• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Damien F said:

David Arnold dressed as Godzilla!!

Screenshot_2019-10-18-19-54-38.png

I have two reactions:

1) WRONG GODZILLA!

2) David Arnold confirmed as composer for Godzilla Vs Kong, this picture is irrefutable proof.

I enjoyed Lewis 'Sebulba' MacLeod's turns as Boris Johnson and Donald Trump and would certainly like to see David Arnold's programme suggestion of Hans Zimmer v Rachel Portman come to fruition!

DSC03455.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I finally had a chance to watch this and it was... OK.  Nice cast at least

The small amount of score was very Giacchino-y (mostly percussion based action music ala Jurassic World), and they even tracked in Roar! from Cloverfield at one point

• 2 months later...

Giacchino has composed the themes and nami melumad the score for the upcoming VR medal of honor videogame. Yay! It seems a release is coming too

I thinl it comes from a interview made in spanish, if you search "giacchino melumad medal of honor" its the only link i found.

I have no idea who Nami Melumad is, but Giacchino's themes are pretty much essential to that 'era' of Medal of Honor. I suspect they'll reuse some of his past music from the older games as well. I hope he gets to do more in the future (though going the VR route's... risky for a franchise revival)

46 minutes ago, Giftheck said:

I have no idea who Nami Melumad is

She recently scored An American Pickle, which had a theme by Giacchino.

Apparently he took her as his apprentice, much like Zimmer and the composers at RC.

https://moviemusicuk.us/2020/08/11/an-american-pickle-michael-giacchino-and-nami-melumad/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently Giacchino is a pop song producer now?

1000x1000bb.webp

1 Christmas Number One (feat. Itchy Teeth) 3:46
2 Christmas Number One (feat. John Robert Wood Yule Sextet) 3:37

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/presents-christmas-number-one-single/1539203997

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a challenge for you Giacchino enthusiasts: create a playlist of 10 tracks that will make me appreciate his music more. It's not like I hate his music, it's just that much of what I've checked out isn't that interesting to me. Of course, there's a lot that I haven't checked out yet, otherwise I wouldn't have posed this challenge.

I think Rogue One is one of the worst scores he ever wrote.  Every time I tried it, it did nothing for me, and I continue to be surprised so many people here speak highly of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thor is coming.....man the barricades!

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Here's a challenge for you Giacchino enthusiasts: create a playlist of 10 tracks that will make me appreciate his music more. ...

" Pay me first!"Screenshot_2020-07-06-21-06-31~2.png

12 hours ago, Jay said:

I think Rogue One is one of the worst scores he ever wrote.  Every time I tried it, it did nothing for me, and I continue to be surprised so many people here speak highly of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Holy f*cking shit XD

Worse than "bad times at El royale", for example?

IMO Rogue one has has some worthy highlights.

I want the complete score :(

I'm willing to give the score another chance if a complete version ever becomes available, but it's certainly at the bottom of my favorites of his big sci fi / blockbuster sound.  I also don't listen to Dr Strange or his Apes score that much

Rogue One has its moments, but same issue as Solo, the movie is particularly overscored. Sometimes too mich too loud music where less would have been more. And I don't like that the main theme (Hope) has such a James Bond vibe in it. That does not fit in Star Wars. 

Man, Rogue One is probably one of my favorite Gia scores from the past decade - I like it better than his Star Trek sequels, Marvel, and Jurassic scores, at least.   I'd probably only rank the third Apes and Super 8 above it - maybe also Inside Out, depending on the day.

(how much of this is Star Wars bias?  I honestly don't know, but it'd be dishonest not to answer "some")

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 2:09 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

Here's a challenge for you Giacchino enthusiasts: create a playlist of 10 tracks that will make me appreciate his music more. It's not like I hate his music, it's just that much of what I've checked out isn't that interesting to me. Of course, there's a lot that I haven't checked out yet, otherwise I wouldn't have posed this challenge.

Well it's been almost 3 weeks.  Did you listen to any of our suggestions?

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 2:09 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

On 1/28/2021 at 4:28 PM, Jay said:

Honestly he did so much great work on LOST, the 10 tracks I'd recommend are literally all from there

1. Hollywood and Vines from LOST Season 1
  2. Locke'd Out Again from LOST Season 1
  3. Parting Words from LOST Season 1
  4. The Constant from LOST Season 4
  5. There's No Place Like Home from LOST Season 4
  6. The Tangled Web from LOST Season 5
  7. Down The Hobbit Hole from LOST Season 6
  8. The Hole Shabang from LOST Season 6
  9. Aloha from LOST Season 6
  10. Moving On from LOST Season 6

After that if you want a more varied sampler from everything else, try these 10

1. Taking Out The Railgun from Medal of Honor
  2. The Incredits from The Incredibles
  3. End Creditouilles from Ratatouille
  4. Enterprising Young Men from Star Trek
  5. Married Life from Up
  6. Letting Go from Super 8
  7. London Calling from Star Trek Into Darkness
  8. Mood India from Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
  9. What An Eiffel! from Tomorrowland
  10. Yorktown Theme from Star Trek Beyond

On 2/16/2021 at 9:35 AM, Jay said:

Well it's been almost 3 weeks.  Did you listen to any of our suggestions?

On 2/16/2021 at 9:37 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

I forgot, but thanks for reminding me. I will.

I'm never believing anything you say ever again

I didn't know there was a deadline for giving feedback.

As expected, the impression was mixed. A significant part of it I'd already checked out years ago, but it was nice to check it out again, and there were some good stuff I hadn't heard before. I intended to write a longer post commenting each one, but I haven't had time to do so. Perhaps I'll get it done if I comment one by one.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jay said:

This is interesting:

Any idea what is wrong about his IMDB listing?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0315974

IMDB once listed me as deceased.

Sorry to disappoint.