Soundings Recording

Donnelly24

If anyone recorded Soundings, could you please post it for those of us who tragicly missed the live broadcast. I would greatly appreciate it!

PS Waiting intensely for Wednesday October 29th when PBS will feature the proformance on their program Great Proformances! :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, we just had a great live webcast show with a new Williams piece and gets mostly ignored in discussion here... Gee I dunno....

This is the third thread about the piece, and last night there was a certain amount of electricity on-line here. People were chatting and posting. It was a lot of fun.

Neil

I would be also very grateful for the link when I can download it. Unfortunatelly I wasn't able to listen to it on-line because of my slow connection :)

E-Wan

e-wan@cswu.cz

Is Soundings included in the oct 29th broadcast on PBS?if it does here's our chance for a better quality recording.But it is unclear in the TV Guide.

K.M.

This is what is listed on the PBS site http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/shows/disney...disneyhall.html

GREAT PERFORMANCES showcases highlights from three consecutive evenings of gala performances comprising the grand opening of Walt Disney Concert Hall, with Music Director Esa-Pekka Salonen leading the orchestra in Stravinsky's "Le Sacre du Printemps" ("Rite of Spring"), as well as works by Haydn, Ives, and the world premieres of works by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer John Adams and Hollywood legend John Williams. With special guests Audra McDonald, Yo-Yo Ma, Josh Groban, Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, the program also includes selections from the rich tradition of symphonic music in Hollywood cinema led by Salonen and Williams.

~Mari