Movie Theme Contest #4 - Catch Me If You Can

Kevin McCallister

What do you think is the best theme in Catch Me If You Can?  

16 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Chase Theme
    • The Father's Theme
    • Frank's Theme

Okay guys, I know I started this a LONG time ago and it's been ancient, but I'm starting this up again.

For those of you who don't remember, I started posting movie theme contests here a while back, the first three being Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Superman, and Home Alone, the winners for each being Parade of The Slave Children, the Krypton theme, and Star Of Bethlehem. Now, how about Catch Me If You Can?

Tough choice for me. All the themes are great. However, I have to go with the chase motif. So fun, so playful, but the Father's Theme is also beautiful. The only gripe I have with it is that it's a LITTLE depressing. Sometimes, I feel like I can only listen to it if I'm pissed off or feeling kinda low.

Frank's theme is also good, but I don't think it is as good as the previous two.

Thoughts?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose the Chase Theme - like Kevin said, it's so fun, and with a bit of urgency and mystery. Frank's Theme is really close for me, though. The Father's Theme works very well in the film, but I don't enjoy it that much as a listening experience.

Ray Barnsbury

PS - Keven, I really like these polls, keep 'em coming! I wouldn't mind doing one sometime, as long as you haven't copyrighted them. :)

the chase theme is the best one in The Float and Learning the Ropes(which as a little extension tagged at the end at some point)

i really don't like the Main Title theme,i avoid listening to it,i should have mentionned it in the abhor thread.

K.M.

And the Father's Theme is called Recollections, too.

I had to go for Frank's Theme. So playful, so innocent, so fragile. So much like the character. Its leit-motif qualities are excellent. And so rythmic, it allows for a dynamic and superb score.

-Ross, bigger CMIYC fan than he can explain

The waste of money last year was going to Wal-Mart to get the Attack of the Clones soundtrack, which reportedly had the extra track on it. It was only later in the day that fans started to realize that Target had the bonus track and not Wal-Mart. I wound up with 2 CD's. I gave one to my sister.

Neil

The waste of money last year was going to Wal-Mart to get the Attack of the Clones soundtrack, which reportedly had the extra track on it.  It was only later in the day that fans started to realize that Target had the bonus track and not Wal-Mart.  I wound up with 2 CD's.  I gave one to my sister.

I did the exact same thing but I sold my extra copy on ebay for $4.00. Better than nothing, I suppose...

I bought this the day it came out.  Still haven't listened to it.

Why not?

Justin -Who doesn't believe he doesn't have the time...lack of interest I suppose tsk tsk... :roll: :thumbup:

Why not?

Justin -Who doesn't believe he doesn't have the time...lack of interest I suppose tsk tsk... :roll: :nono:

Oh, come on, you know the intense physical exertion it entails...

I can't have Williams music out there and me not listen to it. Last Christmas I tried to restrain from buying Chamber of Secrets and Catch Me If You Can CDs, thinking that it would make easy gifts that my family could get me... I couldn't do it. I had to have them and listen to them. I'm quite insane like that.

The main titles is absolutely fantastic, whatever that is up on the poll is the one i vote for.

Why not?

Justin -Who doesn't believe he doesn't have the time...lack of interest I suppose tsk tsk... :roll: :(

I haven't yet opened my TPM Ultimate Edition to listen to it, since the standard release is my favoriteand after reading the disappointing comments on it i don't think i want to be disappointed so I keep on stalling to open it up until no new work be made by John Williams.

Why not?

Justin -Who doesn't believe he doesn't have the time...lack of interest I suppose tsk tsk... :roll: :(

I haven't yet opened my TPM Ultimate Edition to listen to it, since the standard release is my favoriteand after reading the disappointing comments on it i don't think i want to be disappointed so I keep on stalling to open it up until no new work be made by John Williams.

:)

you'd like "Talk of Podracing" and "Anakin is Free" a lot,these cues reflect the dramatic writing of 7 years in tibet and Angela's Ashes.

K.M.

I would have thought it odd would never tell it on myself until Neil disclosed that about himself. TPM is not the only film score I am yet to unseal and hear, though.

I might listen to it durin this weekend. But some particular track times scare me off terribly! It's like a film score in the megamix.