Movies in 2004

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a sleeper hit, huge on DVD.

Morlock- who's a bit concerened that DVD sales are matching and topping ticket sales.

It wasn't huge on DVD.

It was a significant success on DVD but by no means huge. At least not by the sales numbers I've seen.

As for DVD sales matching ticket sales, considering the crap which is out there and the few good movies among them I am not the least bit surprised.

The new remake of the Producers which will basically be the musical with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick

I've seen both and I do look forward to this one

The new remake of the Producers which will basically be the musical with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick

I've seen both and I do look forward to this one

They are making that into a movie? Undoubtedly the aftermath of that horribly overrated and vapid Chicago film.

BEST PICTURE MY ASS!

What's the producer all about.

HPFAN_2- Is now interested in the plot now that his fav actress has joined the cast.

What's the producer all about.

The producers is possibly one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Its about Max Bialystock (help with spelling QMM) who is a producers who's last few shows have been a flop. His accountant comes in to total up expenses, and figures out that a man can make more money on a flop than he can in a success. max hits off on this right away and they get the worst play they can find, entitled "springtime for hitler" and picks the worst actors possible. Amusing songs with words like "dont be stupid be a smarty, come and join the nazi party"

Lots more to it, but not enough room to fit it. See it is my advice

But JP4 isn't coming out in 2004.

What do you mean?

I think 2004 looks infinatley more interesting than 2003. 2005 has Indy EPIII and a couple of other big sequels, but I don't know of mutch else. (I don't remember- is HP4 supposed to come out then?)

Indiana Jones part 4?  

No movie will touch it that year.

I suspect that Goblet of Fire will leave Indy 4 in the wake of its Firebolt.

BTW- I've just seen the trailor for The Reckoning, and it looks good to me. I like Bettany, I like Defoe (if he's in the right role, as he seems to be here) and I love Brian Cox (I can't wait for his Agamemnon in Troy).

Good music used in the trailor, score's by Mark Mancina, who has done a couple of good things before. It's coming out in early march I believe.

Indy 4, that has to be the biggest film event in like 16 years. :D

Well I am fairly certain TPM was a much bigger film event but that movie ...... well ...... ya know how it turned out. :P

Yes. Passion will make more money than Potter. You'll see.

LOL :P LOL :D

no, you'll see.

I'll be very surprised if the new Potter doesn't blow CoS out of the water.

And I don't think The Passion will be a box office hit. No religious movie has ever been a significant hit, and this is not a movie any crowd will ruch to see several times.

I think Potter will blow Cos out of the water. I personally think that the hP audience has grown because of OOTP. There most be a bunch of new fans waiting for this movie.

And I don't think The Passion will be a box office hit. No religious movie has ever been a significant hit, and this is not a movie any crowd will ruch to see several times.

Really? I know atheists who say it's a brilliant masterpiece of a film, that the dramatic content is strong.

Time will tell- but a movie with not a huge ad campaign, and being released by an individual doesn't have much potential to be a box office it. And true it has had as much buzz about it as any movie, but so did Pearl Harbor.

I don't think it will. The target audience for Prisoner of Azkaban is much broader than The Passion. PoA appeals to children, teenagers and adults alike. Passion probably makes the latter two, if not only adults. I know I'll be seeing Passion and I'm 15.

Potter has less appeal to adults than Passion, passion is something that will interest many many more adults.

Potter will appeal to parents of children who read the books. Let's not forget that Harry Potter is extremely popular. If the first movie grossed the second-highest amount of money ever, this one will certainly make more. It's a lot of people's favourite in the series, mine included.

Then again, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time. And I don't see a reason for Muslims or Atheists to go out of their way to see this film.

And I don't see a reason for Muslims or Atheists to go out of their way to see this film.

Eh, well atheists at least say it's a brilliant film about a myth! Heh.

I don't think it will. The target audience for Prisoner of Azkaban is much broader than The Passion. PoA appeals to children, teenagers and adults alike. Passion probably makes the latter two, if not only adults. I know I'll be seeing Passion and I'm 15.

Wrong boyo, Passion has more appeal for everyone, of course not much children will be going to this one. Besides, children have the better source material of the Potter films: the books. Stick ny them. Of course, I'm very interested in watching what Cuaron does with this one, as he's made one of my favorite movies, A Little Princess.

The Passion will have a narrow target audience. It is an ultra violent look at the crucifixion, and while I am not sure, I don't believe it has a studio to back its wide release.

The Passion will have a narrow target audience. It is an ultra violent look at the crucifixion, and while I am not sure, I don't believe it has a studio to back its wide release.

That will make it have interest to both christians and non-religious though. I mean, it can serve as a horror/drama movie.

Of course, I never said it was going to be number one on opening weekend, I just said it's going to make more money than Potter

There's no way it'll make more money than Potter. The Passion, no matter how great it might be, is still a heavy rellgious film that preaches to it's audience, and no one, especialy the majority of people who don't believe in it, will want to see a moive that preaches to them what they deem to be wrong.

I don't think the movie has potential to be a money maker, and remember- Last Temptation of Christ had as much buzz about it before, both positive and negative, and barely covered it's $7 million budget. The was buzz about the movie for much longer than Gibson's, which only really took form in public last year, when Time printed a story about the movie.

I read the funniest review of it a couple of days ago, where the reviewer basicaly took it as a book adaptation, and said that the movie was a pretty much word for word version of the book. It was hillarious how he took the whole fomr of those kind of reviews and applied it to the New Testament.

Well, as for it was a real event, but I think Morlock is very wrong, there are lots of other movies that have nothing to do with religion that get more preachier that what this will be.