Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney Records Original Soundtrack Album) - NO FILM SPOILERS!

Jay

15 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

On that note ... after snakes in Raiders, various bugs in Temple Of Doom, rats in Last Crusade and army ants in Crystal Skull I wonder if Dial Of Destiny will have any 'EWWW, critters!' stuff in it.   

I've got a few ideas:

The Dial sends the main characters back in time 250 million years to a beach swarming with... horseshoe crabs!

image.jpeg

Alternatively, they're flung into the far future in which earth has been taken over by giant.... tardigrades! (They can survive in space dontchyaknow)

image.png

On 10/05/2023 at 9:57 AM, Sweeping Strings said:

On that note ... after snakes in Raiders, various bugs in Temple Of Doom, rats in Last Crusade and army ants in Crystal Skull I wonder if Dial Of Destiny will have any 'EWWW, critters!' stuff in it.   

EEEEELS!!!!Marine Life No GIF by pikaole

7 hours ago, Alex said:

I keep thinking there’s news every time this thread is bumped 😭😭😭

Short of an actual tracklist, I'm almost surprised we've got an entire thread out of this!

I say 'almost' because JWFan is fully capable of exciting discussion based on the most mundane of headlines 'Composer makes album' and precisely zero additional information.

Why is there any reason to think it's anything other than Friday, June 30th?

This one specific thread is meant to be completely free of film spoilers, even after the film is playing everywhere

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

February 31st, 2038

Isn't that the release date of the MM complete JW Star Wars boxed set?

I heard someone's birth year as being in 2027 last night, no maybe time is more fluid than I think.

32 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Seems that one of the album tracks will be titled "New York, 1969" and one of the trailers used a snippet of it.

To clarify, I jokingly asked what this was because it popped up randomly on YT:lol:

Funny thing is its on John Williams "official" (?) channel, which I thought was run by Sony (?)

Is this this not a channel "run" by anyone, but where youtube automatically puts certain uploads?

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Funny thing is its on John Williams "official" (?) channel, which I thought was run by Sony (?)

Is this this not a channel "run" by anyone, but where youtube automatically puts certain uploads?

Yeah I believe the way Topic channels work is that music credited to that person in YouTube's backend copyright database get a video copy automatically uploaded to the corresponding channel. That's why "Various Artists - Topic" is a nightmare with tons of random stuff by unrelated people, anything with more than one creator in YouTube's backend gets uploaded there

51 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Big, I want you to know I think about this joke at least once a week. That's how good it is. This post goes into the JWFAN Hall of Fame in my mind.

That's the JWfan post I'm most proud of

23 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

That's the JWfan post I'm most proud of

If we had to post a single JWFan post to Reddit, that one would have the best chance making it to /all. And while I realize now that might not seem like a compliment and/or might not make any sense, do know I find it fucking hilarious. Legitimately iconic.

Weird how it's titled "New York, 1969". I'd expect the Raiders March to be presented as a standalone "Raiders March" track or as part of an "End Credits" track.

40 minutes ago, Jilal said:

Weird how it's titled "New York, 1969". I'd expect the Raiders March to be presented as a standalone "Raiders March" track or as part of an "End Credits" track.

The title is the biggest clue that it's real.  Why would they call it anything else?

There's a lot of weird stuff in the youtube description:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group

New York, 1969 (From "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny"/Trailer Version) · John Williams

New York, 1969

℗ 2023 Lucasfilm Ltd.

Released on: 2023-05-16

Producer: John Williams
Studio  Personnel, Recording  Engineer, Mixer: Shawn Murphy
Studio  Personnel, Editor: Ramiro Belgardt
Studio  Personnel, Engineer: Fred Vogler
Studio  Personnel, Editor: Robert Wolff
Studio  Personnel, Editor: David Channing
Studio  Personnel, Mastering  Engineer: Patricia Sullivan
Composer: John Williams

Auto-generated by YouTube.

What does UMG have to do with this, since the OST album will be on Disney Records?  Does UMG still distribute Disney's titles overseas, is that why?

My feeling is someone just made up the title because they knew the movie partly is in NY and takes place in 1969. Could be wrong, but it’s as easily made up as it isn’t.

I ran this sample through AudD and AHA, a couple of Chrome music recognition tools (like Shazam, but recognise non-commercial tracks too) and both came back with this exact title but no album cover, which tends to happen with library music. Hence the track it's from is in some music database somewhere.

If this is a sample of the last track on the album, that makes sense, but why 'Trailer Version' is in the title is just weird, unless Williams has bizarrely opted to name an album track like that.

8 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I ran this sample through AudD and AHA, a couple of Chrome music recognition tools (like Shazam, but recognise non-commercial tracks too) and both came back with this exact title but no album cover, which tends to happen with library music. Hence the track it's from is in some music database somewhere.

If this is a sample of the last track on the album, that makes sense, but why 'Trailer Version' is in the title is just weird, unless Williams has bizarrely opted to name an album track like that.

Maybe its for an upcoming TV spot.

20 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

If this is a sample of the last track on the album, that makes sense

Pretty sure it is. The credits look legit, Shawn Murphy, Patricia Sullivan, Ramiro Belgardt, the usual JW crew!

My guess is that it’s a segment from the soundtrack album that has been designated for people to use in TikToks, YouTube shorts, other short-form social content. I.e. it would be available on these apps as a sound that can be used. That would certainly explain its short duration.