My thesis on the way

Pierre

Hi,

its been some time i kindly asked of people from this forum for helping with my thesis about Harry Potter music. I was shocked how much of hateful comments i got, how vulgar it was. I just needed minor help with timecodes for themes appearing in first movie, so i could have more time for theoretical analysis. So i did it different way. I contacted the agency and i had a chance to work at it with John himself. So thanks to this forum and shame on haters.

369683361_307902155110738_3101739392774417910_n.jpg

24 minutes ago, Score said:

Don't believe every photo you see on the internet. Look at the arms at the center of the photo. Do you think it's real?

Real photo or not, that wasn't my point. I just thought the reaction of JWFanners to his request was downright rude at times.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Well yes, I'm also skeptical of the photo, hence why I asked when the picture was taken. Can't be sure, of course, and maybe he met him years ago, but Williams was at the optometrist in the spring this year, and doesn't wear glasses anymore. Pierre asked for help on October 7, and presumably contacted JW's office awhile after that, when the help wasn't forthcoming from this site. Williams also looks younger in the photo. So without drawing any conclusions, I feel skeptical.

image.gif

7 minutes ago, Loert said:

Wait, you managed to meet and work with JW by asking for help on your thesis?

Well, he did once help @GerateWohl to figure out the chords for Moon River, which took him about 40 hours of work, as stated here.

John Williams is always open to meet his fans and help them with their musical questions, no matter how much work he has to endure! [/s]

All here don't be so negative. I treat Piere to getting help from the maestro personally to figure out the timestamps for his themes in the HP score. 

It might be hard to imagine, John Williams following Pierre's call "Dear Mr. Williams, could you please write down all the timestamps of all the quotation of this list of your themes for my thesis? I don't have time for such numb work as I have to work on the musical analysis."

Actually, I find my Moon River dream more realistic. But on the other hand, why would Pierre fake this? I am happy for him finding at last someone competent with time at his hands to do his work. I believe it's real. A dream come true.

1 hour ago, Jilal said:

This is a video Pierre uploaded five years ago, featuring the same picture. Guess this confirms it was taken years ago.

Excellent sleuthing. Also 0:11 of this video:

The way he talks gives me Charles Martinet Mario vibes.

3 hours ago, Jilal said:

This is a video Pierre uploaded five years ago, featuring the same picture. Guess this confirms it was taken years ago.

On 06/12/2023 at 12:39 PM, Pierre said:

So i did it different way. I contacted the agency and i had a chance to work at it with John himself. So thanks to this forum and shame on haters.*

*Not including Jurassic Shark.

Pierre, you're too kind.