JP IV??

ST-321

From the Sci Fi's Channel's Webiste:

Spielberg Mulls Jurassic IV

Steven Spielberg told Starlog magazine that he's eager to produce a fourth Jurassic Park movie, though he told SCI FI Wire this week that he's unwilling to do any more sequel films. "You're talking to the guy who has got to decide, and at this point I've pretty much decided to do a Jurassic IV," Spielberg told the magazine.

Spielberg added that he won't direct the fourth film in the popular dinosaur franchise. "I would hope that I could get Joe Johnston [who helmed Jurassic Park III] to direct this one, too, but it's up to him. I'll certainly offer it to Joe before I offer it to anyone else. We actually have a wonderful story that I think is the best story since the very first movie. In fact, I wish it were the third story instead of the fourth one. It came late, but it is actually the best story I've heard for a dinosaur movie since the Michael Crichton book. And I'm not going to tell you anything about it. My lips are sealed."

----------------------------------

What do you think?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for posting that. Although I was a little disspointed with the JPIII, I can't wait to see the fourth movie.

-Jason

I wish it were the third story instead of the fourth one.

Hell, if it's that good, I wish it was the second one.

Neil - who only likes the first film

The second film doesn't do much for me. Sure, I like it, but it's not the first one. The third one, I could do without. I hope a fourth one is made, Spielberg directs, which he won't, Williams scores, a really awesome story is thought up, and the series can finally be put to rest, ending on a very high note.

~Harry

Jurassic Park III was not a good film at all. It had its moments.

I liked the Lost World, but it is a movie with too many holes. Holes that could have easily been filled. But what a great score, and the humerous touch at the end, the send up of old Japanese Godzilla movies was a gem.

Not really, I think the series is now extinct.

:twisted:

Joe

The only thing I didn't like about the second movie was that it was totally differnt than the book. But that doesn't bother me at all though. I'm one of the few who like the second movie, but I do agree that it isn't the best made film.

-Jason

I love Jurassic Park, and I like the The Lost World quite a bit. I never understood it when people said they didn't like The Lost World because the end with the T-rex in California was not realistic. Yeah, like the dinosaurs running around the island in the first movie were true to life. :roll: Jurassic Park 3 pretty much sucked plot-wise. It's enjoyable if you just want to vege out and not think for an hour and a half, but there's not much depth to it (and Davis' overuse of the theme(s)??? :mrgreen: ). I look forward to a fourth one if Spielberg supports it that much, but I wish he would direct it and have Williams score it.

Ray Barnsbury

The Lost World because the end with the T-rex in California was not realistic.

Wha???? The movie showed how it could happen. Those are the kind of people who would say a movie about the world trade centre being destoryed was not realistic.

The Lost World because the end with the T-rex in California was not realistic.

Wha???? The movie showed how it could happen. Those are the kind of people who would say a movie about the world trade centre being destoryed was not realistic.

Yeah I know, that's what I think. I don't see how something has to be realistic to be enjoyable, wouldn't that eliminate the majority of movies?

Ray Barnsbury