Oh dear God...

Beowulf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is one show that i never actually got to watch much of.  i did watch much of the lois and clark stuff though.

I'm sorry to hear that. Not so much about missing "Smallville" but actually watching a dopey Superman show they had the audacity to call "Lois and Clark".

Neil

I think Ender fancies Smallville's Lois more. He dreaming out loud about a shower scene with her.

Wow, you really got me.

By the way, there's no Lois in Smallville.

By the way, there's no Lois in Smallville.

Details, details. Replace the name with the name of that character of Smallville you picture yourself taking a shower.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Details, details. Replace the name with the name of that character of Smallville you picture yourself taking a shower.

You sure seem to have your mind on her. :)

Justin

No, he's the only person that can play the part. Observe....

George Reeves

Christopher Reeve

Keanu Reeves

Seeing a pattern develop? This is also why I can never consider Dean Cain a real Superman. Plus, we already know that Keanu can fly.

Neil

Hey I have an idea, since this film has been in developement hell for the last 4 years, why don't they just step away and not make it?

I really don't want to see Superman done in the awful Charlies Angels / overrated Matrix style of film making.

Do we really need to keep re-making Superman???

What's next? Gone With The Wind directed by Michael Bay???? Smokey and The Bandit done in the styel of Fast & The Furious????

The Sting done in a gangsta hip hop style????

Not every damn film needs to be remade.

"By now you will have reached your eighteenth year, as it is measured on earth. By that reckoning, I will have been dead for many thousands of your years."

"Whoa."

Neil

No, he's the only person that can play the part.  Observe....

George Reeves

Christopher Reeve

Keanu Reeves

Seeing a pattern develop?  This is also why I can never consider Dean Cain a real Superman.

Surely you can't be serious. Consider Dean Cain what you want, but the last name pattern has to be a joke.

Right?

No, he's the only person that can play the part.  Observe....

George Reeves

Christopher Reeve

Keanu Reeves

Seeing a pattern develop?  This is also why I can never consider Dean Cain a real Superman.

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious, and don't call me "Shirley".

Neil

I am serious, and don't call me "Shirley".  

8O

NICE ONE!!!

Heh Heh! I love that movie. Man I wish Leslie Neilsen was still doing comedies regularly. That guy is hilarious. Alot funnier than most of these younger "comedians".

"By now you will have reached your eighteenth year, as it is measured on earth.  By that reckoning, I will have been dead for many thousands of your years."

That is one thing that always seemed like a plot hole to me... Jor-el sends his son to Earth and during the voyage he is "taught" physics, math, human history etc. If Jor-El would have been dead for "many thousands" of Clarks years, how could Jor-el have taught Kal-el about Earths history? You can clearly hear Jor-el mention Einstein during Kal-els voyage.

If Jor-el died "many thousands" of earth years before Clark turned 18, his only knowledge of Earth people would be that they are a primitive people.

Heh Heh! I love that movie. Man I wish Leslie Neilsen was still doing comedies regularly. That guy is hilarious.

I sure don't, have you ever seen Spy Hard, Wrongfully Accused...? Real stinkers. Nielsen is only funny when there's a Zucker behind the camera. Now, I wish THEY were still doing comedy!

Heh Heh! I love that movie. Man I wish Leslie Neilsen was still doing comedies regularly. That guy is hilarious.

I sure don't, have you ever seen Spy Hard, Wrongfully Accused...? Real stinkers. Nielsen is only funny when there's a Zucker behind the camera. Now, I wish THEY were still doing comedy!

WHOA WHOA!

Dont blame those movies on Neilsen dude.

Those movies were onoly lacking due to the fact that they had weak scripts.

Neilsen had no part in making those movies as unfunny as they were.

As for the Zucker Bros. I am with you 100% one that. I wish they were still making comedies.

David Zucker directed Scary Movie 3.

Though, one can argue if that's a comedy.

Stefancos- who thinks the spoof genre collapsed under it's own success.

I disagree, spoof comedies just aren't smart anymore. Like everything else, they've been dumbed down to appeal to 10 year olds, who don't appreciate more subtle humor.

The Scary Movie franchise is a perfect example of this. The Scary Movies just recreate well known scenes from horror/scary movies but throw in sexual and drug/alcohol related gags. The "scripts" do nothing more than simply get the characters from one spoof to another. Its more like bad sketch comedy.

Now take Airplane, a spoof of the Airport films. Airplane is just a zany film that takes place on an airplane. If the Airport series had never been made, Airplane would still be a funny movie. Would the Scary Movies be funny to anyone who has no knowledge of Signs, The Ring, Scream, The Matrix, The Sixth Sense, etc.?? No, they would make no sense.

But Airplane is a funny movie and you don't have to have seen the Airports to "get" the jokes. I know this because I just saw Airport for the first time recently but I've seen Airplane dozens of times and it still makes me laugh!

So...basically you agree with me.

The 80's, early 90's ZAZ comedies were indeed great because they managed to stand on their own, you did not have to see Top Gun to understand how hilarious Hot Shots is.

All these that were done in the mid to late 90's basically recycle material we have all seen before, the inspiration seems to have vanished, and thus the appeal.

It's just a matter of time till we will see a spoof film that is a spoof of The Naked Gun series, Airplane and Top Secret.

Kind of like Men in Tights???? LOL

I don't like many comedians of today . . .it's just potty mouth humour. i like bill cosby. .the MASTER comedian.

So...basically you agree with me.

The 80's, early 90's ZAZ comedies were indeed great because they managed to stand on their own, you did not have to see Top Gun to understand how hilarious Hot Shots is.

All these that were done in the mid to late 90's basically recycle material we have all seen before, the inspiration seems to have vanished, and thus the appeal.

It's just a matter of time till we will see a spoof film that is a spoof of The Naked Gun series, Airplane and Top Secret.

Stefancos- who thinks the spoof genre collapsed under it's own success.

No, I'm saying they aren't funny anymore, you said they collapsed under their own success. They still make boatloads of money, they just aren't funny anymore.

Ben Stiller has played the same guy just about everywhere I've seen him.

Jim Carrey is hillarious off screen but, much like Robin Williams (whom I concider the funniest man alive), his movies are hit and miss.

I think he's been in some good movies, like Batman Returns, Dumb and Dumber, The Mask, Liar Liar, Bruce Almighty and the great Truman Show , but I can't stand Ace Ventura, Me Myself and Irene, The Grinch, Cable Guy or Man on The Moon

Yeah, Along Came Polly was just about exactly the same as Something About Mary except with Anniston in Diaz's place and being less funny.

I do think that the two funniest guys alive are Carrey and Williams. Williams hasn't really done a big comedy for a long time though and it will be interesting on seeing what he's planning next.

It's great that Carrey isn't pumping out yearly movies and sort of takes his time now, seeing Bruce Almighty after his long hiatus on comedies made it that much better by thinking to yourself "Hey i remember this guy"

I think he's been in some good movies, like Batman Returns

Batman Forever :D

Max