Original Scores

tony69

I was wondering where one could obtain John Williams Original Scores. I know there is the Hal Leonard John Williams Signature Series for much of them. Are there any other ways to obtain the scores?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are also 3 scores not published by Hal Leonard:

Two Concert Works published by MCA in the 1960s:

Essay for Strings

Sinfonietta for Winds and Percussion

And the ORIGINAL Star Wars suite, full score (does NOT contain the same music as the Hal Leonard edition), which was printed by Fox in 1977.

I have all 3, along with several Hal Leonard Signature edition.

Plus, there are other official concert arrangements of JWs works (such as Indy 3) that are not available to the public, but I do not know how to obtain them.

Also, the Curtis Institute in Philadelphia, PA, USA, is rumored to have a manuscript or manuscript facsimilie to JW's Violin Concerto. I have tried to obtain a facsimilie of this work, but to no avail. They said they wouldn't because I wasn't a Curtis student or alum.

There are some published JW manuscript excerpts in at least two books on film scoring. One of those books is "On The Track" by Fred Karlin. I don't remember the title of the other book, but I can locate it for you.

I have a score to "The Asteroid Field", which is a computer engraved version of a score that is unpublished in any form.

I hope this helps.