My Date With Drew

Lurker

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool idea :music: That guy has taste :)

However, I don't see the deadline date of his 30 days anywhere, and judging the "updates" page, the whole thing is already running for one and a half months... (?)

Good comic, Marc. Doesn't hold a candle to Tintin though.

About the movie, it has to be, by a wide margin, the oddest idea one could turn into a movie. Meaning that I really have to see it to state an opinion.

Like Stefancos said, the two are very different. But Tintin (Kuifje over here) is great too, and last time I reread the series I always made sure I read an album in one go so as to pick up the pacing better and read it like watching a movie.

- Marc, whose favourite Tintin is Flight 714 and who suggested his History teacher three years ago to read Tintin in the Land of the Soviets as an interesting reflection of how the old Soviet Union was seen back then.

:angry: John Williams - The Battle of Endor I from Return of the Jedi

Ugh, why Barrymore?

A few years back, in the "Boys on the Side" era, sure, I'd say hell yeah, she's hot, but now?

I agree,she was hot...5 years ago.

K.M.

• 3 months later...

I got to see the movie last night. It's really good. This was a family and friends screening. I can't talk about it, but I'll just say I had a great time with it.

Dreamworks views it this Friday.

Neil

It's like saying Sex and the City is a better show then Twilight Zone

Eh, it's still a tv show. You can easily say that, what you can't do is judge them by the same standards. ;)

• 4 months later...

A quick update...

My friend will be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno April 13 and on The Today Show April 19. I don't know if he'll have any news regarding the release of this film, but I hope he does.

jay.leno.jpg

Neil

Brian got bumped off of tonights Tonight Show. Phil Mickelson will be on instead. Brian will be on another time.

Whether he still recognizes me or not remains to be seen. :)

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Brian will be on tonights episode. He really got shafted. Had he been on a few weeks ago, he would have been on with Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. Tonight, he's on with......Ellen Degeneres. Still it's going to be really cool seeing him on TV in front of a live audience, but I think I know who I'd rather meet in the green room.

Neil

I get what you mean about being shafted, but I really like Ellen. Anyway, hope he has fun! I'll watch if I remember.  

Ray Barnsbury

I smell something fishy... a Finding Nemo fan, perhaps?

~Karm -liked Nemo too.

Hmmm, I think it might be more interesting for a guy to meet Rebecca Romijn than Ellen. Now if you were a woman you might want to meet Ellen.....

I just saw the episode, and it was cool seeing Neil's friend. He seemed like a really nice guy, and actually I thought he looked a little like Neil. And the Baywatch thing with him was great LOL I'm intrigued about his film now, is there a way to see it online?

Ray Barnsbury

I'm intrigued about his film now, is there a way to see it online?

He wouldn't even let me copy the DVD when he was out here in November. ;)

I also think in my year book supplement there is a picture of me in Florida mis-credited as being Brian. I know there is a photo with the names all wrong, but I may have been labelled as my friend, Jay.

Neil

Good concept... but if you are gonna' do that, why not choose a hotter chick? Like everyone said... maybe a few years back, but she seems to go back and forth between cute and nasty-looking on a regular basis.

Then again, maybe that's why he did it? She isn't totally unreachable like some "hotter" ones could be.

-Chris, Who lucked out... his personal "hottest chick" is his fiance! ;)

Stop whining, she's pretty hot. Anyway this episode will be aired here in about 1 hour. I will be watching. ;)

but if you are gonna' do that, why not choose a hotter chick?

Because he's had a crush on Drew since he was a kid, and "Drew Barrymore" was the winning answer from the game show that he won the money from to even make this.

Neil

Because he's had a crush on Drew since he was a kid, and "Drew Barrymore" was the winning answer from the game show that he won the money from to even make this.

Cool. Double coincidence. I hope the movie's a success! :) Oddly, my uncle has a crush on her too, but he's in his 50's or 60's. :P

Waitaminute now. I hope this doesn't come out wrong, because it's an original concept, but this is freaky.... Am I having deja vu or didn't I already see that movie on HBO or Cinemax a year ago or something?

Stop whining, she's pretty hot.

Well, your standards are nothing to brag about, are they? ;)

After all, if she was covered in hair, walked on all fours, smelled like a zoo, and had insects swarming her, you'd still think she's a hottie as long as she wasn't being a "prude" by hiding her genitalia from you. ;)

It's like saying Sex and the City is a better show then Twilight Zone

Sluts an--- ERM, I meant SEX and the City... no, I was right the 1st time... SLUTS and the City is better than approximately an infomercial.

I take that back. Sometimes you can get some cool stuff in an infomercial. And better acting.

-CJ, Who hates... no DESPISES that show and will take The Sopranos anyday....

Show ain't so bad, I like Kim Cattrall's and Kristin Davis's characters.

Oh, I'll admit that Kristen Davis is hot, but I don't like any of their repulsive characters.

OH, that's right! Those filthy dames are right up your alley, eh buddy? They do tend act rather... animalistic. :)

Filthy words aren't always filthy. American Pie for instance is good natured and has a heart, despite the vulgarity.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Morlock- who just took this line from a movie he sincerely doubts anyone here has seen, much less remembers