Close Encounters....of the Neil Kind

Lurker

If anyone is interested, Close Encounters of the Third Kind will be playing in New York on Monday, December 29. You can read about it here. Also playing that day (at the same theater) is The Fury. I'm definitely going to be at the Close Encounters screening, but maybe not at The Fury (my friend doesn't care for that movie much, but I'm trying to convince him). If you have the opportunity to see either of these films on the big screen, I would certainly go. This will be my second time to see Close Encounters theatrically and I can't wait!

Neil

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I owned something like my own theater screen and prints of all the films that are cool to see in a theater, then be able to see them whenever I want. I feel like I get into movies more when I see them in a theater.

Well, there's a movie theater about 2 hours away from my house that does one of the smartest things I've heard of in a while: it's like a petition- You can leave a suggestion for any movie that you'd like to see theatricaly, and, if there are at least 500 people who guarentee to buy a ticket (for a price of $15- but it's worth it), they will go ahead and order it, to be shown on a screen about 3/4 the size of the Ziegfeld screen!

I've already seen The Godfather, 2001 and Raiders there, and left a petition for people to sign up for Lawrence of Arabia. Plus I signed up to 3 or 4 more. A great system (providing they can find the movie, that is).

Neil take care! It could be the 'Special Edition'

Sorry didn't you hear? The Close Encounters SE is good. 8O

Justin -Who'd love to go but will just have to settle for CEOTK on DVD. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I saw it on DVD!

At least, I think I did or was it on cable tv.

Actually it was.

Well anyway I saw it in a pan and scan in mono.

:wave:

Thanks for dragging this thread up. It's a sad reminder to me that I didn't get to go to New York that day. My friend wasn't feeling well, so we just had dinner that night in Princeton instead.

But tomorrow night I'm going into Pennsylvania to see Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Neil