Star Wars TV show?

Morn

Sources for The Force.net <http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml> have told the website about a tantalizing rumor: there might be a proposal for a post-EPISODE III STAR WARS TV show on someone's desk. The Force.net hears speculation that the premise of the show follows the infamous and terrifying rise to power of Sith Lord Darth Vader between the purge of the Jedi Knights and the start of A NEW HOPE.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have said that about the stargate show but it turned out better than the movie.

I think it would be best to start it post-ROTJ because that way the show has more freedom and you can have a way to explain Lukes aging. :P

This'll turn out to be just like the Star Wars christmas special with Chebacca on his home planet celebrating "Life Day"

I wouldn't.

Which reminds me, I had a dream last night that Episode III came out and everybody hated both the movie and score more than the first two prequels. Apparently it was Williams on auto-drive and Lucas at an extremely poor job.

I wouldn't.

Which reminds me, I had a dream last night that Episode III came out and everybody hated both the movie and score more than the first two prequels. Apparently it was Williams on auto-drive and Lucas at an extremely poor job.

I think you had a dream of the past, you only saw an extra "I" in Episode II.

The new theme, yes. The music, it was good but not that great. As you said, Williams was on auto pilot there. Lucas should have asked Lawrence Kasdan or someone talented to write the screenplay.

Impossible! Williams do badly at a Star Wars score?

I never thought it possible either, but then I heard the dreaded Attack of The Clones

I agree with Morn. Any TV project should be set POST-ROTJ.

It would allow for more freedom in storylines plus it would not have the "stigma" of the Prequels hanging over it.

I hope they will not go on with this. Star Wars should stick to the big screen.

- Marc, who finds the Clone Wars cartoons to be too insignificant to be counted as Star Wars.

The main problem I had with Clone Wars, was that it was only action. I watched all of the first ten episodes after each other, and looking at 30 minutes of cartoon battles just annoyed me. No character development, hardly any plot other than "good guys fight bad guys in spectacular battle". One could argue that these cartoons can not greatly affect the characters, as they are not supposed to influence Episode III, but it still bothered me when watching the series. And Obi-Wan acted very, very out of character. "Now where were we? Oh yes, you were about to surrender." What the -- ?

- Marc, who will watch the final 10 episodes all the same.

The main problem I had with Clone Wars, was that it was only action. I watched all of the first ten episodes after each other, and looking at 30 minutes of cartoon battles just annoyed me. No character development, hardly any plot other than "good guys fight bad guys in spectacular battle". One could argue that these cartoons can not greatly affect the characters, as they are not supposed to influence Episode III, but it still bothered me when watching the series. And Obi-Wan acted very, very out of character. "Now where were we? Oh yes, you were about to surrender." What the -- ?

Marc, I agree. Great Animation, but the plot blows. Plus the 3-5 minute concept sucks. How about a 30 minute episode, instead of a 3-5 minute one. That way they would include all the little intricaties of the Star Wars saga, instead of nothing but action. I really wanted a great plot, especially since the Tartovsky had a hand in creating Samurai Jack, one of the best cartoons on the television. But sadly, Clone Wars pails in comparison to the likes of Samurai Jack. I'll just have to wait and see the last episodes.

I thought they had some pretty sweet new ships in that. Kinda like KOTOR.

Dan--who is more likely to love a cartoon/film/TV show because of its art design before he notices anything else about it