The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

Erik, is it possible that you own the 'Turning Point' tracks that are available on the Collectors edition of the Xbox version of the game?

If so, could it be possible to share?

Or if you have the coplete score, share only those that are on the collectors edition?

I'm craving for this score :mrgreen:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you order it from there? Isn't it cheaper when you let it come over from the US?

Hm, force of habit.

The Club releases tend to end up cheaper at Colosseum. I forgot this wasn't a Club release.

Oh well.

Erik, is it possible that you own the 'Turning Point' tracks that are available on the Collectors edition of the Xbox version of the game?

Or if you have the coplete score, share only those that are on the collectors edition?

I'm craving for this score :blink:

1) I unfortunately don't have the Turning Point score... yet.

2) I don't share ANY of Giacchino's music... sorry.

-Erik-

Sharing is good, I like it. I received the Turning Point score, haven't listened to it yet, but my brother claims the sound quality is horrible. I may just buy the 360 Exclusive Collector's Edition just for the score.

I'm craving for this score :lol:

1) I unfortunately don't have the Turning Point score... yet.

2) I don't share ANY of Giacchino's music... sorry.

-Erik-

i just meant the officially released music, nothing more. you would only be sharing files that are available, but nobody seems to have :P

And its neither a commercial release, so giacchino does not lose money i think...

At least feature some on your next show Erik. :lol:

And this is a cheeky request for anyone who now has the full version of ROAR and doesn't mind uploading it, to send me a link via PM. Thankyee!

At least feature some on your next show Erik. ;)

And this is a cheeky request for anyone who now has the full version of ROAR and doesn't mind uploading it, to send me a link via PM. Thankyee!

Sorry guys... but I'm not going to share Michael's music. I don't want to seem like an asshole but I just can't do it. I hope you all understand.

As for the full version of ROAR!... everyone in the world will be able to download it from iTunes for $1.99 very soon.

At least feature some on your next show Erik. ;)

That's a possibility.

-Erik-

Speed Racer has to be a losing proposition for Giacchino, he has to incorporate the old with his new, not sure he's up to the task.

Considering the man owns every score to the original Speed Racer series and has been an avid listener to scores since the original Star Wars, I'd say he has a pretty good idea of the old and the new. I think The Incredibles demonstrated a decent synthesis of the two.

Anyway, the proof is in the pudding. There's two hours of music from Speed Racer out there, and it's marvellously broad in its style. Some of the action music has some real funky basslines. Ow!

As for the full version of ROAR!... everyone in the world will be able to download it from iTunes for $1.99 very soon.

No, only people running Windows or OSX. Sorry to keep bringing this up, but that's just how it is, thanks to Apple.

No, only people running Windows or OSX. Sorry to keep bringing this up, but that's just how it is, thanks to Apple.

Alright... everyone in the world running a computer with Windows or OSX will be able to download this track for $1.99 (or whatever currency you are using) very soon. How's that?

-Erik-

Alright... everyone in the world running a computer with Windows or OSX will be able to download this track for $1.99 (or whatever currency you are using) very soon. How's that?

-Erik-

I do not believe that the iTunes store is availabe worldwide.

Random note...

I mean...I just thought I'd mention it....Lost Season 3 has been on iTunes since yesterday. :P

I think everyone missed it looking at Roar!

I'm unable to wait, burning as I type. Also my computer seems to lack the ability to burn CDs without shutting off, so downloading will be much more time efficient.

Darn, though... 62 cues? This'll take a while.

Random note...

I mean...I just thought I'd mention it....Lost Season 3 has been on iTunes since yesterday. :)

Good to know. Thanks Blumenkohl!

Ok, iTunes is odd in that it says that the album was released October 03, 2006.

From Todd McCarthy's largely unenthusiastic Variety review:

If Michael Giacchino's playful and busy score ever lets up for a minute during the movie, it's impossible to notice for all the other sounds booming forth.

Hmmm for some reason Roar! is no longer on iTunes.

No f'n kidding it isn't! Here I am, had to wait till today to get it, just downloaded iTunes for the sole purpose of getting Roar, and now the bloody thing's nowhere to be found! :angry::):angry::):angry:

John- :angry:

A random question, does anyone know if new music was written for Jurassic Park: Chaos Island and Call of Duty: Finest Hour?

Yes to both

Chaos island music is released as bonus track. Included on the last track from the Lost World the game

Finest hour has a score written but not released, only awful gamerips exist.

It seems much better music than COD 1, specially a magnificent end credits piece.

Lost Season 3 is out on iTunes and is fantastic. It sounds like Giacchino is really stretching out of the confines of what is expected in television music and is giving us film score fans some really meaty listening. More on this in my upcoming FSM review.....

No f'n kidding it isn't! Here I am, had to wait till today to get it, just downloaded iTunes for the sole purpose of getting Roar, and now the bloody thing's nowhere to be found! :angry::):angry::P:angry:

Wow...that sucks.

No f'n kidding it isn't! Here I am, had to wait till today to get it, just downloaded iTunes for the sole purpose of getting Roar, and now the bloody thing's nowhere to be found! :angry::):angry::P:angry:

The removal was a xxxx up, and it will be back soon, that's according to a poster FSM who asked Michael.

really it must be more complicated that it seems...

Remake a dead link....

BTW what happened? So many people bought it that they got out of stock? or it was limited to 3000 downloads :lol:

Marian - hoping to receive his Giacchinos this week.

Are those like Cheerios?

"They're musically delicious!"

Argh! Oh well, I guess I feel better for paying Giacchino more money... I'm really starting to get into this guy's stuff. Has anyone here listened to Mercenaries? Loads of fun, and a blast to listen to while driving. (Although, I suppose the same could be said for some of his other scores, but w/e.)

Part of the appeal of his scores to me is that they're awesome to cycle about to.

Medal of Honor Frontline and Airbourne are great nocturnal cycling experiences. Call of Duty is quite a moody one for the night-tme too; the opening track is morale-boosting and intense for steep uphill slogs. Parts of MI:3 make for pretty good kinetic cycling music ('Hunting for Jules' remaining my favourite). Secret Weapons Over Normandy is a bright and bold blast - it was my soundtrack to getting around in summer 2005. And now, of course, Speed Racer, with it's groovy pace, changing moods and tight percussion. Keep 'em coming!

Argh! Oh well, I guess I feel better for paying Giacchino more money... I'm really starting to get into this guy's stuff. Has anyone here listened to Mercenaries? Loads of fun, and a blast to listen to while driving. (Although, I suppose the same could be said for some of his other scores, but w/e.)

Actually, Mercenaries was written by Chris Tilton. The only thing Giacchino provided was the main theme... and a sub theme I think. The rest is ALL Tilton.

-Erik-

I'd rather just give Giacchino the buck directly. Hell, I'd give him two.

You can send it directly to me for my services...:blink: