Jump to content

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?


Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

180 members have voted

  1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

    • Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dr. Rick said:

Two Weeks Elon GIF - Two Weeks Elon Elon Musk - Discover ...

 

The first time they delayed by one week. The second time, two weeks. Next time it will be another delay, three weeks minimum...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They finally responded to my email I sent them over a week ago today. I posted it in the vinyl thread since I only ordered the vinyl and not the CD. According to the email, they finally have it in their warehouse which is progress from what it was before at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The also replied to mine today. They say it is going to be dispatched imminently. It was "already" reached a allocated status. Funny word to use for something that was supposed to be fulfilled on the 11th of August. :lol:

 

Karol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SpaceCoyote said:

Also received a shipping notification for my vinyl order a few minutes ago but my CD order is showing the new 11/08/23 date.

 

Did you order the vinyl and CD separately?

 

I also see that new date. Seems like the vinyl is now waiting for the CD to be back in stock...

 

Next prediction: As soon as the CD is back in stock, the vinyl will be out of stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The status of my order says 8th of November as well. I'll just be grateful if the package ever arrives...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Right now I'm a hundred times more excited about the idea of receiving the Blu-ray with iso score than I am about finally getting this score on a piece of plastic.

Indeed. Well played Disney!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly had no plans of picking up a 4K or a BD of Disl Of Destiny - I thought the movie was really bad - but the “iso” at least gives the disc reason to exist. If I ever pick up a 4K box set of the Indy-movies I no longer have any plans of chucking the fifth disc out the window. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't even seen the movie but if there's one, single thing that will 'encourage' me to buy even films that I don't like that much, it's an isolated score. I'm fairly sure I got one of the A Bug's Life DVDs purely because it has an iso, and I have probably half a dozen or so DVDs that I would have unlikely bought if it hadn't been for the iso.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, rough cut said:

I honestly had no plans of picking up a 4K or a BD of Disl Of Destiny - I thought the movie was really bad - but the “iso” at least gives the disc reason to exist. If I ever pick up a 4K box set of the Indy-movies I no longer have any plans of chucking the fifth disc out the window. :lol:

 Yes me too. But I think the only sales improvement they will get  is from JWfan members

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never mind - I just browsed the thread for the isolated score (sorry, I’m late), but the iso isn’t on the 4K, not on the BD.

 

I mean, it’s right there in the title of the thread but I didn’t think it would be so literal!

 

I only see myself ever owning this movie on disc if it is included in a Indy-4K box set and I choose to upgrade from my current Indy-BD box. All though not unheard of, I guess it unlikely that a 4K box will contain BDs as well (the Hitchcock-4K box did), and if a new 4K box for Indy doesn’t - I am for sure not picking up the movie separately on BD as well.

 

Sorry, JW! I would love to own the music and an iso for a film is a nice feature and all but that’s just not how I consume music.

 

I’ll have to stick to my Disney CD until an expansion comes along.

 

If it ever arrives that is!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand what you're saying in your post. 

 

The isolated score track is in 7.1 Dolby Digital on the Blu Ray in every region. It's also in 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos on the 4K disc in the USA, and possibly other regions, but not Europe, where it's dropped to make room for multiple foreign language tracks. 

 

But I don't know why this is in the thread for the CD edition of the OST. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't understand what you're saying in your post. 

 

The isolated score track is in 7.1 Dolby Digital on the Blu Ray in every region. It's also in 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos on the 4K disc in the USA, and possibly other regions, but not Europe, where it's dropped to make room for multiple foreign language tracks. 


I live in Europe.

 

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

But I don't know why this is in the thread for the CD edition of the OST. 


The last couple of posts in this thread has been about using the iso as a substitute/compliment to the CD. I’m just continuing the conversation with my fellow JWFaners.

 

Also - it is clear the two topics overlap. Why is that a problem talking about two similar releases - and ones intention of procuring or not procuring - in both threads?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rough cut said:

I live in Europe.

 

Sure, but couldn't you import the USA disc?

 

1 minute ago, rough cut said:

The last couple of posts in this thread has been about using the iso as a substitute/compliment to the CD. I’m just continuing the conversation with my fellow JWFaners.

 

Aaah, I see now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Sure, but couldn't you import the USA disc?

 

Those of us Europeans who don't have 4K capabilities would have to rely on the Blu version. And it's yet to be determined whether that's region locked or not (though releases by big studios themselves that are handled by that studio internationally usually don't suffer from region locks or other major quality differences).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

 

Those of us Europeans who don't have 4K capabilities would have to rely on the Blu version. And it's yet to be determined whether that's region locked or not (though releases by big studios themselves that are handled by that studio internationally usually don't suffer from region locks or other major quality differences).

The Blu Ray version will have the iso track on every region.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine still shows in progress November 8th ship date.  Not holding my breath!  Like I said in another post, I’ll probably have the music from the isolated score downloaded before this cd ships 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ciarlese said:

Just posted in the German JW Facebook fan page. Mine is still showing "in progress". Anyone else waiting for this batch getting a shipping confirmation?

Screenshot_2023-11-01-22-53-45-577_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

Does "Status: Shipped" refer to August 11 2023 maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.