A cry for help.

Hi.

This is virtually the firstr time in 3 days I have been able to get into the MB or any other page at JWFAN.NET.

Since firiday night every time i try to open a page it loads very...very...slowly, but ultimatly does not open at all.

While every other site i visit runs perfectly fine.

I use IE normally, and i've tested othere browsers today (Netscape, Opera, Mozilla) and i'm past deleting my cookies and temp internet files.

Anyone have any idea what could cause only 1 site not to open, while evey other works fine?

Although it's slightly better now, it still took me 15 minutes just to open a POST A NEW TOPIC window.

Stefancos- suffering from JWFAN.NET withdrawl symptoms. :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say its just your browser reacting badly with this site... Ive had that happen before, but switching browsers fixed it... I dont know whats wrong, but ill look into it

xbox-always looking for new puzzles

This thread risks running off topic if I reply to that, but im gonna make sure we keep on topic.

You comp has been restated since right?>

Ohh browser, pah, I doubt it, more likely to be a connection problem, so use a proxy server and you can access the site through the proxy server.

i'm sorry stefan, i was wondering where you had gone.

If Steef can't get back on and Ren has a snow day and goes on a posting spree.......this could get interesting.

Neil

Yeah hurry back, I need somebody to criticize my posts and remind me of how much of an idiot I am

oy, what a waste of space post. We reallly didn't need your input mr. questionshissexuality man.

your such a dumass

;)

your such a dumass

Didn't he write The Three Musketeers?

Oh wait, that was "Dumas" and you meant to say "dumb ass".

Neil - :roll:

Ahh thats Neil laying down some hurt right there.

Come on folks! Settle down no need for name calling. That sort of thing is VERY petty.

Xbox please forego from using further insults like that. It just brings the whole tranquiltiy of this board down. ;)

I wonder how we would all get along if we were all stranded on an island together?

It would be like one of those movies where everyone is civil for like 5 minutes and then Morn is being cooked and devoured while the rest of us worship the Pagan God "Williams" with human sacrifice. ;)

Neil is only a moderator, and he owns a Mac, so he's the only help i would expect from him is a link to a site were I can buy an iMac.

The reason for my troubles over the weekend, and the sudden dissapearance of those problems are a complete enigma to me, but right now i'm just glad that I can get into my own home again.

Before it was usurped by Queen Renovia I

Neil owns a Mac??

Errrrr ..... never was into those. Especially being a PC gamer. The selection of games on Mac is appaling. Personally I always found that (despite Apple's claims) PC's were significantly easier to use than Mac's.

the question of "how would we get along if we were stranded on a a desert island" is an intriguing one. .joe, care to take a shot???

and yes XboX some of those remarks are definitely not "too" cool even as jokes. but we already chatted about that LOL

the question of "how would we get along if we were stranded on a a desert island" is an intriguing one. .joe, care to take a shot???

Done :)

Argh... Yes, I had the same problem. I tried to get into the chat Friday night, but it took 20 friggin' minutes to get to the Chat Room page. Over the weekend, I could not access the site as well. Everything's working fine now, though. Thank God. :)

- Marc

Argh... Yes, I had the same problem. I tried to get into the chat Friday night, but it took 20 friggin' minutes to get to the Chat Room page. Over the weekend, I could not access the site as well. Everything's working fine now, though. Thank God. :)

- Marc

Strange, i wonder if it was a Dutch thing.

Errrrr ..... never was into those. Especially being a PC gamer. The selection of games on Mac is appaling. Personally I always found that (despite Apple's claims) PC's were significantly easier to use than Mac's.

That's fine. I was never into games. PC easier than a Mac? I don't think so. Try OS X.

Neil

I you're gonna knock macs, you're going to have to do better than that. GUI design and ease of use is what they're known for.

Unless you're novice microcomputer user (to whom the Mac has been historically more friendly), the ease of use probably depends on what you're used to. If, say, you'd memorized all the keyboard shortcuts for Windows XP, you'd probably find navigating MacOS a lot less natural.

...and, um, to tie this to John Williams, I wonder which operating system he uses... (assuming he e-mails and such).

. . .the ease of use probably depends on what you're used to.  If, say, you'd memorized all the keyboard shortcuts for Windows XP, you'd probably find navigating MacOS a lot less natural.

And vice versa. I know a lot of Mac users who would be hopelessly lost on a PC. Familiarity issues aside, independant evaluations of both systems usually put macs on top- at least in this one area.

...and, um, to tie this to John Williams, I wonder which operating system he uses... (assuming he e-mails and such).

I also would be curious to know.

Well I didn't post yesterday and NOBODY MISSED ME YET!

I actually did think yesterday that I haven't seen you around much. You haven't been on AIM lately and I noticed that yuor posting here has cut back.

I just didn't say anything.

Neil

QMM, is your name joe?

Where did that come from?

Ren asked, "joe, care to take a shot???".

I thought it was Max . . . and Nick right?

Man, Nja's smart

nja

Neil