Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Mugglenet says it's fan-made. It's kind of a cool picture, though.

The "tagline" is awful.

Not that this is any indication, but it says it's rated PG-13...I certainly hope the movie is. The book can't be done justice without it. There's the first scene and the graveyard scene for starters. Having someone die in the frst scene of the movie should help darken it up a bit!

~Sturgis

Why not have the tagline be "The Little Spark That Could".

Justin - Who thinks the word "may" is strange. The spark may burst if it has permission. Just say "Will" fools!

Yeah, From a Little Spark May Burst a Mighty Flame is pretty lame, and I think it was their idea of a Something Wicked This Way Comes equivalent.

Still. One is Shakespeare, the other is lame.

Marian - LOL

;) Meet Joe Black (Thomas Newman)

That's all right for a fan poster, but it's pretty boring (granted not many images that could be used have been released yet). And yeah, the tagline....where did they even come up with it?? Maybe it's supposed to have sexual meaning to appeal to the teen crowd.

Ray Barnsbury

And it seems from some of the stuff we've heard that the number one goal of this movie is to appeal to the teen crowd.  :roll:

:? Am i missing something here? Isn't that what they have been doing for the past four years? After all Harry Potter is for that demographic.

And it seems from some of the stuff we've heard that the number one goal of this movie is to appeal to the teen crowd.  :roll:

:? Am i missing something here? Isn't that what they have been doing for the past four years? After all Harry Potter is for that demographic.

The past four years they have been concerned with making a quality movie that was faithful to the book (to some degree or another in PoA's case).

For this one, based on some reports that have come out, a main goal seems to be "hipping it up" for the MTV robots rather than simply making a quality movie and adaptation. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting.

John and Sturgis are right. With the first two films they were making family films that were faithful to the book. With the new one, they're hipping it up to apeal to the teen audience. Well yuck. PoA was a decent transition, but I don't think they can push it any further.

- Marc

PoA was a decent transition, but I don't think they can push it any further.

Exactly. In POA, the trio looked more like normal teenagers, wearing brand-name clothes instead of preppy sweaters.

BUT, it has been pushed too far. My feelings about GOF go back and forth. First, this whole business with Jarv-ass Cocker and Fanz Ferdinand PISSED ME OFF! But then the calendar comes out with some cool images. Then Hermione kisses Krum (AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH)! Then the set reports on Mugglenet sound cool. It's just so confusing.

~Sturgis

I don't get the whole kissing bit. Any action I can see that involves miss Watson is good. A little peck isn't going to hurt the movie.

Justin - Who thinks it's ridiculous that Hermione hangs out with Ron and Harry without having an alternate motive. (Oh those busy little bee's!) :)

I don't get the whole kissing bit. Any action I can see that involves miss Watson is good. A little peck isn't going to hurt the movie.

Justin - Who thinks it's ridiculous that Hermione hangs out with Ron and Harry without having an alternate motive. (Oh those busy little bee's!) :)

Well, she shouldn't kiss Krum. The whole idea is that she actually likes Ron. Which is her "alternate motive" for hanging out with him. (I don't know why she hangs out with Harry -- unless she's sleeping with him on the side. :music: )

~Sturgis

And yeah, the tagline....where did they even come up with it??  Maybe it's supposed to have sexual meaning to appeal to the teen crowd.

Ray Barnsbury

I like the tagline. And if it's sexual, then all the better. It's about time they acknowledged that these kids have hormones.

Are you implying that they engaged in intercourse?

To put it very bluntly.

Ginny likes Dean Thomas, Ron and Hermione are already going out in secret, Luna likes Harry, Crabbe likes Goyle, Fang likes Grawp, and Hagrid did it with Professor McGonagall on Buckbeak's back.

~Sturgis

Hermione doesn't like anyone.  She just likes books.  She'll die an lonely and decrepit old witch with a wart on her nose.

Perhaps in the books. But in the films she's a hot perfectly aged teen ready to be sexed up, groovy like, yeah baby! :)

Justin - Glad Watson will never come to JWFan.

Hermione doesn't like anyone.  She just likes books.  She'll die an lonely and decrepit old witch with a wart on her nose.

Perhaps in the books. But in the films she's a hot perfectly aged teen ready to be sexed up, groovy like, yeah baby! :)

Justin - Glad Watson will never come to JWFan.

You just like the accent. I'm right, aren't I?

To put it very bluntly.

Ginny likes Dean Thomas, Ron and Hermione are already going out in secret, Luna likes Harry, Crabbe likes Goyle, Fang likes Grawp, and Hagrid did it with Professor McGonagall on Buckbeak's back.

~Sturgis

:):music:

These:

-Ginny likes Dean Thomas (obvious because they're going out)

-Ron and Hermione are already going out in secret

-Luna likes Harry

I think are true.

The others...dear God!

~Sturgis

Listens damnit this is how it goes, Ron likes Harry, Harry knows it and just wants to keep the friends with "benefits" relationship. Hermione likes Hagrid AND has a little fetish for house elves. Ginny likes Hermoine, but Draco likes Hermione too, who is also liked by this muggle boy named Justin. Harry likes no one but his owl.

P.S. Daniel Radcliffe is 15 or 16 and he doesn't have a girlfriend, that's kinda wierd! :) to quote Justin "He is a hot perfectly aged teen ready to be sexed up, groovy like, yeah baby!"

Daniel Radcliffe is 15 or 16 and he doesn't have a girlfriend, that's kinda wierd!

Wishful thinking, methinks.

MM - Who has a raised eyebrow, but isn not all together surprised at the sex talk. It's probably the fifth time in this thread, and each one has mentioned sex with a house elf...

And besides, Hermione is staring out into space in that picture. It's obvious she's got it bad for Buckbeak. Or Hagrid, who is just really tall.