Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific trailer! I especially love the glimpses of the darkest scenes - the death eaters, Nagini over the back of the chair, the graveyard and those creepy statues, and (eep!) Voldemort's face! I have as good a feeling about this film as I did about PoA, which definitely bodes well for it.

Ray Barnsbury - officially excited now

What horrible music! I just hope it isn't Doyle's. The movie looks really good. I think the flirting scenes are gonna be cool.

I'm sure most of it isn't Doyle's. The only piece that might be his is the second one, which sounds like something up Doyle's alley.

To me, the trailer confirms that the film will be at least as good as the first one. It seems to have it's share of good actors taking on colorful characters, which should lead to at least a few great moments, and also seems to have some nifty looking scenes. CGI looks subpar, and I'm begining to get really worried that this one isn't going to have any shrunken heads in it, but otherwise, I'm still looking forward to it.

Excellent, excellent trailer. As good as the Double Trouble one for PoA, and made even better by the let down that was the first trailer. I think the only CG issue that I could see is the boat. It looks to be beautifully filmed, I love the shots of the platforms above the lake (that scene's gonna be awsome!) and the people dancing from above. I liked the music, especially in the first half, the classical-sounding piece is nice. If I wasn't excited for this film before (which I wasn't a whole lot), I certainly am now. Should be awsome!

~Sturgis

Possible spoiler...

I think that's cool that they kept Voldie looking very similar to what he looked like in the first one. It looks really artful, and possible more imaginative than the previous films. Mad-eye Moody still looks too weird. That eye looks overly-fake. But it all looks great.

I have a feeling the classical piece for the prom scenes is from Doyle.In any case,it's very formal and "classical sounding" in other words not very exciting as JW could do wih that type of the music(like ballroom scene in Witches of Eastwick).Not the goosebumps I get when I hear a few bars of a new Williams theme for the first time.

K.M.

Great trailer, I'm really looking forward to this. Harry slopping pumpkin juice down his front is hilarious.

But not from the scene they want you to think. You're supposed to think it's when he sees Fleur, but the lighting is different. I hate it when they do that stuff in trailers and it's obvious.

~Sturgis

At this point,can we take this as an indication that at least Hedwig's Theme will be in the movie?If they only went for all new themes wouldn't they be "testing" the reaction of not including Williams music in this trailer?

K.M.Ready to watch Survivor Guatemela

I was gonna watch that, but The OC's on and that beats Survivor out by far. It's gotten a little repeatative. Wait! Stephanie and Bobby John?! Okay, maybe I'll record The OC and watch it afterwards. :mrgreen:

~Sturgis, who thinks Hedwig's Theme will definately be used in GoF

I was gonna watch that, but The OC's on and that beats Survivor out by far.  It's gotten a little repeatative.  Wait!  Stephanie and Bobby John?!  Okay, maybe I'll record The OC and watch it afterwards. :mrgreen:  

F

Yay! Stephanie's team won immunity.I'm rooting for that one.Too bad they didn't get the nice campsite.

K.M.

Wow, that was awesome! The music was a little sucky, but I'm sure it's only that temp/trailer stuff........right??

But I got chills when Hedwig's Theme came on. Those familiar string lines..... Marvelous!

Oh, and I'm especially fond of this freeze-frame....

JackedupPotter.jpg

What horrible music! I just hope it isn't Doyle's. The movie looks really good. I think the flirting scenes are gonna be cool.

I'm sure most of it isn't Doyle's. The only piece that might be his is the second one, which sounds like something up Doyle's alley.

I don't know, but I have a suspicion that ALL of the music in the trailer is by Doyle. If it was a temp track, why wouldn't they just use snippets of John Williams' previous three scores? Also, the recording for this picture is wrapped up, right? It doesn't make sense that, at this point, they're still using temp music in the trailer.

And I agree with you, I'm not particularly impressed with the music, (I just get goosebumps thinking what JW might have come up with) but the movie itself seems to be well enough made. The music sounded kinda tacky, and I tell you, I only got goosebumps in the last five seconds or so when I heard Hedwig's Theme again . . . which shows you once again what JW is capable of. Other than that, no memorable themes here (like Double Trouble), although the classical-sounding ball music might come close.

LOL

It's pretty ordinary to keep using tailor-made trailer music after the score has been recorded. But sometimes some score bits end up in it. The RotK trailer had an adjusted version of Gandalf's entrance into Minas Tirith in it, that was arranged specifically for the trailer. Since no-one has heard Doyle's latest yet, at this point I don't think anyone really knows.

I don't know, but I have a suspicion that ALL of the music in the trailer is by Doyle. If it was a temp track, why wouldn't they just use snippets of John Williams' previous three scores? Also, the recording for this picture is wrapped up, right? It doesn't make sense that, at this point, they're still using temp music in the trailer.

I've been listening to a lot of Doyle lately, and I can tell you, there is no way the rest of the music is his. I've been wrong before, but save teh second piece, nothing sounds remotely like Doyle. He's too good to compose such drivel. Case in point is The Two Towers, which used a Requiem of A Dream remix instead of Shore's first score. And look at POA's trailers- except for the Double Trouble trailer, no Williams. The main theatrical trailer for the movie had all newly composed music ( think by the same people who did this one).

Holy tantalization! It's just....wow. It really looks like the scope of the book is done justice in the film. not to mention the darkness.

Ray Barnsbury - who can't comment on anything specific at the moment :)

I have a feeling the classical piece for the prom scenes is from Doyle.In any case,it's very formal and "classical sounding" in other words  not very exciting as JW could do wih that type of the music(like ballroom scene in Witches of Eastwick).

I doubt it's Doyle. It sounds like the kind of thing Doyle would do fort his kind of scene, but it doesn't sound like Doyle. In fact, if Doyle gets to score that scene, I expect his music will be much better... and personally, I find Doyle's "classical dance music" (think Frankenstein) cues more enjoyable than the ballroom cue by Williams.

Marian - who agrees with the above posters that none of the other stuff in the trailer is anything like something Doyle would write.

On a side note, Daniel Radcliffe is not allowed to grow up anymore.  I don't need to see that little boy from Philosopher's Stone become a hottie.

hp1.jpg

;) - Too Late!

Moviefone wants me to install some weird plugin to download the trailer.Screw that.

k.m.

You should install it though. It enables you to see the trailer full screen.

I've always thought Book 4 to be the best, and according to the new trailer I think my Great Expectations will not be betrayed.

Up until now the first movie has always been my favourite, although the third one is obviously the most stylish one. But I think Potter 4 will be the Potter-movie to end all Potter-movies.

- Willy, who's thinking about attending the premiere in London. :roll: