What is JW`s most 'beautiful' cue

King Mark

You know,by `beautiful`cues i mean in the style of Princess Leia`s Theme,Yoda`s Theme,Fawkes...ect...,not pounding action cues like The Truck Chase of course

For me it`s Theme from Jurassic Park,i think that cue is the most beautiful over all.

K.M.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hard, and definitily not just one, a couple:

Love Theme from Superman

Theme from Jurassic Park

"When You're Alone" and the finale theme from Hook

"The Days Between" from Stepmom

"E.T. and Me" from E.T.

"Cadillac of the Skies" from Empire of the Sun

Theme from A.I.

This would be my top 20:

1. Theme from Schindler's List

2. Where Dreams Are Born from A.I.

3. Love Theme from Attack Of The Clones

4. Suite from Born On The Fourth Of July

5. Theme from Jurassic Park

6. Theme from The Eiger Sanction

7. You Are The Pan from Hook

8. Taking Pictures from Stepmom

9. Garrison Family Theme from JFK

10. County Galway 1892 from Far And Away

11. Cadillac Of The Skies (concert arr.) from Empire Of The Sun

12. Theme from Jane Eyre

13. Fawkes The Phoenix from The Chamber Of Secrets

14. Luke And Leia from Return Of The Jedi

15. Hymn To The Fallen from Saving Private Ryan

16. E.T. And Me from E.T.

17. Theme from Seven Years In Tibet

18. Back To America from Angela's Ashes

19. Love Theme from The Patriot

20. Han Solo And The Princess from The Empire Strikes Back

Also noteworthy are The Satellite Celebration (later reworked for orchestra minus chorus as Song For World Peace), Princess Leia's Theme, Yoda's Theme, Love Theme from Superman, Marion's Theme from Raiders Of The Lost Ark and The Search for The Blue Fairy from A.I.)...

Bye,

Roald

Happy New Year to everybody!

Well, if I'd had to answer this thread tomorrow, I'd certainly think of any other cue (from Hook, Close Encounters or A.I.)...

But the ne I'm thinking of at the moment is "Watching the Eclipse" and "Finale" from "Angela's Ashes". Just because I think that this score is a bit underrated.

The best wishes to you too Stefan! :music:

Did you already see The Return Of The King?

I thought is was absolutely brilliant and amazing. One of my favorite films of all time. Actually the other two LOTR films are also among my all time favorites...

Did you enjoy the score? I'm sorry I havened found the time to read the "official" ROTK score thread (which is close to defeating my record holding "official" members thread!) so I'm not yet updated on your opinion or those of any other members here.

Personally; I think the score is amazing. I love some tracks to death; Minas Tirith, The White Tree, The Return Of The King, The Grey Havens,... etc.

Bye,

Roald

The best wishes to you too Stefan!  :music:  

Did you already see The Return Of The King?  

I thought is was absolutely brilliant and amazing. One of my favorite films of all time. Actually the other two LOTR films are also among my all time favorites...

Yes...i agree, Lord Of The Rings has for me pushed the original Star Wars trilogy aside as best film trilogy ever.

Did you enjoy the score? I'm sorry I havened found the time to read the "official" ROTK score thread (which is close to defeating my record holding "official" members thread!) so I'm not yet updated on your opinion or those of any other members here.

I'm sure Neil will just frown and move these posts to that thread, that's what we pay him for, innit. 8O

Personally; I think the score is amazing. I love some tracks to death; Minas Tirith, The White Tree, The Return Of The King, The Grey Havens,... etc.  

Bye,

Roald

Same here, i'be been playing only that CD for the last few weeks, it's an amazing work, like the other 2 scores.

Stefancos- who can't wait for Howard Shore's concert in Antwerpen.

I´d say "Schindler´s List Main Theme" is his most beautiful, although i kind of love the main theme from "Home Alone" too (without the chorus).

I think I'm going to go with the Main Theme from Schindlers List. The solo violin is just incredable, and when Itzhak Perlman plays it, doesn't get any better then that!

If we're including concert arrangements, The Days Between from 'Stepmom' (on Hector's list, I see) joins Taking Pictures (also 'Stepmom') from Roald's list. Lyrical yet reflective and restrained.

The Holy Grail theme from the Last Crusade specifically at the end of the movie when you see the Knight raising his arm

I can't wait for the release of all the extended edition LOTR music

I like "Visitors/'Goodbye'/Special Edition End Credits". To me, I can hear why John might consider that his favorite score. But maybe he just liked it because of the way Spielberg worked the music into the movie as the aliens' communication.

I think if the dictionary had a soundtrack, 'Theme from Jurassic Park' would be the track for Beauty.

