Movies in 2004

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think the Passion will be the truth?

No what I mean is it stays closer to the actual original telling of the story of Jesus. LToC was more of a director's own "side story" of Christ. It dealt with Jesus dealing with the temptation his human body brought with it. People didn;t like the filmaker straying from the traditional story. This is simply a retelling of the traditional Biblical tale. So its more in line with the "Christian truth" lets say. ;)

How about that movie with Tom Hanks by the Coen brothers. It looks to be Hanks' best role ever. Hell, his performance in the preview is his best work ever. I don't even need to see the movie, it was that entertaining.

The Coen brothers are always good. I recently saw The Big Lebowski and O Brother, Where Art Thou? for the first time, and both were great. TBL is one of the most quotable films ever.

"Doesn't anybody have any respect for the $%^&ing rules anymore?!?" :P

- Marc

not good for the boxoffice results.

Well if your referring to that not being good for the Passion movie, then I'd have to disagree. With the amount of unnecessary controversy surrounding this movie, and the amount of free publicity it's recieved, then it's guaranteed to hit 100 million within a few weeks.

How about that movie with Tom Hanks by the Coen brothers. It looks to be Hanks' best role ever. Hell, his performance in the preview is his best work ever. I don't even need to see the movie, it was that entertaining.
Tom Hanks is still to be in a bad movie since Forrest Gump... I do not include pre Gump movies, coz I've never seen them, apart from Big

I don't think he'll ever beat Forrest Gump, he was absolutely amazing in it. One of the best performances in movie history.

The Coen brothers are always good. I recently saw The Big Lebowski and O Brother, Where Art Thou? for the first time, and both were great. TBL is one of the most quotable films ever.

Yup- I've seen all of there movie except for Barton Fink, which supposedly one of there best.

I think they're the only established filmmakers who's never made a bad film.

TBL is one of the funniest movies ever, and is the movie I've quoted more than any other. Fargo is brilliant, and Miller's Crossing is just.... just.... well, it just scrumtrilescant!

And as I said, all their films get at least 3 stars. And I even like Hudsucker Proxy, I like it alot. 3 1/2 stars in my book.

not good for the boxoffice results.

I'd prefer a good movie.

Justin

are you even old enough to see it by yourself, refering to the Passion. :devil:

First, it will have to beat Air Force One. Small steps to something big.

I'm pretty certain that both Matrix sequels beat Air Force One.

Neil

The box office grosses for Air Force One and The Matrix films:

The Matrix Reloaded $281,519,061

Air Force One $172,956,409

The Matrix $171,414,892

The Matrix Revolutions $138,937,971

First, it will have to beat Air Force One. Small steps to something big.

I'm pretty certain that both Matrix sequels beat Air Force One.

Neil

The box office grosses for Air Force One and The Matrix films:

The Matrix Reloaded $281,519,061

Air Force One $172,956,409

The Matrix $171,414,892

The Matrix Revolutions $138,937,971

I didn't realize Revolutions did so poorly.

Neil - who can't believe he's referring to $138 million as "poor"

You know Neil I am actually shocked by that too!

I mean WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?? That movie clearly got a poor reception. Not that I cannot understand why. It was a VERY weak movie.

I am surprised it was such a let down it made LESS MONEY than the first movie. Especially after the 2nd nearly hit 300 million.

You know Neil I am actually shocked by that too!  

I mean WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?? That movie clearly got a poor reception. Not that I cannot understand why. It was a VERY weak movie.  

I am surprised it was such a let down it made LESS MONEY than the first movie. Especially after the 2nd nearly hit 300 million.

I guess people really didn't like the second film. I know I didn't see the third one after the extreme dissppointment I experienced with the second one. Of course I wasn't expecting much. Is a good movie too much to ask?

Neil

Is a good movie too much to ask?  

these days it often is.

My sentiments exactly.

I didn't loathe the 2nd Matrix movie like some did. I found it "decent" it clearly lacked behind the third movie but was definately not as bas as the 3rd movie IMO.

Does anybody know anything about Mask 2? It looks pretty bad from the pre-ROTK teaser.

Also, I must say Sky Captain does not seem promising either. Jude Law might be good, Paltrow might be tolerable, but Jolie could sink it like Tomb Raider 2.

Mask 2 does not have Jim Carrey in it in his place is Jamie Kennedy

The movie, directed by Larry Guterman, carries on with the premise of a character-altering mask that was established in the 1994 hit starring Jim Carrey. This time around, it follows an aspiring cartoonist (Jamie Kennedy) who is not ready for fatherhood but finds himself raising a baby endowed with the powers of the mask of Loki, the god of mischief. Loki is played by Alan Cumming.

A pic of Cumming as Loki:

mask1.jpg

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, it was quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface, and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 degrees C. The Russians used a pencil.

Actually they developed it as an independant commercial product for profit too not just for space. :D

I just watched the trailer for The Ladykillers. It does look good. I think I'll go check that out in the cinema as well. Typical Coen humor.

"Why, I don't think I heard anything at all."

"We all need waffles forthwith."

:)

- Marc