Quidditch - For Brass Choir Quidditch - For Brass Choir

jgraves

I've got the sheet music - anyone record the PBS special where the BSO performed it? It's an AWESOME brass chior performance. I recorded it and then ditched it like an idiot. Help!!!

Jason

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, they cut Williams talking about each piece into the beginning of each piece (probably for time). He spoke over the beginning of each piece for 10 or 15 seconds, but you can still hear the music well in the background. I'd really love to get a copy if anyone recorded it!

Jason

Wel Jason I played that piece some times ago with my orchestra. Really very nice little piece of music.

I can send you a copy of it. However, the performance is of course of a non profesional orchestra!

I actually didn't like the brass choir. There's only so amny brass notes a man can hear in one evening!

And I loved Fluffy's Harp. I think both the harp and the bassoon were played very well.

Williams only talks over it for a few seconds.

And check the trading board- there was a guy a couple of months back who offerred to trade them, that's how I got my copies.

Below is the thread. I found the trade to be very compfortable, and very worth it. Two great concerts, worth just for the Indy piece, or the Harry Potter suite or the Catch me if you can suite, or the Citizen Kane piece, or the silent movies piece........... Worth it for everything in short.

http://www.jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpB...iewtopic&t=4059

I've seen it dozens of times. I only wish they didn't have the director's cut-- it adds some great things, but it also adds a couple of unnessecary scenes, which stick out in an otherwise perfect movie.

I think it's Forman's greatest achievment, IMO much better than his flawed and misunderstood One Flew Over a Cooku's Nest (although that's still a great movie).

lik holidays and anniversaries!?!?!?!?

I know for a fact that you signed up here May 20, 2002. That's an anniversary, right?

Neil - 4/14 (proving I know somethings...:music: )