Hilary and the LSO

MSM

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I've heard any of her recordings...can you recommend one of her cd's that would be a good pickup. I seem to listen to a lot of Itzhak Perlman and Joshua Bell (who i am going to see in March).

I dont think I've heard any of her recordings...can you recommend one of her cd's that would be a good pickup.  I seem to listen to a lot of Itzhak Perlman and Joshua Bell (who i am going to see in March).

Lately I've been having problem's with Perlman. Sometimes it sounds to like he's playing the notes, not the music.

I like him, but sometimes it's like, he's so good that he gets a bit mechanical. Even the Caprices, which are almost impossible to play, at times sound too much like he's playing a part he's been practicing for ever, not the great music.

I really enjoy the sound of his violin...you can almost always recognize his sound...he play's in his own way. Its funny how you mentioned how serious or exact Perlman plays...if you've seen much of Joshua Bell, who i also mentioned, he plays with a lot of emotion. He moves a lot for a player. He really gets conected with the music. I really enjoy listening to the Gershwin Fantasy cd he did. And guess who conducted the LSO on that album?!

Perlman is overrated I don't like most of his classical recordings I've heard, although he works wonders with Williams.

And Hilary is overrated, as a babe that is, her noise is ugly:D But she is a great violinist.

I'm not so sure, but I think she recorded Bernstein's Serenade for Solo Violin Strings, Harp and Percussion.

MSM should confirm that. She's pretty good   :)

Yeah she did, and quite nicely. However the work isn't that interesting.

Perlman is overrated I don't like most of his classical recordings I've heard, although he works wonders with Williams.

And Hilary is overrated, as a babe that is, her noise is ugly:D But she is a great violinist.

She is a babe. No discussion.

I dont think I've heard any of her recordings...can you recommend one of her cd's that would be a good pickup.  I seem to listen to a lot of Itzhak Perlman and Joshua Bell (who i am going to see in March).

You don't have any of her recordings!? Shame on you man! :)

Of course I have her entire discography. I like Hilary plays Bach most I think, along with her Brahms concerto (the ultimate recording!) and the Barber and Beethoven concertos. Her latest cd with Bach concertos and the Brahms cd have the nicest pics... ;)

Hhhhmmmm, i already have an the Brahms Violin concerto w/ Itzhak Perlman and the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, but I think I'll look into the Bach Concertos one...thanks for the advice...and i agree, she has a weird nose! I think the best looking female girl in the world of classical is Renee Fleeming!

I'm not so sure, but I think she recorded Bernstein's Serenade for Solo Violin Strings, Harp and Percussion.

MSM should confirm that. She's pretty good   ;)

Yeah she did, and quite nicely. However the work isn't that interesting.

Blasphemy! :)

That work is magnificent. Geez!

But, again, I might understand you like Nick Glennie-Smith, so there. Can't make people like good stuff always.

Hhhhmmmm, i already have an the Brahms Violin concerto w/ Itzhak Perlman and the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, but I think I'll look into the Bach Concertos one...thanks for the advice...and i agree, she has a weird nose!  I think the best looking female girl in the world of classical is Renee Fleeming!

I'd do Charlotte Church too. She's busomy. :sigh:

But she is 8O

5.jpg

Out of that mouth a sweet soprano voice comes out... and other kind of moaning

;):wave::)

;) Williams America, the Dream Goes On

James Ingram, vocals

The Boston Pops Orchestra

John Williams

Morn   Hector J.Guzman   Donnelly24   Morlock  Morn (again)   Indysolo

|                   |                     |                |              |                   |

/                  /                   /               /            /                  /  

:)         :fouetaa:       :fouetaa:     :fouetaa:   :fouetaa:      :fouetaa:

Why exactly am I being whipped? I agree with you. I don't go for minors.

Neil

Hillary Hahn? Hmmmmm never heard of her.

She's one of the worlds leading violinists of today. See the links in my tagline.

Hillary Hahn? Hmmmmm never heard of her.

She's one of the worlds leading violinists of today. See the links in my tagline.

Damn! Quite a career for one so young. Very impressive and surprisingly extensive.

She keeps that up she could become another well known artist like Yo-Yo Ma or Yitzak Perlman.

She's 23. And she's already as well known as Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman. Actually Yo-Yo Ma introduced her to Sony. She recorded five albums for Sony and has now a contract with Deutsche Grammophon.

I wouldn't go as far to say that she is as well known as Yo-Yo Ma, but possibly Itzhak....it seems like EVERYONE knows who Yo-Yo Ma is, even if they know nothing about his music OR classical music. I'd say he is on top of the classical world right now.