8 Twilight and Shadow (Renee Fleming)

9 Cirith Ungol

10 Anduril

11 Shelab's Lair

12 Ash and Smoke

13 The Fields of the Pelennor

14 Hope Fails

15 The Black Gate Opens (James Galway)

16 The End of All Things (Renee Fleming)

17 The Return of the King (James Galway, Viggo Mortensen, Renee Fleming)

18 The Grey Havens (James Galway)

19 Into the West (Annie Lenox)

Stefancos- who's wondering who James Galway and Renee Fleming are?

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious if there is going to be dialog from the movie since Billy Boyd, Viggo Mortenson, etc are listed on the track listing.

Also, is the 3 cd set going to include all three movies? That is what I gather from that ad. Although it says it contains the first two soundtracks, but the codes do not match the ones listed on the far left.

Sweet. But what are Billy Boyd and Viggo Mortensen doing on the track listing? There wouldn't be any dialogue on it, would there? :)

That supertrailer sounds mighty cool, though. But it'll probably be too friggin expensive for me. If anyone gets it, care to put it online? :P

- Marc, who wants NO censored dialogue on his soundtracks. I remember all too well the horror that is More Music From Braveheart :mrgreen:

James Galway plays the flute

I bet he's one of the first one's killed in battle. I'm glad they stopped doing that on the battlefield. Who's the drummer boy? :mrgreen:

There is no dialogue on this release. Billy Boyd and Viggo Mortensen are both singing. Remember that Viggo Mortensen can be heard singing in the Fellowship extended edition.

And a report from someone who saw the 20min excerpts shwon to the press says that Pippin will sing a sad song because Denethor asks him to do so, intercut with scenes of Faramir and his soldiers charging.

I wonder ... will "Return of the King" be the music for Aragorn's coronation ceremony? Chronologically it fits... and then i have a strong suspicion what Viggo will sing :mrgreen:

-Chris, who would find this absolutely amazing. And it would close a hidden circle, since the beginning of this song is heard when the fellowship approaches the Argonath.

I wonder ... will "Return of the King" be the music for Aragorn's coronation ceremony? Chronologically it fits... and then i have a strong suspicion what Viggo will sing :mrgreen:

You do? Pippin's song is pretty obvious, but I admit I can't figure out what Aragorn could be singing.

Marian - who is certain that this will be a great score.

Hmmmm this looks pretty good. I am not gonna buy this though. Simply put I am gonna wait for the friggin extended versions of these scores to come out. I dont like being ripped off by having to pay for "extended" releases of soundtracks. You know ...... like what happened with a certain Sci-Fi/Fantasy franchise recently? :)

Annie Lennox on LOTR? Did she go broke or what? How low can a good girl get laid, really? I thought she'd kept a good distance off divas like Enya and Celine Dion, but now she's in it with them. On the rocks...!

Main Titles from Star Wars: Episode III - "Knife Across The Spaceship Pie" (performed by Madonna)

Hurried, as always, but can't just help it. Too bad Shore practically admits that the mammoth sales of the Fellowship soundtrack can be ascribed to Enya's contribution mainly, whatever I might think of her cheapo bits on LOTR:FOTR. The LOTR:TTT didn't top its predecessor, and frankly, it was not destined to because it was so void musically (honestly, I love the orchestration on both scores, but that can't suffice to keep the score interesting to masses). Just like Celine Dion helped the sales of Titanic grow over a common Horner's score's sales, Shore hopes to achieve the same with Lennox. Annie is back in the race with her latest album, which I think is truly marvelous, much like the Eurythmics of the eighties, and as same as Dion was a good lure in the '97 thanks to her immense popularity around the time, I bet they're pinning their faiths in Annie hoping to achieve the impossible.

Annie, please, draw yourself back till it's not too late!!!! Please!!!!!!!!! It makes no good sense with you in it!!!!!!!!

No one to back me up???? Really,????????

