Getting people for a meet in Chicago to see JW... details?

samandred

We cxoming to the states to see JW in concert on November 28th (Saturday). It'd be nice to meet other fans. There are three of us currently thinking about it...

We could make such a meeting happen. My email is red.tiny@ntlworld.com

My name is Sam Wardhan. I'm 31, my wife is Ava Horowitz. I'm Indian, she's Jewish. We live in London and Lincoln in England. We're gonna be in Chicago on late Friday night, till Sunday night.

We have nowhere to stay yet, it'd make sense if we could all stay near other people. We love having luxury 5 stars but we're also comfortable staying in youth hostels.

I'm gonna start a new thread about getting people together...

Are you interested in meeting? Who are you all? Where are you staying?

Sammy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, samandred, I live and work in Chicago so I will certainly be there, hopefully at 2 of the three nights! I have seen Williams only once before, at a Chicago Ravinia concert several years ago. My wife and I will be attending this year. We live downtown, near the Hancock Tower so the CSO center is close by for us. Do you have reservations somewhere yet? Let me know! :happybday:

• 5 weeks later...
So, should we all reply again to this thread, just make sure we all know who will be meeting before/after the concerts and where?

Why not? :)

I'm Kathy and will be attending all three concerts. Meeting at Bennigans is fine with me, either before or afterward.

Mari, looking forward to meeting other JWFans

p.s. I just found out that the guy who was going to attend the concerts with me can't go after all and I now have an extra ticket for the Tuesday (12/2) concert. If anyone is interesting in purchasing it, let me know via PM and we can work out arrangements. Thanks!

Hello i'm Fabrizio from Roma (italy) and i'll be attending at the 28, 29 Concert then i'm going in New York;

We could have a meeting in front the Symphony Center in the afternoon of 28 November

What you think abuot?

Bye

Fabrizio

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, the excitement is certainly building! I look forward not only to the shows but to meeting fellow JW fans. I guess we will have to choose a time at which to meet as well, according to others' travel plans and such.

I'm a shy guy along with my twin(we're 15 so yeah), and we probably wont want to meet in a restaurant you know (you're all welcome to) I'd be find with just a meeting before or after the show

That's fine, no one will ask you to join a conga line or anything, we'll just meet up and chat, whether it's in a restautant or in the symphony center. Either way, it's just a public meeting place. Now since Williams is not leading a pre-concert discussion on Friday we don't have to worry about making it to that. The concert starts at 7:30pm, right? We could meet at 6pm, that way we have an hour or so to chat, then make our way to out seats around 7pm?

What?!?!?

No conga line ... I'm devastated! :)

Seriously CyclonusArmada, your idea is good. I don't think the Rhapsody restaurant in the Symphony Center has been mentioned yet as a possibility. I ate in the dining area the last time I attended a concert (excellent food, but a bit pricy), and I know there is also a bar area where we could all meet.

BTW, I think the Friday concert starts at 8pm. :)

~Mari

Good call, Mari, I forgot about Rhapsody as well! It's been awhile since I was there, but it is a fine place to meet, since it is connected to the Symphony Center itself. There is a nice bar/lounge area, perfect for a meeting place. If 8pm is start time, do we think 630pm is a good time? Too early?

HI!

For me it's ok! at 6.30 pm in the bar area of the Symphony Center

I've just a little problem with english (i'm italian, and it will be my first time in the U.S.A) but i want to be at the meet;

I hope thisn't a problem for you! i mean my bad english :)

Bye

Fabrizio

:wave:

6:30 at the Symphony Center bar/lounge area works for me too!

I look forward to meeting everyone. ;)

~Mari

Here are photos of everyone, so you know who to look for.....

QuestionMarkMan (and his twin)

wondertwins2.jpg

CyclonusArmada

Transfandom_Cyclonus3.jpg

Ichabod

ichabod.jpg

Dole

dole.jpg

Mari

mari.gif

Hope this helps!

