Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://hpana.com/news.19385.html

HPANA is now saying that they have reliable info that Nicholas Hooper is scoring OotP...  Bleh.

[Editor's Note: Music composition for films doesn't normally begin until nearer to post-production. In this case, post-production will likely last from late 2006 through early 2007. Since "Phoenix" is still filming in principal production, don't expect confirmation from Warner Bros. on this news.]

This reliable info that Nicholas Hooper is scoring OotP hasn't been confirmed yet from Warner Bros. on this news.

So there still a chance for a better choosng of a much better composer other than this composer that I don't know and I never heard of him.

That source infomation is just saying the Nicholas Hooper himself decided to score OotP considering he has work with that director David Yates but howevr it hasn't been comfirmed oficicallyas a 100% sure from Warner Bros that he is going to do it.

I just wanted to ask why do you thunk John Williams is not returning for Order of the Phoenix.

He didn't do Goblet of Fire because he wanted to do memoirs of a Geisha.

Apart from the David Yates - The Director- wanting to hire Hooper I think he should come back.

I really really want him to come back.

It is possible for John Williams depending on the time schedule for Order of the Phoenix and Indiana Jones 4 considering both movie are going to be release sometime next year if he has time to do both. But if he can't do both than it more likely John Williams will do Indiana Jones 4 and some other composer will do Order of the Phoenix which is already seems to heading that way, doesn't it?

But it really up to John Williams whether he wants to return to Harry Potter or not.

It is possible for John Williams depending on the time schedule for Order of the Phoenix and Indiana Jones 4 considering both movie are going to be release sometime next year if he has time to do both.  

Perhaps he can write one score which they can insert into both films.

I don't know what happened with the other Indy movies, but do you think it would come out in summer? Spielberg shoots fast, but don't know if he would be able to start shooting early in the year. Anyway, I don't see Williams doing OOTP

I just hope williams doesn't die before he can write the score to Indy 4.

k.m.who had the same worries about RotS.

I hope Williams doesnt die b4 i get to attend one of his concerts, or before he replies my fan mail sent earlier this year. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Word is that Book 7 is likely for year 7.

Which reminds me that earlier this week, we were told that we'd be getting a new guy at work to help us on our project, and that he'd be starting June 6th. They didn't tell us his name.

Marian - wondering if it might be Damien.

I don't know, I have a hard time believing that there would be a Potter book and movie released in the same summer, especially the final book. Just seems like it might be overkill.

Well, they would probably delay the book before they delay the movie.

1. It would give her more time to write it.

2. Once the final book is released a lot of people will lose interest in the series. It will be over for them. No more questions to be answered. Its sort of like that for other movies too. Now that all the Star Wars movies are released there isn't much new Star Wars news.

It's very possible that the last book will come out on July 7th. Considering the last four books (to my knowledge) have come out at around that date, and assuming we allow a two-year gap since the last one like the previous four, it's more than likely. Marketing would be a field day, and they could play on the apparently magical properties of the number 7.

It's very possible that the last book will come out on July 7th. Considering the last four books (to my knowledge) have come out at around that date, and assuming we allow a two-year gap since the last one like the previous four, it's more than likely. Marketing would be a field day, and they could play on the apparently magical properties of the number 7.

Books 1 and 3 were the only ones not to be released in the June/July period. They both came out in September.

Well, they would probably delay the book before they delay the movie.  

1. It would give her more time to write it.

2. Once the final book is released a lot of people will lose interest in the series. It will be over for them. No more questions to be answered. Its sort of like that for other movies too. Now that all the Star Wars movies are released there isn't much new Star Wars news.

what does more time to write it mean?

Nothing. There is no set time to write a novel. And there is no correlation between the length of time to write a book and the quality of the book

As for interest, of course it will diminish, afterall nothing stays at the pinnacle forever.

again, you mistake time for quality, and it doesn't work that way.

Look at Thomas Harris' last book Hannibal, 10 years in the making and it was a piece of shit.

