What's Your Favourite Short Score?

This might be the shortest one I "have" - most of it is the main and end titles which are mostly the same take, there's a couple variations in the middle (which are probably just parts of another take) and one more 2 minute cue I couldn't separate from the sound effects.

34 minutes ago, Holko said:

This might be the shortest one I "have" - most of it is the main and end titles which are mostly the same take, there's a couple variations in the middle (which are probably just parts of another take) and one more 2 minute cue I couldn't separate from the sound effects.

Oh yes, Hungarian scores are usually short, but excellent. 

My favourite is László Dés' SOSE HALUNK MEG (We Never Die). It's basically one theme and its variations, but very melancholic and beautiful, just like the film that's one of my all-time favourites. 

Another one is György Vukán's A TANÚ (The Witness). Again, the film is a genuine classic and the score is so fitting.

Just now, Davis said:

Another one is György Vukán's A TANÚ (The Witness). Again, the film is a genuine classic and the score is so fitting.

Ugh I tried to rip that masterpiece multiple times but the AI isolators struggle with the dialogue and sound effects too much. The base benchmark would be the fun stakhanovite march version of the main theme for the house rebuilding scene, I try to get that and give up when I can't. I do have some other scores uploaded on my channel. ;)

2 hours ago, Holko said:

Ugh I tried to rip that masterpiece multiple times but the AI isolators struggle with the dialogue and sound effects too much. The base benchmark would be the fun stakhanovite march version of the main theme for the house rebuilding scene, I try to get that and give up when I can't. I do have some other scores uploaded on my channel. ;)

Too bad classic Hungarian film music is almost non-existent on the CD format. These classic themes should be re-recorded for a compilation. 

What is your channel called? Is it on YouTube?

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

Hmmm... I guess Williams's Dear Basketball?

Or are we talking about short scores for feature films?

IMG_0409.gif

Define short scores. I also echo filmmusic - short films or feature films needs to be specified. My brain implodes with too loose parameters.

On 12/06/2024 at 7:23 PM, Thor said:

Define short scores.

@Jay answered your question perfectly. 

On 12/06/2024 at 4:11 PM, Brock Lovett said:

Captain EO

Haven't seen the film. I know Coppola and Lucas made it with Michael Jackson. I see that Horner wrote the score, but it hasn't been released yet. 

2 hours ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

Cast Away. 

An unpopular choice around these parts, I'm sure. But I love it.

I love it, too. Beautiful and melancholic. 

Wings Over Everest (1934) by Hubert Bath

The film itself won an Oscar for the Best Short

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxWzh3A0zq4AF5_kLv3K0T0Bfa2UeHNjqx?feature=shared

It's like a Silvestri's Mummy Returns, but acompanying the footage of real heroics.

I think perhaps 40 minutes is too much. If we take 90-120 minutes as the average runtime of a feature film, I would count less. But it's up to the individual to define this, I guess (and if we want to include short films or not). However, as I do not generally know the amount of music in a given film, and since I think doing the research about it is one of the most boring things ever, I wondered if we perhaps could count soundtrack albums that are 20 minutes or less. I have some of those that I think are really good. And it only requires some iTunes scrolling to find.