BTW I also think that 'Incident at Isla Nublar' would be the track for visceral.

The Reunion (AI)

You Are the Pan

Fawkes the Phoenix

Far and Away main theme

Saying Goodbye (ET)

These really just scrape the surface, there are so many

Ray Barnsbury

Ok, again a variation on a theme.

Just my top 5 this time:

1) Theme from The Color Purple (arr. Williams). If it doesn't count as a Williams: Flight to Neverland

2) Jim's New Life

3) Theme from Sabrina

4) Journey to the Island

5) Theme from Schindler's List

just to name a few-

Imaginary Air Battle from Empire of the sun, I've just always really enjoyed it.

The seduction of Suki and the ballroom scene- from the cd, not the movie.

Fawkes the Pheonix and Binary Sunset.

Here are a few of mine:

Theme from Jane Eyre

Theme from Schindler's List

Prologue from JFK

You Are The Pan

Fawkes The Phoenix

Binary Sunset

Kathy

sorry, I didn't realize I was using someones signature avitar, it was one of the choices and I liked it.

ok I changed it. I wanted this one first anyway. :fouetaa:

It seems A New Beginning from Minority Report would at least deserve a mention. Some of the best string writing anyway.

For that matter, so should "Regaining a Son" from Seven Years in Tibet (actually if we did that, then we'd have to include the rest of the score, too).

sorry, I didn't realize I was using someones signature avitar, it was one of the choices and I liked it.

ok I changed it.  I wanted this one first anyway.  :fouetaa:

Hey, that's PBL's avatar!! :joke:

Neil

My List:

Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra

Keeper of the Grail

Across the Stars

Harry's Wonderous World

Flight to Austria

Hedwig's Theme

Theme from Jurassic Park

Home Alone Main Title (Somewhere in My Memory)

Damn there's just so much, but this will have to do for now...

Its hard to narrow it down but the main theme to Far and Away, particularly as heard with the pan flute in the end credits, has to be at the top or near the top. Also, Born on the Fourth of July end credits about 1:50 into it has a culminating motif of the main theme that perfectly captures a kind of romantic, bittersweet idealism (or something like that) that resonates with me and is quite beautiful.

- Adam

Scarybunny is having some issues with avatar's it seems. . . .LOL Sorry about all the confusion. You just happened to pick people's avatars that are well known on the board. We make our own (in one way or another) and upload them to the board. So you are actually browsing the defaults and members avatars. No worries. Making your own is simple. . . . you can also find something and go to www.gifworks.com if you don't have an editing program. Or one of us can fix it for you.

Hmm, I should shorten my list, eh?

After going back and listening, I'll have to pick the Holy Grail theme. I am more of a fan of darker scores, but as far as beauty goes, this takes the cake.

Wouldn't a rabbit with big gnarly fangs and a case of dementia be appropriate?  

Well, yes but instead I scanned in my program from the night I met the man himself.

:|

the night I met the man himself.  

We need to have a permanent list somewhere of all the people who have met "the man"

My goal over the next 3 years before i head of to college is to go to Tanglewood as a member of the Boston University Tanglewood Institute...I'll get the spend the summer with some of the best musicians in the country and I believe i can attend most Tanglewood concerts for free. I know someone who paricipated in BUTI and she met John...so hopefully someday I'll get to speak with him myself!

Nor I met him the four times I've been at the Hollywood Bowl, nor the 70the Birthday Concert in L.A., nor the autograph signing at COSTCO in Marina del Rey with Yo-Yo Ma. I saw him very close that day, though, about ten feet away.

I like "For Gillian".

Neil

Yes Neil! Good choice. Don't really listen too much to The Fury but ForGillian is a gorgeous piece of music.

I'll add The Accidental Tourist, the pentultimate track from Stanley and Iris (can't remember the track title), Main Titles from Sabrina, and pretty much all of Angela's Ashes. I also agree that it's one of Williams' most underrated scores and one of my all time favorites.

My goal over the next 3 years before i head of to college is to go to Tanglewood as a member of the Boston University Tanglewood Institute...I'll get the spend the summer with some of the best musicians in the country and I believe i can attend most Tanglewood concerts for free. I know someone who paricipated in BUTI and she met John...so hopefully someday I'll get to speak with him myself!  

Hi- In school one of my graphics instructors had originally studied music in Boston, I don't remember where, but he was going for film composing and got to take a class (or I think it was a workshop) with Mr. Williams. So you may get your chance.

For some reason, it seems like everyone associated with music around Boston has met John...I've only been a fan for about 3 years now and I'm 15, so i guess i have plenty of time to meet him