Look at Thomas Harris' last book Hannibal, 10 years in the making and it was a piece of shit.

So what? In this case, it wouldn't hurt. And Hannibal was not bad, it was just challenging and difficult, especially with all of those Italian names and words I had trouble recognising and remembering. I struggled through it, but it was worth it.

So what? In this case, it wouldn't hurt. And Hannibal was not bad, it was just challenging and difficult, especially with all of those Italian names and words I had trouble recognising and remembering. I struggled through it, but it was worth it.

I liked Hannibal a lot too. Though Verger's sister and the electric eal were a bit too much, I thought it made for an excllent read.

I'd rather a well written, edited and polished book released in 2009 than a rushed hack-job released in 2007.

What's your point? She wrote the others in the same amount of time. It's jsut that the last two severely lacked editing.

there was nothing wrong with the editing, both books were critically praised,

no Hannibal is panned by so many critics and fans alike, include Thomas Harris who admitted it was a piece of shit too.

there was nothing wrong with the editing, both books were critically praised,  

no Hannibal is panned by so many critics and fans alike, include Thomas Harris who admitted it was a piece of shit too.

Joe, you should know better than to encourage conformity to the opinion of the masses. ;)

What if Rowlings dies in an accident with her manuscript destroyed?

K.M.

Then the last book should never be made. If she can't write the last book, then no one should write the last book.

that is the plan if she should die too. Her fandom left in eternal limbo

Seeing the manuscripts would be a good thing I think, maybe at least enough material to make a movieo out of them without having someone else finish her book.

Well, the final chapter of Book 7 is already written and hidden away somewhere...she should leave a DaVinci-esque code just before her death that only her most loyal fans could decipher, leading them to the final mauscript.

Ray Barnsbury

If I had been left with just book 5 as the finale, I would've been fine with that :|. I don't like the idea of hanging on with book 6 as the last Potter book.

Tim

Well, the final chapter of Book 7 is already written and hidden away somewhere...she should leave a DaVinci-esque code just before her death that only her most loyal fans could decipher, leading them to the final mauscript.

Ray Barnsbury

I'm writing my own novel,about ancient symbols and cryptex that lead to the Shrine of Towner,where lie hidden the recording sessions of Temple of Doom.

K.M.

She said she may change a bit in that last chapter.

Also does anyone remeber that John Williams signed for both HP 3 & 4.

do you think he left because he wanted to do Memoirs, or he was to tired after PoA, or bec he didn't get the Oscar.

John Williams for HP.

Ray Barnsbury

I'm writing my own novel,about ancient symbols and cryptex that lead to the Shrine of Towner,where lie hidden the recording sessions of Temple of Doom.

K.M.

oh great another "original" clone of the DaVinci Code.

According to this article, Helena Bonham Carter has been cast as Bellatrix Lestrange in Order of the Phoenix, replacing Helen McCrory, who apparently pulled out because of her pregnancy.

Also, Apple Brook has reportedly been cast as Professor Grubbly-Plank.

According to this article, Helena Bonham Carter has been cast as Bellatrix Lestrange

:angry: If this is true, it's either one of my previously posted wishes realised or (and I'm afraid this is probably closer to the truth) something I should have wished for but for some reason criminally overlooked.

Wonderful! I don't know who McCrory is, but Helena Bonham Carter would be good for that role, small though it may be.

Morlock- who is trying to remain hopeful that the film won't be as bad as GoF, as unlikely as that is.

I really really hope they decided to drop the entire pet Giant subplot. I don't see how it would work without the movie feeling over-stuffed and chaotic. Plus, it's not exactly the most interesting or important thing to have happened in the series :?

Tim

They haven't I read they were shooting that.It was too much in the book too,those chapters were painful to read.

K.M.

There was a report on Mugglenet a while back that the Grawp scenes had indeed been filmed. There was even an actor's name thrown around that was either supposed to be Grawp's on-set stand in or his voice. More likely the former, since voice only casting usually isn't done until much later.