Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Teaser now online

JoeinAR

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Potter CGI isn't exactly state of the art. And it is indeed to short. We get a few shots of Dobby (not exciting when we already know the teaser poster, except that we now get to see his cool nose from the side) and the flying car. Nothing impressive for those who know the story.

Marian - who hopes the full-length teaser will be better.

You guys!!!!!

The effects should be 10 times better than the first instalment where the Centaur and Fluffy looked like they should have been in Clash of the Titans!!!

Dobby looks great and the flying car bit was fine too.... It's not Star Wars, it's still got to look like England and all....

So far I'm excited!

me

Keep in mind these may not be the finalized effects. The movie still has several months to go before release, so they may still be in a somewhat rough form.

Neil

Neil,

Is that Denise Richards? Are we resorting to this now??????????

Does it end with the train about to crash into the car?  Or did my stream mess-up?

That's the end.

I like Denise Richards. :)

Neil

Well, Ren it's not as if the first film followed the novel detail for detail either. What's wrong with adding a little excitement to those scenes? That sequence could have been rather boring had they followed the book too closely. Some things just don't transfer well visually when it's done exactly as written.

I argee with ocelot about Dobby and the car. The effects are much better, even at such an early stage, this time out. The compositing is far superior. I'm glad they gave ILM the lead job, rather than the Sony Pictures Imageworks (along with six other FX houses) again.

well i do have to agree that it was exciting. . .sometimes though i think they add stuff just to please rather than effect.

Well, at least with these films, Rowling as some say in any changes made. The director, producers, and screenwriter actually ask for her input. Most authors just have to settle for watching their work being butchered once the rights are sold.

Take Tom Clancy for instance. He was not happy when Patriot Games was turned into a sequel to The Hunt For Red October, but the novel takes place before THFRO. And now, they've turned Sum of All Fears into a prequel.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with adding excitement... What is wrong is changing the plot, the dialogue, the story, that would be wrong. Film is a completely different medium to books, so much has to be condensed yet they have to strive to be faithful but also capture the magic and excitement. It's hard...

Ocelot

And yes, the images are 10 times better already!

well i'm glad that they enhanced the book. . .but i still ask the question :

did they do if for book enhancement or for pure audience enjoyment!

I saw it on television last night, and I must say it was better on tv than on my little computer. Dobby looked alot better on the bigger screen.

Any changes Columbus makes is ok with me if it improves the story.

And Ren your question about changes for book enhancement or pure audience enjoyment, you know the answer to that. Nothing Columbus changes will be changed in the book, so no book enhancement. Changes will be made to make it more cinematic, and for audience enjoyment.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with adding excitement... What is wrong is changing the plot, the dialogue, the story, that would be wrong.  Film is a completely different medium to books, so much has to be condensed yet they have to strive to be faithful but also capture the magic and excitement.  It's hard...

Ocelot

And yes, the images are 10 times better already!

I agree with everything you said, that is why I don't like Kubricks Shining, because he changed plot, dialogue, the story, and didn't try to be faithful, thus for me did not capture the magic and excitement of that story.

That is why I was pleased with HP and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone, it stayed true to the story, even if it was condensed.

Go ahead an like what you want Stefan, but the King version is the better version to me. Like Stevie, I find the Kubrick version lacking in all the made King's story great, and a bestseller.

Joe, who thinks the best King films are Carrie(#1), Green Mile, Misery, Shawshank Redemption, Stand By Me, Dead Zone, Christine, and Cujo.

I think the best tv productions have been It, the Stand, and Storm of the Century, and the Shining.

I like Denise Richards.

Ain't she the chick in Starshipp Troopers and The World is Not Enough?

Justin - :?:

Yes, and the current hit (and very funny movie) Undercover Brother!

Neil

Are you talking about Denise being a bad character in Bond? If so, I'd agree to that. Sorry, Indy, but she didn't do too well in the acting department if you ask me.

~Harry

Why hasn't anyone attacked Barbara Bach? She played Anya Amasova in The Spy Who Loved Me. We're supposed to believe that this hot 19 year old is a spy as good as Bond? That's no more outrageous than believing Denise Richards is a nuclear physicist, and Ms. Bach was just as wooden as Ms. Richards, I just think Denise Richards is a lot better looking.

Now, getting back on topic.......I just watched the full trailer in the theater. Very cool! And I didn't even have to watch Scooby Doo to see it.

Neil

I just finished rereading Chamber of Secrets, I can hardly wait. The ending should be pretty cool.

Book 2 is my fav! I can't wait!!! :)

Now, getting back on topic.......I just watched the full trailer in the theater. Very cool! And I didn't even have to watch Scooby Doo to see it.  

I just saw that 30 sec trailer too. So short... :(

And you just saw the full trailer in the theater.... typical..... I guess they really want to put butts in those seats...so they'd put the FULL Trailer in there. How long was the full trailer?

:? ARRGHHH

The full trailer is about two minutes long.

Neil, how does Aragog look at the end of the trailer, cool and creepy, or stupid and fake?