One Thread to Rule Them All

Lurker

So just avoid the threads with LOTR on their topic, mate. I don't see what the big deal is. Those threads typically I'm like wtf are these people talking about, I just glide through it. It's like vacation time. :) I mean you know how LOTR fanboy Marian is, arguing over all the minor details. :( Morn -  Who likes a free forum

People will avoid them if they're not interested in them. But as there is high chance that there would of been multiple topics such as "Your favourite moment" and another one of "Your favourite cue", then having all the discussion in one big thread will make sure that other non LOTR related topics can remain on the board without being bumped down the list by constant replies to the LOTR ones. I also dont see why Neil's request is a problem. :baaa:

Anyway. What is done is done. :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's rather restrictive you know, compressing all those topics into a single thread will have a big impact on discussion.

Well it's rather restrictive you know, compressing all those topics into a single thread will have a big impact on discussion.

Hehehe. Ok. Well, i dont know what to say from here on, Morn. If people feel really annoyed about it, then they'll have to contact Neil.

Hehehe. Ok. Well, i dont know what to say from here on, Morn. If people feel really annoyed about it, then they'll have to contact Neil.

As you made the point yourself Melange, this prohibits any kind of organization of the topic. Instead, we end up with one bloated thread, folks having to interrupt one discussion to comment on what someone said on page two etc.

Eventually the conversation lulls or degenerates into clever entendres regarding the body parts of bats or some other such nonsense.

Anyway. What is done is done.  :baaa:

Ahh- the fatalist among us. And so an unforeseen event (the restriction of Other Topics) is met with blind resignation. The real question, Melange- is what are you going to say when the moderator bans

you? censored

nja- mustering his most over-dramatic tone of voice

As you made the point yourself Melange, this prohibits any kind of organization of the topic. Instead, we end up with one bloated thread, folks having to interrupt one discussion to comment on what someone said on page two etc.

The restrictive space of the one thread will perhaps mean less junk, and more carefully considered posts on the subject :baaa:

Eventually the conversation lulls or degenerates into clever entendres regarding the body parts of bats or some other such nonsense.

As above, due to the restrictive space of only one thread. That may not occur.

Ahh- the fatalist among us.

Not fatalist. Just hoping more folks would respect Neil's decision and see it from his side. As i said above. If someone has a problem with it, then by all means voice complaints. But in the meantime, that's the way it is until Neil decides otherwise. I've looked at the reasoning behind it and find it understandable. So, no negative fatalism going on here in my defence of Neil's decision. I just happen to agree that it was a good idea. That's all.

And so an unforeseen event (the restriction of Other Topics) is met with blind resignation.

"Or" acceptance,perhaps. Resignation is negative. Acceptance is positive.

The real question, Melange- is what are you going to say when the moderator bans you?  censored

Well. Neil has locked threads, or deleted some of my posts before when i've gone into politics or said something that could "possibly" offend someone. Sometimes i was pushing my luck a little bit and knew it was a risky comment, When i looked at the reasons for his reponses, he had always done those things for good reason. I accepted his action. If i'm banned for any reason (i cant see why i would be...but you never know), and it was for a clear reason......... then why not?. That's why he's there. Somebody has to organize you lot..hehehe

Wonder if Indy'll do it again whenever John puts out his next score, the barrage of topics on it will be ginormous.

Yeah, I'll be sure to cap all the topics about John Williams here. :roll:

Neil

Wonder if Indy'll do it again whenever John puts out his next score, the barrage of topics on it will be ginormous.

thats kind of ignorant,

when Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban comes out we can have multiple threads, because it is a John Williams film and score.

Afterall he is the reason for this board.

It would almost be enough to make one worry . . .

if we didn't have posts like yours to demonstrate what maturity is all about.  :roll:

Neil has shown retraint well beyond most as always.

personally, had it been at my sports board, I would have started banning, beginning with you.

Joe. :):wave:

It would almost be enough to make one worry . . .

if we didn't have posts like yours to demonstrate what maturity is all about.  :roll:

Neil has shown retraint well beyond most as always.

personally, had it been at my sports board, I would have started banning, beginning with you.

Joe. :):wave:

And the love flows on . . . :wave:

[

Neil - who remembers last year when KM ressurected a pile of LOTR's threads.

Ah yes,that created quite a moment of confusion and general mayhem.You don't know how much fun it was to watch from the distance as people were plowing their way through that stuff.

again,if people had used more restraint about starting new LotR threads(like Nja or Stefancos:Five seconds of new RotK music in TV commercial,amazing!!!,or Never before heard alternate version of Rohan theme in DVD extra!!!,or Only 3 weeks to RotK score,can't sleep!!!!,..ect...),then i'm sure Neil would still allow LotR threads in the General Discussion area).

Personally,that's my view of it,reasonable amount of threads about LotR score or movie,but not a friggen new thread every time a new c.d. track is leaked on the internet or track titles are revealed.

K.M.

I've merged the "I'm Confused/LOTR/Poll" thread from the "Other Topics" forum with this one.  Subsequently that other thread has been closed.

Neil

I had started a serious conversation on the main board in an ROTK film thread, and now that thread is gone, subsequently that conversation has ceased. I really resent this.

Yeah, I'll be sure to cap all the topics about John Williams here. :roll:

Neil

I was being sarcastic

I had started a serious conversation on the main board in an ROTK film thread, and now that thread is gone, subsequently that conversation has ceased. I really resent this.

That thread has now been merged into the main thread.

Neil

At first I just thought that combining all threads into one for LOTR would be good just 'cos I wouldn't have look through fifty thousand other threads before I found what I wanted. Now, I think it was worth it for the amusement value of watching everyone else scrapping over it!!

Doesn't anyone else think it's incredibly sad to talk about a thread, in the thread, and nothing else? Why not talk about, say, the absolutely mindblowing film that has just been released - its score (which IS better in the film), and every fantastic little or large scene - the spectacle that has surpassed anything similar that has come before it, and will remain on the throne for long to come.

Yes, that's my Miranda cat :)

I've switched to the Mari image Neil found, and if Smaug (Jennie) wants to use Miranda as her avatar, it's okay with me. I have to admit that I did do a double-take myself when I saw it yesterday. LOL

Kathy