The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has it been pointed out on this thread that what's his names score wasn't nominated for the Oscar.

I mean the next Williams', really....

boo hoo.

I seem to recall QMM mentioning that he had bought a copy off of buysoundtrax as well. I'm not sure though, he probably knows best himself. :)

Oh, and the mindless Giacchino bashing is getting old now. Especially in this thread.

- Marc, who enjoyed The Incredibles very much, and still has to pick up that score.

I'm sure that when Williams wins the Oscar for POA, he will call Giacchino on stage and pass the Oscar on to him, his rightfull heir, and announce his retirement, knowing the future of film music is secure.

Then he will kneel before Giacchino, kiss his feet and dissapear from the stage, and public live.

Oh, and the mindless Giacchino bashing is getting old now. Especially in this thread.  

no whats old is this bullcrap that he is the heir apparent to JW.

he's not,

Hey Michael, if your the heir apparent, you need to start working on your Oscar nomination count.

JW-43, MG-0

I didnt buy the MOH soundtrack off of Buysoundtrax like I was contemplating

I'm quite happy with my other autographed scores (SWON and Mercenaries)

no whats old is this bullcrap that he is the heir apparent to JW.

he's not,

Hey Michael, if your the heir apparent, you need to start working on your Oscar nomination count.

JW-43, MG-0

:roll:

Giacchino has done one film score. I don't think Williams was nominated for Gidget Goes to Rome. In fact, he was not nominated for the first 12 years in which he composed music for film.

I actually know that, but since this is a JW site, it gets old hearing this guy is his replacement.

there is no replacement for JW

Giacchino has done one film score. I don't think Williams was nominated for Gidget Goes to Rome. In fact, he was not nominated for the first 12 years in which he composed music for film.

That was then, this is now.

Giacchino has done one film score.

Exactly, how anyone can say Giacchino is the new John Williams is beyond mer, so far he only done one film score.

Just for the record, Giacchino has done more then just one film score.

-Erik-

The links that Ricard posted today about williams are also great for giacchino's fans.

He was awarded best composer of the year, best sccre and best action/adventure score...

Anyway, it really seems everyone got a prize...

Luke, who is not sure about the relevance of 'music from the movies' prizes....

Eh, the Incredibles score was "servicable. HOWEVER, every composer needs a film thats within his style of composing. Look at our very own JW. Some of his best works are "Adventure" films. Where as some of his less then par works ERM "NIXON" are Servicable. HEHE that was a great tie in to my crappy poll. Anway, I think this guy has talent. I've now listened to all his clippings from his website and I think he has ALOT of talent. I like him. I just don't think the "Incredibles" was the best choice for his first Major film.

• 1 month later...

Whoa, this thread was sunk... took me some time to find it.

Anyway, I just began a piano arrangement of "The Incredits", anybody who's interested can get it here:

The Incredits

MIDI

Sheet Music (Scorch)

So far this is the first section (first 3 minutes).

Enjoy :pukeface:

Cool. :pukeface:

BTW, does anyone know if we can expect a Pixar box by the time Cars comes out. I know it's still a long way off, but I really do dig those Pixar films and so far I have none of them on DVD, and I'm kind of holding out until a box with all 7 films comes out. Any thoughts yet?

Chris I love you!!!!! Your Incredits arrangement is amazing!!!!!

Max-Now has to listen to Incredibles again

And from the Ashes the thread comes back

Just in time for me to get the Medal of Honor and MOH underground scores in the mail today.

Brian99_1 - who against some of the better judgement of certain members of the board has whole heartedly jumped on the Giacchino bandwagon Next Williams NO there never will be another but damn this guy can write some entertaining music!

I agree. I don't care whether Giacchino is the "next John Williams" or not. I enjoy his music both viscerally and cerebrally. He's a brighter hope for the future of filmscoring than Trevor Rabin or his ilk.

Yes Fiery I totally agree. Next Williams or not who cares.... there will never be abother but the man most certainly has talent and has over the last couple years become probably my second favorite composer working today. second only to JW of course! :)

Brian99_1 - enjoying MOH: Underground for the 3rd time in 2 days

How did I know even after a few months of missing out on this board this thread would STILL be at the top of the main page despite all these people saying how they are "unimpressed" with Giacchino's music. :(

Thank you JWFan.net for not letting me down! :joy:

The work of Giacchino's I like the best is his work on Lost. The music on the climax to the "Walkabout" episode is the best music I 've ever heard on a TV show, and he continues to produce such work week after week. Does anybody know of any clips to tide me over until the official soundtrack comes out?

The Ghoest- Haunting 24/7, 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

From The Digital Bits web site:

March 15th

"L.A.-area readers today. Disney and Pixar are holding a special DVD signing event at The Virgin Megastore in Hollywood tonight (8000 W. Sunset Blvd), in honor of the DVD release of The Incredibles. The event will run from 6 to 8 PM PST this evening. On hand will be story supervisor Mark Andrews, music supervisor Michael Giacchino and other members of the film's creative team from Pixar. Incredibles-related prizes will be awarded at the event as well. If you're in the area and you can make it, be sure to drop on by."

-Erik-

Apparently, Michael Giacchino wrote new music for Space Mountain: Mission 2 in Disney Land Paris.

That could be exciting! I've read years ago that the current ride music used music or themes from Williams, but apart from a smal nod to E.T. I can't hear which themes that could be.

From The Digital Bits web site:

March 15th

"L.A.-area readers today. Disney  and Pixar are holding a special DVD signing event at The Virgin  Megastore in Hollywood tonight (8000 W. Sunset Blvd), in honor of  the DVD release of The Incredibles.  The event will run from 6 to 8 PM PST this evening. On hand will be  story supervisor Mark Andrews, music supervisor Michael Giacchino and other members of the film's creative team from Pixar. Incredibles-related prizes will be awarded at the event as well. If you're in the area  and you can make it, be sure to drop on by."

-Erik-

Some pictures of this event can be found here:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/viewto...opic.php?t=7968

Just popped in for my first post ever in this thread. I got The Incredibles album for my birthday and I absolutely adore it. I cannot get the main theme(s) out of my head (possibly because of the resemblance to the Bond theme/OHMSS), but it's brilliant. It's perfect for the film, and I couldn't be happier with it. I also got Season 1 of Alias for my birthday - my new obsession (sorry, Buffy) - and the music in it is also great. Still to find the album, however.

So yeah... I like Giacchino.

Who is Michael Giacchino?

The man your kids will be discussing on music forums.

Ah, then I presume he must be the next Williams!

Who is Michael Giacchino?

he is nobody important. He supposedly writes music, but he is to film music what rap is to pop music.