Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

I saw a bit of an interview at HPANA that had Doyle saying he considered himself the luckiest guy in the world because he was able to score this film. More interestingly, he said he scored, and I quote, "a zillion themes".

I wonder what Hermione is reacting to when she's sitting at the banquet table in this trailer. I'm assuming she's looking at Krum because it looks like she's about to jump someone's bones.

Tim

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now I know why they have kept Mad Eye Moody's image so secret. ;):music:nonono.gif

First there's no Williams score and now Mad Eye has a strap on Eye. Ye gods.

Mad-Eye's make-up looks cheap. Guess they didn't have time to do it properly, the way it is descibed in the book. Shame...

I used to care about stuff like that. For instance, I was initially upset by the absence of Fudge's distinctive green bowler in CoS. However, I eventually realized that that was the very least of the film's problems, and have since cared more about important things such as overall cinematic quality. HPFan and his followers will have ulcers by the time OotP makes it to the silver screen, if not already.

Ray Barnsbury

That strap on eye is kinda dorky looking.. But hey, I don't care! It looks great!

Is it something like this?

117.jpg

I suppose the patch for Moody is easier for the effects people. This way, they only have to animate the eye moving around. If they removed the patch, they would have to animate the socket and the skin around that eye as well. I guess they're saving time and money.

Tim

I also think the eye looks odd. It's clearly described as an artificial eye in the natural eye socket in the novel, so those movie stills just don't fit my imagination at all.

Marian - expecting to be milder about it once he hears Gleeson's voice with the image. ;)

It may also be so they won't have to show an empty eye socket in another part of the movie. And it's probably easier to isolate that part of any given frame for FX work than an eye enclosed in a socket.

. . . and it looks fine, it's just an adaption, I'm as loyal a fan as anyone, but I want the movies to take their little liberties. ;)

~Sturgis

I also think the eye looks odd. It's clearly described as an artificial eye in the natural eye socket in the novel, so those movie stills just don't fit my imagination at all.

yeah well the movies are based on the novel.

I only get worked up about things that don't need to be changed. This is a perfect example. Dumbledore is another, Draco's hair is another, their clothing is another well i could go all day but you get the point.

Dumbledore is another,

They should have not cast another Dumbledore after Harris died?

~Sturgis

No,.I think he means the clothes are wrong,and his hair and nails,and stuff like that.

Sorta like if Superman had a blue cape in the new re-make

K.M.

Well, I for one like Moody's look every single time I see it.

Morlock- who is amused by HP2's dislike of tese small changes, but is also sympathetic. That's the kind of guy I am today.

I imagined Moody much thinner...

So did I, I imagined him a very thin, kind of compact looking guy, walking a bit hunched over. That being said, I can see myself adjusting to this Moody. I also imagined Snape very differantely, and I got used to him very quickly.

....and his eye more disgusting looking.

Me too, but it has to be palatable. I was worried that they'd follow the book too closely on this and make it hard to watch. I'm dreading what they'll do with Voldermort. No matter how gastly he's supposed to be, you have to be able to look at him. I hope that the makeup team is proficiant enough to make him repulsive in a watchable way.

Today, icWales reports that Martin Levin, owner and director of The Red Kite studios in Llanwrda, Wales, is negotiating to have the Weird Sisters aspect of the soundtrack for the Goblet of Fire movie recorded at his studios. He said: "It's not confirmed yet, but they want me to do some mixing of their music for surround sound in the cinema here at the studio."

sad.gif

Why isnt Williams doing the score for this one? Just a concern, all the themes and motifs he set up in the last three are going to be lost. The theme which we all recognize as THE Harry Potter theme won't be present in this one. Does that bother anybody? Because personally I'm a bit pissed off.

Why isnt Williams doing the score for this one?

Because he had a clashed doing the score for Memoirs of a Geisha.