Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought she pretty much nailed the part. I read somewhere that she's just like that in real life, which is kind of weird, but it definitely works for Luna.

Yeah, I thought she pretty much nailed the part. I read somewhere that she's just like that in real life, which is kind of weird, but it definitely works for Luna.

She is indeed see http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=hjZJnqEKjb0&...feature=related from 1:30 very sweet :lol:

If anyone else has seen the UK series Skins, Cassie is everything I imagined Luna to be. Airy fairy, going "oh wow" a lot. Only without the eating disorders, heavy drug use, promiscuous sex etc....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So... has anyone seen the new trailer?

I'm talking about it here, so don't read on until you've seen it!

I like it a lot. It's concise yet enticing, and gets me pumped for the film. It's probably the best teaser for a Potter film aside from the "Double Trouble" PoA one (which of course will never be equalled). I love the moment when Dumbledore sets the cabinet on fire and Tom's face is intrigued. And I'm officially scared of young Tom Riddle. :P

~Sturgis, remembering the horrible first trailer for GoF, and pleased that this is much better

its an excellent teaser, creepy and intriging, Fiennes is excellent playing the younger Tom Riddle

I love how Voldemort's face flashes over Tom's, seems like a great trailer.

Dumbledore looks much more aged, which is appropriate, as he was weakened by the ring.

And if that is music from the film, then Hooper's scored once more.

I'm really excited!

Yes, I'm very impressed with the trailer. I particularly like that it focused on the serious elements of the plot - I was worried the marketing would be geared on the various romantic subplots from the books. I don't mind them of course - but the best parts of the book have to do with the serious stuff.

Also interesting is a glimpse of the extra fight sequence. A wise move I thought, as there is precious little action in the book save for the intense finale so it made sense to add an attack on the Burrow at Christmas. One other thing I have noticed is how dark the film is - not in subject matter, Potter has always been a dark story - but visually the colours are quite dull and subtle (more than usual). I'm not sure if that will be the overall look of the movie, and if so how it will affect the lighter subplots. Order of the Phoenix was quite colourful except in the last act.

I'm very, very excited for this film.

Good teaser. Though I would have preferred it to simply be material from the Dumbledore/Riddle meeting. It feels a bit unbalanced, with the opening of it. But it is a good teaser.

I particularly like that it focused on the serious elements of the plot - I was worried the marketing would be geared on the various romantic subplots from the books.

Same here. I half-expected it to show quirky shots of Ron staggering after Lavender, with a voiceover talking about how Harry's about to face his worst enemy yet - HORMONES!!! Thankfully, it focused on the dark Tom Riddle backstory, which is great - if the films keeps the tone of the trailer, I'll be very satisfied.

Dumbledore looks much more aged, which is appropriate, as he was weakened by the ring.

I'm really excited!

Indy4, its July, the movie comes out in Nov., the score probably won't be recorded until next month or Sept.

Yes, I'm very impressed with the trailer. I particularly like that it focused on the serious elements of the plot - I was worried the marketing would be geared on the various romantic subplots from the books. I don't mind them of course - but the best parts of the book have to do with the serious stuff.

Also interesting is a glimpse of the extra fight sequence. A wise move I thought, as there is precious little action in the book save for the intense finale so it made sense to add an attack on the Burrow at Christmas. One other thing I have noticed is how dark the film is - not in subject matter, Potter has always been a dark story - but visually the colours are quite dull and subtle (more than usual). I'm not sure if that will be the overall look of the movie, and if so how it will affect the lighter subplots. Order of the Phoenix was quite colourful except in the last act.

I'm very, very excited for this film.

My thoughts, as well.

But an attack on the Burrow at Christmas?! What's this? Who attacks?

And is that where Harry is running through the woods and Ginny's wand spins out of her hand? I never heard about that, but I suppose it would help the pacing of the film, seeing as how there is very little action, like you said.

My thoughts, as well.

But an attack on the Burrow at Christmas?! What's this? Who attacks?

And is that where Harry is running through the woods and Ginny's wand spins out of her hand? I never heard about that, but I suppose it would help the pacing of the film, seeing as how there is very little action, like you said.

Yes, that is snippets of the new sequence. I believe Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback attack the Burrow but obviously fail.

It's a good idea, as Order of the Phoenix kind of already had the "bad guys simmering in the background for ages and ages before their plan is set in motion at the climax" thing. It's nice to break up the plot with some actual action.

100$ ,pfff...

K.M.Who can see Rowlings milking her HP franchise for the rest of her like

it is her franchise to milk.

Oh, I think I might just buy that.

Good teaser too, btw. Almost felt like a supernatural thriller in some parts. If the movie's as serious as the teaser promises, I'm all for it.

Yes. "Serious" is what I had in my mind after watching it as well. Actually, "serious" worked really well for the first third or so of OOTP; the second half was still good although it mixed the serious with stuff that should have been serious but was instead amusing (oddly enough, it still worked). It fell apart only at the end I think; but they should be able to pretty much follow the book's finale this time, so that might not be a problem. This could be really good!

I'm really excited!

I thought it was a rather dull trailer.

Well this is the HP book with the least action, so the trailer couldn't really be all BOOM BANG like most trailers these days.

I like how they focused on Tom Riddle, as that is the focus of the book.

I still seem to remember Yates referring to HBP as the "sex, drugs, and rock&roll of Harry Potter".

If Hogwarts actually had sex, drugs, and rock and roll like every other school in the entire world, I might actually like Harry Potter.

• 1 month later...

Interesting tidbit about the next score, from a review of an early screening of the film:

The movie score, although we did hear an un-finalized version, was great. They have used some recurring themes, including several from the Prisoner of Azkaban film! I was very in awe to hear the tune to “Something Wicked This Way Comes” set to book six events - so ominous and truly perfect. I have full faith that, when completed, it will be wonderful.

Although it could've been tracked, I suppose.

Interesting tidbit about the next score, from a review of an early screening of the film:
The movie score, although we did hear an un-finalized version, was great. They have used some recurring themes, including several from the Prisoner of Azkaban film! I was very in awe to hear the tune to “Something Wicked This Way Comes” set to book six events - so ominous and truly perfect. I have full faith that, when completed, it will be wonderful.

Although it could've been tracked, I suppose.

Temp track, I'm sure.

Isn't there a possibility, since HBP was to be released in November, that the music is from the actual score, and if they are just synth mockups?

And by the way, there's nothing better for boosting a composer's faith than using music from a guy that wrote for an earlier film of the same series.