Michael Giacchino to score The Incredibles!

Erik Woods

Rising Sun looks like junk?

The pacific war doesn't interest you? I can't wait.

I love the Pacific War! The setting I mean not the actual death and suffering of course! :sleepy:

Seriously bur Rising Sun is getting bad reviews from most game sites and to add to that most of the gamers I've spoken to on forums and the ones I know are slamming it.

Plus the video I've seen of it looks unimpressive.

BTW you said you cannot wait? Has it not been released in Australia yet?

BTW what game systems do you own Morn?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogue Leader wrote:

Its too bad Giacchino wont be scoring any of the future MOH games. They basically gave him the boot on those games.  

Which is rather sad.

Michael left Medal of Honor because most of his friends on the team left to go work on Call of Duty, probably for the best since MOH is sorta going downhill. Call of Duty is an awesome game that should keep Michael busy, he's also said the he likes COD better because with MOH it'd just be one track that'd constantly play whereas COD he can make differen't type of music for each situation in the game so it'll change on the fly.

Actually he did want to score more MOH games. The reason he didn't is because EA Games (the people who make the MoH series) wanted him to sign some ridiculous contract whereby he could only work for their company.

How dumb! He stated that in an interview.

Anyway I agree about the MOH games going downhill. The newest one Rising Sun looks like junk. CoD is REALLY the new king. :sleepy:

He did say that at least part of the reason he left was because his friends left, I got that from a interview on IGN.

PC.

I can't wait for the PC version. :thumbup:

What are the reviewers saying is wrong with it?

Actually there isn't going to be a PC version of MOH: Rising Sun Morn!

The Medal of Honor game which is coming to PC is a completely different game called Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault.

It follows similar events but its a COMPLETELY seperate game.

Which is a good thing because the PC game looks WAY better than the console game. :baaa:

Ahh good, PC's are of course a much better platform, latest hardware and much better graphics quality with 5.1 sound, better controls. I mean, mouse, joystick, keyboard, many buttons, many ways to control procisely.

Anyway, when is Pacific Assault out? And why does it look better?

Pacific Assault is due out in January (thank you IGN)

As for why it's better, well Rising Sun isn't that good of a game to begin with so it wont be that hard to beat it. The graphics look way better than RS and so far my impression of it gives me great hope.

Well Playstation 2 graphics are down right primitive, Xbox is the only console with decent graphics and even it's weak compared to PC, heh.

I hope Pacific assault has prone and using the rifle sites to aim like COD. Those are cool features.

Don't think it'll have the prone features and rifle sights

COD is the only game that uses the rifle sights as I know of and BF:1942 is the only other one with prone

Also by the way, have any of you guys seen the preview for Star Wars: Battlegrounds (I think it's battlegrounds) It's supposed to be Star War's answer to BF: 1942 and it's coming out to the console's! You can have the Republic face the Empire and the Separists face the Clone army, sadly you can't mix up the timelines.

Also don't confuse this with the BF1942 mod Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, it's not a mod, it's a full game and the graphics are amazing

COD is the only game that uses the rifle sights as I know of and BF:1942 is the only other one with prone

Vietcong, Black Hawk Down? Vietcong is the best war FPS I have ever played, you must get it, I think COD is highly influenced by it but doesn't reach it's quality. Vietcong is great, the range of weapons you can use, the extreme need and useage of cover. It feels quite real.

Well Playstation 2 graphics are down right primitive, Xbox is the only console with decent graphics and even it's weak compared to PC, heh.

I hope Pacific assault has prone and using the rifle sites to aim like COD. Those are cool features.

Yeah I agree about PC being the best gaming format. It rocks!

Anyway as for MOH: Pacific Assault here is the general description of it:

-Follows the war from 1941 at Pearl Harbor to late 43 at Tarawa covering the battles of Guadalcanal, Makin and others in between.

-Will have both going prone and aiming down the sites like CoD has.

-Like Call of Duty you will be paired up with a squad of soldiers. Although unlike in CoD they wont be just nameless Joe's. They'll be real characters you get to know over the course of the game.

