Williams wrote an incomplete score or Lucas is a poodoohead?

So, what happened here? Does anyone know if Williams actually composed new music for cues during the movie that were directly ripped from TPM? or did he just write an incomplete score? I must know!

- Jacob Snyder

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that he did, but of course that's just a guess. Maybe someday we'll get to hear everything that he wrote for this movie, properly assembled. In the meantime, we can look forward to reading Mr. Takis' article on the butchering of the score.

Neil

Someone mentioned on the other board that he may not have scored the battle scenes because he knew they were going to get hacked up. I think that's the idea I agree with.

~Harry

I'll take a little of Option A and a little more of Option B

Dan - who thinks Johnny is amazing, no matter what

:music: "A Second Chance" from The Accidental Tourist

Jim Ware has recently claimed that initial sources had Williams composing 125 minutes of music for the film. (I don't recall these sources myself, but I trust Jim). My complete cue breakdown reveals around 124 minutes of original music currently in the film. This would suggest that Williams did NOT score the final battle scenes, at least not anywhere near the length they appear in the film.

If he didn't write music for that scene, then he can do so when he is rescoring parts of Episode 4. At least now it's completely edited... hopefully... ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I can't believe he wouldn't have composed music for that scene...... it's stupid!

Jim Ware has recently claimed that initial sources had Williams composing 125 minutes of music for the film. (I don't recall these sources myself, but I trust Jim). My complete cue breakdown reveals around 124 minutes of original music currently in the film. This would suggest that Williams did NOT score the final battle scenes, at least not anywhere near the length they appear in the film.

That reports came from none other than Rick McCallum, the prequels' producer.

It's my belief too. It's a very strange thing, btw. Maybe they haven't booked enough LSO sessions to record ALL the music they needed... and then Williams had to run away because he HAD to begin scoring duties on MINORITY REPORT. So he and Lucas decided to go with re-tracking cues from TPM. Other sources claim also that Lucas let to Ken Wannberg the music editing duties... remember that Wannberg is Williams' trusty collaborator since 1967, so Willliams IS probably aware on what happened. It would be nice to hear something about it directly from Ken Wannberg...

My guess now is: could Williams and Lucad go back to those scenes and complete them for the DVD?? It would be very nice! Howard Shore has composed and recorded new music for the lenghtier cut of LOTR especially for the DVD... so Williams and Lucas could do the same with Episode II. Well, this is my hope! :sleepy:

For what concern us... let's start a petition for the Ultimate Edition!

Maurizio

--

Morn, I hate to say this, but nicknames containing insults are not are not allowed here.

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if someone posted as 'MornisaMoron'.

Another example that comes to mind is 'Foreigners are Stupid'. That nickname was allowed on the FSM board, but it would be immediately deleted here.

:music:

But both nicks are funny. You are taking them too seriously :mrgreen: I mean, I'm a foreigner from that guy's perspective even!

:)  

But both nicks are funny. You are taking them too seriously :music:

Not really. But I don't think they're appropiate for a place like this (not from my perspective, but from the VISITORS' perspective).

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if someone posted as 'MornisaMoron'.

How about "Morn is a moron, without the second 'o?'"

Or would that be the first 'o?' :music: