Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney Records Original Soundtrack Album) - NO FILM SPOILERS!

Jay

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

The poster also confirms that the OST album is coming on Walt Disney Records

Spoiler

And Karen Allen

17 minutes ago, Brando said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pretty crazy, huh? Why bother making it a secret in the first place?  

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Pretty crazy, huh? Why bother making it a secret in the first place?  

I'd bet its a cameo, but it's sweet that they're getting credit on the poster.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Although Williams initially agreed to write just a few themes for the new film, once he began composing the individual pieces, he soon decided to write the entirety of the score.

That was probably what happened with Chamber of Secrets until Ross called the police to take Williams' pen away (or something like that).

On 31/5/2023 at 2:39 PM, Jay said:

You think they'll use this new poster for the OST album?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxbxEb9aEAAqpOS?format=jpg&name=large

Whoops

IJ-DoD-unofficial-album-cover (1).png

IJ-DoD-unofficial-album-cover.png

In all seriousness though, they most likely will use that new poster, as it has the circular boarder around the characters and works best for a modern album cover. I love the previous hand drawn one, but I found it difficult to do something with it other than that ToD layout. Maybe I’m just too unimaginative.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Although Williams initially agreed to write just a few themes for the new film, once he began composing the individual pieces, he soon decided to write the entirety of the score.

Quoting a relevant section for @King Mark, just in case he missed it the last few times. :)

Yeah but at least it's 'official" he wrote the entirety of the score. In the case of CoS he ended up writing all the new music and was too humble to take the credit for it , leading some people to still believe the early press conference saying he'd  only write 40 minutes.

Maybe when Spielberg quit Indy 5 he wasn't sure what to do for a while

Isn't it a bit strange that we don't have a release date yet?

The album should be out in just over 3 weeks time, usually we would have already pre-ordered it at this stage...

Doesn't seem odd to me in the slightest.  This is how everything works in 2023.  Scores just show up as digital downloads/streams the same Friday the movie comes out, with OCCASIONAL Wednesday drops from time to time.  There's no reason to expect this one to be any different.

If it is getting a physical CD edition, it likely won't be available until after the digital album is out.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Doesn't seem odd to me in the slightest.  This is how everything works in 2023.  Scores just show up as digital downloads/streams the same Friday the movie comes out, with OCCASIONAL Wednesday drops from time to time.  There's no reason to expect this one to be any different.

If it is getting a physical CD edition, it likely won't be available until after the digital album is out.

Thank you for the answer.

I went to check what's happened with the release of The Fabelmans and I can see the physical release happened a few weeks after the release of the actual film, although it was announced (including the playlist) a couple of weeks before that and it was possible to pre-order on Amazon and a few other websites.

Hopefully something similar will happen shortly...

Yea, but that was Sony Classical, and this is Disney Records

Disney Records does even less physical editions than Sony does

One thing I found kinda interesting about the SW sequels was that they never even put up samples until the day of release, I think, and so the first listen for all three ended up being through leaks. Wonder if we should expect the same for Indy, or if we'll even have to wait until it's the 30th in Australia. 

He was talking about the OST album "leaking" (in reality, it simply becoming Friday in New Zealand before it's Friday in most places), not the FYC album.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

He was talking about the OST album "leaking" (in reality, it simply becoming Friday in New Zealand before it's Friday in most places), not the FYC album.

The context was him talking about the first listens of the Sequels being through leaks, and I thought those were FYC's.

or maybe it was just TROS?

IX was the leaked FYC, and we got lucky with 7 and 8 before their official releases anywhere because Amazon accidentally sent out Force Awaken digital preorders early and Last Jedi was found a few days early for sale at some Disney World shop. 

I think Rogue One and Solo, though, we just had to wait it out?

8 hours ago, Jay said:

The funniest part of TROS was that we didn't even know the TROS OST track list yet when that was found.  People shazammed the FYC tracks to find out the OST names :lol: 

Let’s do this with the Tuk Tuk chase music. Shazam it and see what we find. You could also Shazam that dramatic trumpet blast from TV Spot #1, and Shazam Helena’s theme.

On 05/06/2023 at 8:42 PM, Garrett said:

Let’s do this with the Tuk Tuk chase music. Shazam it and see what we find. You could also Shazam that dramatic trumpet blast from TV Spot #1, and Shazam Helena’s theme.

I shazam'd all three of these things. No results.

It's too early, there's no way Disney Records has submitted the OST album to these platforms yet.  That won't happen until a few days before release date

On 3/6/2023 at 4:34 AM, LB Makes Stuff said:

they most likely will use that new poster, as it has the circular boarder around the characters

That’s THE DIAL OF DESTINY (echo)

2 minutes ago, Toillion said:

The album can be preordered on vinyl for the steep price of $45. 

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVLP226/john-williams-indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-2lp-set

Better be the album art

CD link. 
looks like a normal 1 cd album

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVCD60/john-williams-indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny?cp=null

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

OST cover:

XVCD60.jpg

Vinyl cover:

XVLP226.jpg

Well, that's certainly an album cover.

No idea why they didn't put the title top left, there's an obvious gap in the artwork for it. It covers that brute character almost comically on the CD cover.

Perhaps space was made available on the cover to allow for the placing of peel-away promotional stickers?