-Real life Japanese tactics will be used like Banzai charges, camoflaged uniforms, and fortified bunkers.

-Uses the Havok 2.0 Physics engine which makes it capable of having some AMAZING game effects like planes being blown out of the sky and the parts of it falling and crashing to the ground in different pieces.

-Completely new awesome game engine that makes for some kick ass graphics.

Overall the game looks VERY impressive. This looks like a worthy Pacific game. :)

Yeah I agree about PC being the best gaming format. It rocks!

Anyway as for MOH: Pacific Assault here is the general description of it:

-Follows the war from 1941 at Pearl Harbor to late 43 at Tarawa covering the battles of Guadalcanal, Makin and others in between.

-Will have both going prone and aiming down the sites like CoD has.

-Like Call of Duty you will be paired up with a squad of soldiers. Although unlike in CoD they wont be just nameless Joe's. They'll be real characters you get to know over the course of the game.

-Real life Japanese tactics will be used like Banzai charges, camoflaged uniforms, and fortified bunkers.

-Uses the Havok 2.0 Physics engine which makes it capable of having some AMAZING game effects like planes being blown out of the sky and the parts of it falling and crashing to the ground in different pieces.

-Completely new awesome game engine that makes for some kick ass graphics.

Overall the game looks VERY impressive. This looks like a worthy Pacific game. :music:

As a matter of clarification, in COD you friends are NOT nameless, they have names, rank and you fight with the same guys the whole game.

Can not wait for that game....The graphics will be well worth the money. They are so impressive. BTW just got Return of the King Score! Music is very moving!

As a matter of clarification, in COD you friends are NOT nameless, they have names, rank and you fight with the same guys the whole game.

I was speaking in general terms.

In CoD most of the soldiers are just nobodies. They have names but they are just random ones. There are a few actual "characters" in the game. However, for the most part its just a bunch of random guys.

The few characters in the game are well done though.

I've got all the MOH soundtracks now (Allied Assault was an amalgalm of all the other soundtracks save for the main theme) so I already know them, and I've already listened to the COD tracks

Now i'm waiting for Secret Weapons over Normandy

lol, have you seen the Lamecube's graphics. No wonder it's only $99 dollars. A Gameboy Advance SP costs as much as it, and nearly has better graphics. Poor Nintendo.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I'm not very familiar with Michael Giacchino's work, so I'll have to see how well of a job he does on this. But,this movie is animated, and so I don't expect it to be too demanding for his compositionary skills. I mean, after all, the target is children anyway, and so, unless this score really blows, then I don't expect too many complaints about it.

Heh...I turn the music off when I play MoH. I'd much rather listen to Saving Private Ryan and Enemy at the Gates. (The beginning of "Tractor Factory" is unbelievably perfect for MoH). But what I've heard of Giacchino's score has been refreshingly...fresh! I mean, he's obviously trying to go for the Williams-esque sound from SPR, and I think he nabs it. So, I'm thinking these games are humble beginnings to a great career for him.

I'm just curious, though...how's he handle leitmotif? (Or themes in general?) Do his themes stack up well against Williams' or are they kind of weak? If Giacchino were asked to make a score that people could leave a theater whistling, because it made the film fun, would he be able to pull it off?

http://www.michaelgiacchino.com/music/swon_siamesecoast_clip.mp3

Perfect music for the japanese if he had worked on it

It's music from his Secret Weapons Over Normandy score

Yeah I was gonna mention the Pacific tracks in SWON as being perfectly fit for a PAcific Assault score.

Like you need me to finish the thought...

Fill it in by  yourself you lazy bastard

Hey! Your the lazy one!

Whoever, heard of someone so lazy he cannot even keep his brain activated long enough to finish his own damn though!

j/k :mrgreen::P :cool:

Anyway, I hope now that Giacchino will be scoring the future CoD games, that they will make one set in the Pacific so we can FINALLY hear a Pacific flavored WW2 Giacchino score in all its glory.