Interesting Mike Matessino comments, new release “very soon”!

BrotherSound

He said it had nothing to do with Williams. I would think it being for a Williams scored franchise would be something.

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

we are knocking on a different door in the hallway than the usual ones.

Why are you guys ignoring this? Doesn't say HP or JP to me. Different studio? Not even a score? What could this be?

Just now, Holko said:

Why are you guys ignoring this? Doesn't say HP or JP to me. Different studio? Not even a score? What could this be?

Different composer. A reference to when multiple composers worked in the same building.

Makes you think, what could take ages for some reason (possibly with paperwork), warrant something from Williams in the liners, but perhaps not have that 'star release' appeal.

I personally think JP3 needs expansion the most out of all of the franchises he started.

33 minutes ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

Different composer. A reference to when multiple composers worked in the same building.

Not "than the usual one" meaning it's not JW, but "than the usual ones"

On 15/05/2023 at 12:50 PM, Alan said:

Around the 54 minute mark

Mike (in response to it being revealed that he will be on the show again soon: " I look forward to it as well and there will be things to talk about"

Tim: "...big stuff".

I just listened.  Tim doesn't say "big stuff", he says "great stuff", as in, it'll be great to talk again soon. 

Nobody said anything about the "size" of any upcoming titles.

If it’s not Williams, I suspect it’ll be something like the Universal Classics Collection - something that Mike would be involved with which, as a single release, might only be exciting to some, but would portend other releases to come.

I think a Mancini connection as someone mentioned above would be a good guess.  I know Williams was involved in a re-recording recently and it was said that other Mancini tapings would be done - maybe something to do with that?

5 hours ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

LLL Indy 5. ;)

I thought of this, but it couldn’t have been in the cooker for a long time.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

I hope I’m still half cool when it’s revealed that we are knocking on a different door in the hallway than the usual ones. Nothing to do with John Williams, although there is a quote from him in the booklet.

Sounds to me like it's a collaboration with a different studio/legal entity than the usual ones, and one that holds other interesting stuff that might too be released if this does well.

On 15/05/2023 at 7:23 PM, Holko said:

I am ignoring it because it HAS to be HP4. I WANT HIM TO DO HP4.

That Mancini thought has got me all excited. First Pink Panther?.... Have they found it? Or A Shot In The Dark. Man, that would be amazing. A quote from Johnny T about Hank would be very appropriate indeed. It would make sense if that were to happen over in Quartet country following the last boxset. Chris Malone doesn't exactly need Mike to hold his hand on something like that though... so who knows. 

How did you make your avatar animate for a bit and the stop, instead of looping forever?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Hey and let's not forget his wife is Kathleen Kennedy... President of Lucasfilm Kathleen Kennedy!

"Hey honey, there's this guy I'm friends with named Mike, and he's wondering if he can do some Star Wars expansions."

"Ugh... fine. But we're letting my mother stay with us for two weeks in August!"

"Darn!"

I wonder...  Which one would be more likely to be done first: Star Wars or Indy?

25 minutes ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

I wonder...  Which one would be more likely to be done first: Star Wars or Indy?

Probably whichever one has the least amount of headaches involved....

1 hour ago, Archive Collection said:

Indy... however I don't think they'll do KOTCS because it's a post-2005 score.

I think that's mainly an issue for scores that aren't nearly as big. This on the other hand is an Indiana Jones score, and the fees are mere peanuts to Disney.

• 1 month later...