Was it Johnny boy?

Melange

On Classic FM the other day (the U.K one), they played "Tara's theme" from Gone with the wind. At the end it said it was conducted by John Williams. Anyone know if that is true?. I have'nt really heard about him conducting other peoples work very much. I doubt it was the Guitarist John Williams either.

Interesting. Any ideas anyone?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's definitely a Gone with the Wind selection on Cinema Serenade 2 with Itzhak Perlman. I think it's "Tara's Theme," but that's one disc I don't own, so I can't confirm. A visit to Amazon will clear it up.

Back around '84 John Williams recorded an LP, with the Boston Pops, called 'Aisle Seat - Great Film Music". Along with a gorgeous recording of his end theme for "Yes, Giorgio" and "The Flying Theme from E.T.", there were recordings of "The Trolley Song" from "Meet Me in St. Louis", Dimitri Tiomkin's heartwrenching theme from "Friendly Persuasion" and a terrific recording of Max Steiner's "Tara theme from Gone With The Wind". This is probably the recording they played, by the way if you can get copy of this on CD GRAB IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! It is one of his best recordings with the Boston Pops...

Big Ken: who will dig this LP out of the Closet tonight when he gets home :)

:angry: Freddie Freeloader, Miles Davis

I'll have to do an LP to CD transfer of this album at some point.  :mrgreen:

Neil

You need something off of the cd? I have it, if you need something. ROTFLMAO

~Harry