The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

This is a very good score! I love how Giacchino gave a kind of 60's sound on steroids. I was expecting something along the lines of Alias (orchestra and synth over a contemporary rhythmic track) and instead he produced a completely acoustic and retro-feel score. This is like The Incredibles without the Barry homages.

Go Go Giacchino! :huh:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The track that starts around 3:15 mins in...is one of the most subtly beautiful pieces of music I've heard in the longest of time. It says so much with so little....

I've removed some of the comments on the Speed Racer broadcast.

Let's be a little more discrete, so we may still enjoy more of these exclusive streams in the future.

Better safe than sorry, I know, as we do want those kind of previews in future.

But to think that anybody who might influence current or future prospects of hearing online material is searching for or reading this backwater of the internet is mildly absurd.

If anybody managed to take a recording of that stream before it was taken down, (and is willing to upload it) would they be able to PM me?

Apparently Target will have an exclusive deluxe edition of Cloverfield that comes with a music cd with songs from the film - no word on if Roar! is included on the disc.

It won't. It's a copy of Rob's Party Mix.

You might be surprised to find out who drops in here occasionally.

As you say, better safe than sorry.

I've been saying that for years.

Mmm, the same day as my father's birthday. Looks like both of us will be getting presents.

Personally I can't get enough of this Speed Racer score at the moment. I've always found Giacchino's action music fantastic to cycle about to - it's adrenaline-pumping, morale-boosting and bold, but never at the expense of rhythm or detail - and Speed Racer is clearly no exception! Tracks 31 and 41 are currently my favourites. I never would have guessed he'd create such a rich score of so many almost-contradictory elements. There's 60s pizzazz, precise and powerful percussion, full choir, captivating vocal solo moments, tasteful guitars (especially some funky basslines!), trademark string-work, relentless brass - it's all there. You can hear elements of James Bond, the odd grand Zimmer flavour but everything retains his own style. The middle of track 41 just showcases the kind of Bond score Giacchino would create - I can't wait to hear if he'll ever get the chance.

Awesome.

So...

April 29 vs. May 20

I vote April 29.

Burn the witch!!!!!

I'll be obtaining Cloverfield by some other (hopefully legal) means. I'm not installing iTunes just for one track... I don't care how good it is.

I've bought music from PlayDigital and 7Digital before, so there's hope.

Yeah I hope this won't stay exclusive to iTunes...

By the way, can anyone recommend a spyware-free and free programme to transfer from FLV to WAV?

Roar! to be relased this Tuesday on iTunes!!

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=1171

I'll buy this. If iTunes lets me. I'm not at all sure about that, though.

By the way, can anyone recommend a spyware-free and free programme to transfer from FLV to WAV?

mplayer/mencoder

Is Lost S3 really coming out this Tuesday already? I know SAE lists the 29th, but Varese have had this up for quite a while by now:

This release will be available to ship on or after 5/6/08.

Either way... as soon as it's out, I'm getting a whole bunch of Lost goodness - I've ordered all three soundtracks in a package. :lol:

And now on to this week's new episode...

*Ozzel climbs out from under his KOTCS-free rock*

Just had to share the news: ROAR! has arrived!

...and it rocks, even more so now. The unheard stuff really adds to it. It's a much more well-balanced listen.

Just... AWESOME! :folder:

*Ozzel crawls back under his KOTCS-free rock*

EDIT: *Ozzel then sees that there was another, albeit differently titled, thread... The view from under this rock ain't all that good. Oh well. :) *

Speed Racer has to be a losing proposition for Giacchino, he has to incorporate the old with his new, not sure he's up to the task.

Pity I'm unable to actually purchase Roar! I wouldn't have minded spending the two bucks on it.

My copy of Lost: Season 3 shipped today though. Yay!

Pity I'm unable to actually purchase Roar! I wouldn't have minded spending the two bucks on it.

Where'd you order it from?

the site that streamed the speedr racer score has now only three tracks.

Track 1 (end credits)

Casa Cristo (this was arround the half of the streaming)

Thunderhead (this was for the final sequences in the streaming)

Here's what wiki says about the availability of itunes... I'm living in Korea, so no way for me to buy it.

And if the info is still current, onlyone country in Asia has the itune store.

There must be legal reseaons behind it, but on the face of it, it's ridiculous that I can get CD's shipped here, but I can't get MP3 files, legally anyway.

Availability

To buy files through the store, a user must pay with an iTunes gift card or a credit card with a billing address in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States.

Where'd you order it from?

Colosseum.de, Varèse's European counterpart.