Tragedy of a Star Wars SE booklet and cover

A24

Should we wear white gloves before we read it? What if other people want to take it out? The SW SE's black artwork is so contagious! Before you know it, smeared fingerprints are all that's left of it.

----------------

Alex Cremers

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thanks, Morn. That was very nice of you. Do I need to read it 50 times a day? No, a few times in a lifetime is actually enough to get it smeared. This wouldn't be a problem if they used some other kind of paper, a paper less contagious.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Hehe I don't have that problem at all, rather than the little things that hold the booklet in have damaged some of the paper.

I made CD-R's of these, so I don't have to handle the original discs. As for the books, I still reference them from time to time. I don't wear gloves when doing this. These discs are kept very far away from sunlight though.

Neil

I store CDs in a locker. It prevents sun and dust doing their jobs on them.

As for booklets, I always make sure my hands are degreased, but the idea with gloves haunts me. I don't like fingerprints all around the booklets, too, so I understand.

Yeah, the fingerprints make the CDs look so marginal. The Trilogy box covers suffer the same fate. Hey, maybe there's a way to wipe the fingerprints off, like using steam or something. Who knows?

---------------

Alex cremers

Marian - who also wonders if there's some "cure".

Marian, i'm a screenprinter and i work with all sorts of paper every day, trust me, there is no practical way to remove grease or fingerprints from paper.

Not without seriously damaging the paper itself.

Same problem with all black CD booklets...Hook anyone?

Marian - who also wonders if there's some "cure".

:music: Arena Concerto (Ennio Morricone)

Aah, right! Hook! It seems glossy paper is the bad guy here. It always leave stains. What if they use other paper for the printing?

----------------

Alex Cremers

There are no booklets I specifically look at alot, but I like to every once and a while look through the liner notes. Of course, I love to read Alan Parker's note every once and a while, just to get a little :D every once and a while.

Nice man. Too bad he's stuck with making crap like David Gale, when he made such a great movie like Mississipi Burning.

My booklets are still in good shape,but embossed slieves are ruined.Just taking the booklet out a few times will do that.Sometimes i wish i just bought the slimline edition in jewel cases,I don't care that much for the lazer etched c.d.'s,i' d prefer picture disks..

K.M.

I laminated the slip cases that fit over the books. The finger prints are barely noticable when I read mine. I really don't seem to have the same problem most of you do.