Neil

hahahaha wonder twins,

seeing me and my brother are both male that description is a little off

Mari

mari.gif

:wave:

Thanks Neil! I think I've just found my new avatar.

And why not, we could whistle The Imperial March  :P

And wear black turtlenecks like the Maestro ;)

~Mari

wondertwins2.jpg

hahahaha wonder twins, seeing me and my brother are both male that description is a little off

I know....here is the actual photo of the two of you.

ACF2C8.jpg

Neil

wondertwins2.jpg

hahahaha wonder twins, seeing me and my brother are both male that description is a little off

I know....here is the actual photo of the two of you.

ACF2C8.jpg

Neil

Actually we're quite the opposite, we're 6'4.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be wearing a dress if that helps. ;)

Seriously, this is what the CSO website recommends:

What should I wear?  

Attending a concert at Symphony Center is always a special occasion; therefore, most patrons enjoy dressing up a bit. Today's standards for business formal dress or business casual dress are both acceptable for concerts at Orchestra Hall. Jeans, shorts, and t-shirts are discouraged. After all, the musicians will be wearing their finest (tuxedos or suits on the men and gowns on the women). It is also recommended that patrons refrain from using strong perfumes and colognes so as not to distract the patrons sitting around you.

Kathy

I think just a short and tie will be suitable, that is what I will be wearing. I will try to post a picture soon. If that fails, I am 6' tall, 150lbs, short brown hair, glasses and goatee. And I am 30 years old. I will be wearing shirt and tie most likely, my wife has really long blond hair.

Is anybody going to be wearing a suit?

And even if we all post pics of ourselves, what area will we try to meet at the concert? besides the pub/bar you're all going to and i'm not

I'll be attending Sat. p.m. with 2 friends...

anyone meeting ahead of time. we'll definitely be at the pre-concer talked.

Greg here..... light purple dress shirt. black pants. 5'9" 37 y/o caucasian... find me there!!

no doubt we'll be arriving to the pre-concert talk early.

would love to chat with other fans.

this is hilarous.

LOL

I'll be attending Sat. p.m. with 2 friends...

anyone meeting ahead of time.  we'll definitely be at the pre-concer talked.

Greg here.....  light purple dress shirt.  black pants.  5'9"  37 y/o caucasian... find me there!!  

no doubt we'll be arriving to the pre-concert talk early.

would love to chat with other fans.

this is hilarous.

LOL

Hi Greggeth,

So far no plans have been set for meeting up on Saturday ....

I will be dining at Rhapsody restaurant and then heading over to the pre-concert conversation. I would enjoy meeting up with other fans as well. :banghead:

Kathy

Alright, TODAY is John Williams 1st Chicago concert, which will be the only one I'll be attending.

Just some last minute q's

What time should we get to the music hall for the pre-concert talk and where will it be held?

according to the CSO web-site there is NO pre-concert talk on Fri. p.m. There is one, however, on Saturday when I'll be attending.

http://www.cso.org/sat_performdetail.taf?eventid=5115

I won't be dining at Rhapsody before hand on Sat... (too expensive, although it is elegant)

I'll keep my eyes open for big time fans at the pre-concert on Sat. watch for me too.... (my description above, in previous posting).

For the concert.... our seats on in Lower Balcony E-9 area.... that on the LEFT side as you're FACING the stage/orchestra. for pre-concert talks... can we sit anywhere?? i'll plan on looking for Kathy in the lobby around 6:30 (pre-concert talk starts @ 6:45) Kathy... hope to see you there. :)

Greg

Saturday, 6:30 in the lobby works for me :)

I didn't attend the pre-concert talk at the last CSO peformance I attended, but believe it was open seating.

I was able to get seats on the main floor for all the concerts ... row G tonight, row E on Saturday and row F on Tuesday.

Kathy, writing this on the TV in the hotel room!