Favorite Jungle Scores

Hector J. Guzman

Name your favorite scores that have, in your opinion of course, the best jungle sounds, I mean music.

This is what ocurred to me:

Williams The Lost World

Goldsmith Congo

Williams Jurassic Park

Williams Raiders of the Lost Ark

Horner Mighty Joe Young

Zimmer The Lion King

Williams Amistad

As you may notice, most of my selections are pretty known works, and modern, the oldest thing there is the Indiana Jones movie. What am I missing? Others ould benefit as well ;)

NP. Bach Goldberg Variations

Glenn Gould, piano

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predator (Silvestri) is not mentioned (obtained it recently).

Medicine Man (Goldsmith) not mentioned (even though i dont have it).

If the "African" sound is allowed, then my favourite Tribal and african sound CD certainly is :

Zimmers "Power of One". An utterly fantastic expression of Africa's darkest depths.

Full of raw ground shaking african drum rumbles, deep african choral, and emotional themes.

Melange - Who's next trip may be into darkest africa. Into the heart of Darkness :)

Melange - Is the man "Who will be king" and tame the unruly tribes with soft music ;)

Also:

Broughton Rescuers Down Under

Horner Bopha!

Goldsmith Ghost and the Darkness

Vangelis L'Apocalypse Des Animaux

D Newman Operation Dumbo Drop

J Newton Howard The Postman (opening only)

I kinda like Gorillas in the Mist,by Maurice Jarre.I know I know it's all crappy synths,but it's a guilty pleasure.

And Greystoke,The Legend of Tarzan,by John Scott.At least the few tracks I have on a compilation disk.

And also John Barry's King Kong.

K.m.

I second Mark Mancina's Tarzan (some great jungle sounds and rhythms there). And I would also add Max Steiner's King Kong.

CYPHER

• 4 weeks later...

I will have to go with Predator by Silvestri, just because the movie itself is so damn cool!!! I love that movie "I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED!!!!!!!"

I've just had the chance to listen to John Williams' score for The Lost World and I've gotta say that there are some damn fine jungle beats on display here! This score is so evocative and the soundscape he's created is quite amazing :mrgreen:.

CYPHER

Hmm, well I'd have to agree with all of those, and so there's no reason for me to reiterate those.

But if tribal sound is allowed, then I wanna add "Captured" from the Hulk Score.

I've just had the chance to listen to John Williams' score for The Lost World and I've gotta say that there are some damn fine jungle beats on display here! This score is so evocative and the soundscape he's created is quite amazing :).

CYPHER

I think he's better jungle music is on the Jurassic Park score. In The Lost World it sounds more like salsa. LOL

Well I've never heard the Jurassic Park score in isolation so I can't really compare the two. But if The Lost World is salsa, then I like it! :) Now all I need is some corn chips to go with it ... ;)

CYPHER - busting out the Dorritos in celebration of his 500th post.