ALIEN Re-Release

Lurker

In addition to the two isolated score tracks (one of them has the alternates and production audio! and the other is the score as intended) you also get a different Ridley Scott solo commentary and a different picture transfer. I'd say both are worth owning.

Neil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a question - I have the Alien DVD from the Quadrilogy - is it worth having the original Alien DVD for the alternate Goldsmith score accompanying the film? It's not for the isolated score per se, I have that on mp3 already.

General opinion seems to be "Yes" - since there are other extras on that disc - including a better commentary - that are also worth having....

With Varese announcing their next club batch on the 26th of this month I wonder if maybe, just maybe a deluxe Alien will be included.......

I'm sure we will see an eventual release of an expanded Alien. I'm just hoping it's Monday morning.....;)

Well, I have the iso-score DVD but a nice 2-CD set for the jerry CD collection would still be welcome. However, folks don't get your hopes up too much for the next Club CD batch. After the excellence of the last batch which incluced one of the most requested scores ever with Ghostbusters, they might just give us some not-so-mindblowing scores this time. Maybe still a Goldsmith title since Bob Townson stated that Goldsmith will receive one more entry in the CD Club this year. Boys From Brazil has been traded as a likely candidate.

I have no complaint with any of the CDs in Varese's Club releases. Even if there are no Goldsmith or Williams CDs I'm sure there will be one or two that I want.

Well, I have the iso-score DVD but a nice 2-CD set for the jerry CD collection would still be welcome. However, folks don't get your hopes up too much for the next Club CD batch. After the excellence of the last batch which incluced one of the most requested scores ever with Ghostbusters, they might just give us some not-so-mindblowing scores this time. Maybe still a Goldsmith title since Bob Townson stated that Goldsmith will receive one more entry in the CD Club this year. Boys From Brazil has been traded as a likely candidate.

The alien score would fit in a sole CD. Maybe even with alternates.

A film version should not be sold...

I have tried to fit all original material (including alternates, etc) Goldsmith composed for alien that can be found on the iso-score track onto one disc but it does not work (even though i did not include the two other different takes of the landing). If they make it a single disc release then something has to be left off and if that happens, some fans will surely end up largely disappointed.