:eek: :roll: :) :? :eek:

I wonder ... will "Return of the King" be the music for Aragorn's coronation ceremony? Chronologically it fits... and then i have a strong suspicion what Viggo will sing :)

You do? Pippin's song is pretty obvious, but I admit I can't figure out what Aragorn could be singing.

Perhaps "Et Earello Endorenna utulien! Sinome maruvan ar hildanyar tenn'ambar-metta" ? :eek:

oh wow. i can't wait to continue reading this article. that track list is stunning. i can't wait to hear Ben, Billy and Viggo sing whoo hoo. thanks stefan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie Lennox on LOTR? Did she go broke or what? How low can a good girl get laid, really? I thought she'd kept a good distance off divas like Enya and Celine Dion, but now she's in it with them. On the rocks...!

Hmmm, I rather liked Enya's work on 'Fellowship,' but I speak as a collector of her music.

I also don't really have a problem with pop singer-songwriters contributing to blockbuster movies, just as I don't mind when noted classical music soloists like Yo-Yo Ma, Christopher Parkening lend their talents to cinema. To blast them for opportunism seems presumptuous at the very least.

looks good...especially since i don't see the song that liv tyler supposedly recorded for ROTK on there. :thumbup:

i thought it was shelob.

It is shelob at least thats what J.R. Tolkien thought it was...........cue mystery music

GO HOWARD, GO HOWARD, GO HOW-ARD

I think it's strange Pippin will sing for Denethor since in the book he does nothing of the sort. Although Denethor mentions one of Pippins duties as his servant is to keep him company and sing to him he actually does not(and is happy he is not asked to sing). I wait with trepidations what will Billy Boyd sound like on the soundtrack :) .

As for Viggo he should do better than he did on the Extended edition DVD where the tune he wrote (with that "celtic feel" :thumbup: )was quite insignificant and he sang it so quietly I almost didn't catch it.

I hope we get to hear more of the Nazgul theme as well as the Ring theme. The Fields of Pelennor and Minas Morgul sound promising cues for the Nazgul theme. I also hope the Grond scene music (which must be scored) is also included on the soundtrack. It is awesome in the book and I'll bet very dramatic in the film as well.

I'll wish the very best to Howard Shore. He has finally finished a massive task of composing the score for LOTR trilogy and that is not a small feat. He has done a good job thusfar. I can't wait the the 25th of the next month.

I also don't really have a problem with pop singer-songwriters contributing to blockbuster movies, just as I don't mind when noted classical music soloists like Yo-Yo Ma, Christopher Parkening lend their talents to cinema.  To blast them for opportunism seems presumptuous at the very least.

I respect your standpoint, but I view things differently.

Look, I too don't mind Ma or Parkening or anyone doing whatever they're asked to as long as they stay more or less faithful to the genre they made their names on. Seven Years in Tibet or the Collection Theme are quite classical/acoustic compositions, so could be thought of Crouching Tiger and even Stepmom, at least the tracks where Parkening's solo appears.

By the way, I love what Sting did on Leaving Las Vegas and Sabrina because he didn't branch from what he's used to doing. But I bet "Into The West" is everything but a pop/rock song.

Maybe you'll understand what I mean if I tell you that I absolutely "abhor" the endeavor of Andrea Bocelli to erase boundaries splitting various genres by unceasingly wobbling between pop and classical worlds. I THINK (I don't know) Shore's trying to achieve being recognized in a classical music field (he'll turn LOTR into symphony) but he still wants to appeal to the audience with broader tastes (and younger fans and fans of pop and rock, too) as if he feared that sticking strictly to classical epos would deprive him of some Tolkien fans. Annie Lennox must have seemed as a sure bet. In the end, her song will get a lot of airplay, just like My Heart Will Go On got before her. I don't know whether Annie won the Academy Award for the song from Apollo 13, but this time chances are there.

Long story short. Let them do whatever they want to do, but acquiring Lennox reeks of a well-thought marketing ploy.

I admit my view is a minority's report, but I won't go blandishing something I don't like.

Roman.-)

• 2 weeks later...

