Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

I've listened to the new track"The Story Continues" and its sounds pretty good. If John Williams did the score for Goblet of fire i wonder what his score would sound like for "The Story Continues" cue? Just another opening of hedwig's theme only like the first three?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, keep Doyle in for the next movies. The series doesn't really deserve anything better.

Until Half-Blood Prince, of course.

:shakehead:

That deserves something unlistenable. By then, we probably wont even get a score soundtrack.

I'm happy with Williams' Potter trilogy, I don't need anymore Potter music from him. Of course I'd eat another one up if he chose to return, but I'm glad he chose Geisha over Goblet.

Jeff

Okay let me rephrase it, am i the only who will not purchase the score?
EDIT: About that other GoF clip, did nobody notice? Bart posted this link. Click on "Menu" to get some new GoF music.

See now that sounds way better than that trash released earlier.

But you will still avoid this score :)

Question: When you're watching the movie, on the... rare occasion... that you're totally blown away by the score, will you still avoid it to stand by your earlier firm decision?

No

Or won't it even come to this since you decided to hate it and so you will hate it?

I haven't decided anything "The Story Continues" did that for me. Yes there could be the off chance that that is the worst track on the entire score, however i doubt it. And i don't think Doyle has the ability to match any of Williams' Potter scores.

Apparently, Jarvis Crocker is po'ed cause none of his songs are going to be released on an album... So... does that mean that none of the vocal songs on the C.D. are by Jarvis Crocker? I must have missed this.

I've been looking into the Goblet of Fire video game, and I can't find Jeremy Soule's name attached to it. He's written the first three games' soundtracks. Does this mean the new game will use the film's score? If so, it will almost certainly have music not available on the CD.

Cerrabore - pondering a Harry Potter Music Resource thread :)

Quick question here, am I the only one who will avoid this score?

If by "avoid this score" you mean "refuse to listen to anything not by John Williams because he is the only good composer in existence throughout time and space", then you are at least in the minority.

Marian - who has not listened to this clip and will buy the CD (and already has his tickets for the November 15 midnight premiere).

For those of you who wish to take a listen to a track from the score before the official release of the soundtrack, Mugglenet provides a link to where you may download a song for the Yule Ball and the first track on the soundtrack, "The Story Continues" by Patrick Doyle.

To be completely honest, I like it :P

I don't see why members here should be as interested in this score unless they already liked Doyle's music before. I was not too keen on most of his music, but I have impulse purchased his Henry V and found it enjoyable enough. But it isn't a very anticipated release, any more than any other Doyle release would be.

I just listened to the track, and it is better than most of Doyle's music. Perhaps Potter, and having to stand on Williams' shoulders has brought out the best in him.

Just heard the cue, I was very impressed.

Very dark opening for this film, and a interesting new arrangement of Hedwig's theme.

I'm glad it does not sound anything like John Williams.

Looking forward to the full CD.

Same here.

If by "avoid this score" you mean "refuse to listen to anything not by John Williams because he is the only good composer in existence throughout time and space", then you are at least in the minority.

When did I ever give the impression that that was my opinion?

When did I ever give the impression that that was my opinion?

When you started avoiding this score after hearing only one track of it? When you were avoiding this score before hearing any of it? When you bought every other HP soundtrack except this latest one that isn't by Williams? (Unless you go back on what you said and buy it anyway...)

But at least it's nothing new...

Justin - Who Didn't realize he needed to spoon feed. I'll make sure i bring a bib next time.

yes can someone direct me to this, as the link a few pages back do not work.

MuggleNet has a .zip file with both tracks in it. On their main page, scroll down until you find the Sample of song to appear on GOF soundtrack headline. You will find a download under the UPDATE (I'd link directly to the file, but the board rules don't allow it, so you'll have to look it up for yourself).

EDIT: Oh well, never mind then. :(

Also Veritaserum.com reports that the film has a running time of 156 minutes (and 25 seconds) from start to finish, including 13 minutes of end credits filled with "bits of humor" (probably something like the footsteps on the Marauder's Map in PoA).

And it seems that already in the very first teaser, we heard some music from Doyle...

Listening to Track 4 currently, only heard Hedwig's Theme so far.

Whenever I try to listen to the AOL stuff, it closes all my internet windows...

Can anybody explain this?

It wont stop happening!

Something to do with Hedwig's theme and the celeste, I guess. Hard to explain.

May also be simply because I haven't seen the film yet.

Tracks 11 - 13 are gorgeous.

I didn't have that tingle in the last 2 Harry Potter scores Williams did.

Not really looking for it nor expecting it for this one.

Stefancos- patiently awaiting a CD release.

RRRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! CURSE U AOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a Mac and love to listen to music so grant me the songsssss!!!!@#E$%Q$^#$% I can't listen to them. because. this feature is not yet available for macintosh. a;sdl

Oh my f***ing god!! What's "Hogwarts March" supposed to be??? As a Bavarian, I already get to hear this kind of bierfest polka more often than I can bear.

censored

Why can't MSN Music have it - I've got streaming credit there :) And I'm not signing up at AOl just to see if I can stream this...

Oh, and the damn uni firewall prevents me using any....less legitimate methods. I guess I'm in for a bit of a wait banghead