Chat Room

Lurker

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just entered the chat and you guys greeted me but I couldn't say anything. Wanted to tell you that I wasn't ignoring you! Not sure if I didn't have a text box because I was on Safari or not, but I switched to IE (which takes a lot for me to open since its a Micro$oft product) and now I'm locked out of the chat (and it looks like everyone else has split! Anyway, didn't want you guys to think I was being rude :)

Hey I did say "appears to be working". :)

With IE on my PC at work, the chat looked okay. Using Opera on the same computer gave me the chat one line at a time, replacing anything that had been said before.

Using Safari at home, like Steven, doesn't even give me the ability to type anything.

Clearly the chat room needs some work. Still, it was a cool diversion from the normal drudgery that is my professional life (if you can call it that).

Neil - who'll continue chatting with people with iChat and M$N Messenger

I'm trapped in limbo in the chat room (which I cannot get into now!) :)

Neil, does Safari not retain your password for the site/forum either? All other sites I have passwords on work automatically, and I could swear it used to work here with Safari, but it hasn't in a while.

In fact--I just had to log in again (after just logging in) to post this message!

Neil, does Safari not retain your password for the site/forum either? All other sites I have passwords on work automatically, and I could swear it used to work here with Safari, but it hasn't in a while.

In fact--I just had to log in again (after just logging in) to post this message!

I have not experienced that problem with Safari. You should be able to stay logged in.

And yes, you are still logging out of the chat room. :)

Neil

Yes, Ive had the same problems.

Ive had to login everytime I want to post, and even then

sometimes I lose my message and have to do it again.

PS it just happened again :)

Yes, Ive had the same problems.

Ive had to login everytime I want to post, and even then

sometimes I lose my message and have to do it again.

I thought we had the "login" bug fixed, but I've been getting a lot of complaints about this lately. I'll pass this on to Andreas.

Neil

I've always wanted to be trapped in a cheesy record album flat looking object whilst hurling through space with a mongloid, a leather chick and that dude from The Phantom Menace ;)

Just checked it out... 5 people keep getting "timed out" w/ an annoying "Bye bye" at the time that they time out. Yet.. and here is where it gets strange... they stay there, then get timed out, and nothing happens. Just constant "bye bye"s and timed out messages.

I just clicked "lets go" and it brought me into the chat window and it then proptly stated that several people had dropped due to "timeout"

so who got a timeout/

wohoo!!!

and once again the day is saved, thanx to...andreas...

how anti climactic...

lol :lurk:

Yeah but some of our old comments can still be read

That is not a bug, its a feature. :lurk:

The chat system saves the last comments.

Andreas ( Admin )

It's Friday, 6pm. Trying to get in, but the chat window won't pop up. It'll sign me into the room so that my name is listed, but no chat window comes up!!! Is there a problem?

It's Friday, 6pm. Trying to get in, but the chat window won't pop up. It'll sign me into the room so that my name is listed, but no chat window comes up!!! Is there a problem?

You have a pop-up blocker working.

Neil