not necessarily be a fan of the other.

I was just thinking that I intensely dislike songs based on themes by Williams that I love. Here are a few that come immediately to mind, and I quite like Sting singing In The Moonlight.

For Always, If I Could Remember, If I Were in Love, and Nice to be Around. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

I was just thinking that I intensely dislike songs based on themes by Williams that I love. Here are a few that come immediately to mind, and I quite like Sting singing In The Moonlight.

For Always, If I Could Remember, If I Were in Love, and Nice to be Around. 

I could also live with the Home Alone themes having no lyrics.

I like the Sting version of In the Moonlight, too.

13 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

Sabrina being an allegory for Star Wars was planned from the beginning: "Sabrina" is actually an anagram for "Lightsaber". You just have to duplicate and flip the r, extend the n, rotate the b, duplicate and cross the i, duplicate the s, and flip one a. These changed letters of course spell "brains", a reference to the immense intelligence you need to discover the truth

I'll take this one quasi-seriously because I'm bored.

Transforming "Sabrina" into "Lightsaber" (the Mattris way, at least) would require, as you observed, lengthening the "n" to make it an "h", flipping one of the "a"s to make it an "e", and then finding a justification for adding the letters L, g, and t.

The altered letters (plus an additional "n" that I totally didn't add by mistake) give you "Length", obviously a reference to the long game Mattris is playing in the Star Wars Disenchantment thread.

2 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Here it's 1st of May noon.

When are we expecting the track list?

On 21/04/2023 at 12:50 PM, Jay said:

La-La Land always reveals their tracklists in the email that goes out the night before their new releases go on sale.  I believe that email goes out around midnight PST / 3am EST, something like that

Then you can order it at 12noon PST / 3pm EST on Tuesday May 2nd, which is the same time that samples go live.

A little off topic, but I'm particularly looking forward to more of the "If I Could Remember" melody. I can't stop humming it. Well I can, but I don't want to.

17 minutes ago, pete said:

Oops.. Yep. The melody that the horrible song is based on.

Or the melody taken from the horrible song..

"How Can I Remember?"  reminds me too much of "Reflections" from Mulan.

I know, "How Can I Remember" is older. But "Reflections" is better, I have to say.

Therefore, I am not a big fan of the song.

But as an instrumental theme it works perfectly.

Great tracklist, and despite some comments here about the songs, I believe the 2nd cd will get a lot of plays by me, since I love such music.

I wonder if the ost has unique album arrangements that aren't here.

For example, can anyone guess which track is the NANTUCKET VISIT that I really liked from the ost? :unsure:

I am curious, if there is any difference between and

1. Theme From Sabrina (Extended Version) 5:19

and

35. Theme From Sabrina (Reprise) 5:21

The two tracks are suspiciously equal in length.

The only thing I miss is a piano solo arrangement of "Theme From Sabrina".

But ok. We have the Simone Pedroni recording in addition.

Looking forward to this.

6 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

I am curious, if there is any difference between and

1. Theme From Sabrina (Extended Version) 5:19

and

35. Theme From Sabrina (Reprise) 5:21

The two tracks are suspiciously equal in length.

The only thing I miss is a piano solo arrangement of "Theme From Sabrina".

But ok. We have the Simone Pedroni recording in addition.

Looking forward to this.

Well the title track is about 2 minutes or more solo piano. So that is all we need no?

53 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I'm speechless, in fact I wil never speak again!

Yeah, but you’re probably gonna type again and that’s where we have the real problem. (jk!! We love ya)

That track list is something else, though. The entire second CD is ready-made for hosting your own cotillions or soirées. I can see how that reason alone could help sell units.