According to www.play.com, this highly anticipated score release (IMO) will be accompanied by a limited edition bonus DVD with a segment on making the score and a profile of Howard Shore ;)

Go here: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title...ge=1&add=143305

Long may this concept continue, we could soon have the same for our favourite maestro, fingers crossed! Nice one Warners!

-Tim

Amazon has three versions listed:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...6195182-9701722

Anyone have any further information on what the 2nd and 3rd disc are in the last one?

I for one am sick of the different versions put out of the ROTK score album. The record company is making money nothing more. It is outrageous that you have to pay 20 euros more to get that collector edition DVD with the album(though I guess that is why it is called collector's edition ;) ). The material is not very special since all you get is a 20 minute interview with Shore and one new song by Annie Lennox ("Use well the Days") plus some tidbits of the production and lyrics.

In the past releases the value of the extra material has not been very extravagant(FOTR collector's edition had more lyrics and TTT one new cue from the FOTR Extended DVD new scene and more lyrics which could have been included on the regular release if the record company would have not been so stingy.)

Rogue Leader I think you should not wait for the full releases to happen in the early 2004 since the Extended edition score for ROTK will be done earliest in the summer I'll wager. Yes it would be nice to get the first 2 scores in full before the end of the year but who knows. Shore said in some interview something about the end of year 2004 along with the release of ROTK Extended edition DVD.

The other 2 disc's on the last one are the FOTR and TTT soundtrack packaged with ROTK. I don't think there's anything new about them ;)

I was not happy with the collector's edition of TTT. It had the extra track which is nice, but two additional tracks were edited down to help accomodate it. :music:

Also some of the "exclusive online content" like a making of video and an interview with Howard Shore never materialized.

I'll buy the reguar release and hope that someday the full scores will come out.

Once again with nothing to write about JW I go to my other obsession the LOTR.

I just went to my local record store here in Finland to ask when the ROTK album is going to be released and they answered the 21 of November. It's four day in advance of the listed release date!!! It happened last year too with the TTT album. No complaining here since this happens not too often here in Finland. We usually get the scores 2-3 months after the initial release. I can't wait for the next friday :).

I have correct this one to my disappointment (the early release was too good to be true anyway):The release date of The Return of the King soundtrack has changed from the date announced earlier (11/24/2003). At the moment, the soundtrack will be officially released December 1. In reality, this means the CD will be in stores around Helsinki on December 2 and elsewhere in Finland the day after. Source: Warner Music Finland, Tuula Hangasluoma.

I am very, very disappointed :cry: :cry:

yes,thank you,but I don't see the need to clutter the main board with another LotR topic for this.(and yes,i know your technically allowed and I'm not the moderator)

K.M.

Here in Vienna, we had the remastered/expanded/original tracks Jaws several weeks before the international release date, for whatever reason. I was therefore one of the first people on the web to write a review for it. :)

Marian - who wishes that'd happen more often.

www.classicfm.com might be playing the ROTK soundtrack today on it's Most Wanted show......they are at #3 right now and it hasn't come up yet. The announcer has said that the #1 choice was waaaaaaaay out in front, so it's got to be that. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they play the whole soundtrack! I got up at 6AM my time (11AM GMT time) to listen to/record it!! If they do play it, I'll be sure to rip it, and if anyone has server space to offer, please let know......I'm sure people will want to hear it!

Here's to hoping! :P

If not, just 1 week to go...... 8O

..............so after waiting a whole hour, at 6AM (I got 4 hours of sleep tonight!) they only play ONE TRACK from the soundtrack..... banghead banghead banghead 8O censored :P

They played "Minas Tirith" and it was really good, but it wasn't the whole soundtrack :P I really wanted to hear the complete "The End of All Things"........arrrrrrrgh.......now I'm going to have to sleep after my 9AM class.........

I did record it as a .wav file, tho it's not amazing quality....

hmmm.....

Just wait for the CD in a week. :roll:

Justin -Who doesn't get this squabling over crappy sounding mp3/wave files. Except for Soundings. (But that isn't getting released is it. 8O )