• America: The Dream Goes On
    • Fanfare for Michael Dukakis
    • Celebrate Discovery
    • Pops on the March
    • Olympic Spirit
    • Treesong
    • American Journey
    • Other (please indicate below)

Many times, when I hear what Williams has named a concert piece, I groan and smile. Corny titling is a trait he shares with Lucas. Maybe that's why they get along. I stayed to concert pieces, and added "Olympic Fever" in there because it deserves a good ribbing. Pieces like "We Don't Wanna Grow Up," from hook might be forgiven because it was more dictated by the film.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Map Room: Dawn" from Raiders of the Lost Ark. They clearly indicate that the sun doesn't hit the map room until 9 am, which is well past dawn.

Neil

So it's corny? That's like nominating Welcome to Jurassic Park, when it's actually the main characters flying away from the island, followed by the End Credits.

- Marc, :devil:

"The Map Room:  Dawn" from Raiders of the Lost Ark.  They clearly indicate that the sun doesn't hit the map room until 9 am, which is well past dawn.

Neil

What if he meant dawn in the Map Room? Meaning the moment the sun comes up (dawn) inside the room, not outside.

"To Lenny! To Lenny!" gets my vote. And you're right Jeshopk about the Williams-Lucas similarities when it comes to corny names. Good call. I've also always been struck by Williams' choice of very standard, matter-of-fact and descriptive titles for the tracks and cues from his albums. I guess he uses all his imagination composing the pieces rather than naming them... :devil:

CYPHER

Imagine Lenny is a character from a movie called The City Sleeps. Suppose Lenny works at a neuclear power plant as a maintenance man and by the end of the story he single-handedly saves the plant and the city with millions of people from destruction. Afterwards a toast is held to honor Lenny. "To Lenny! To Lenny!" which is track 16 on the The City Sleeps' imaginary soundtrack and another Williams masterpiece. No, I think when seen in context the title might work.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I guess his brain is wired for notes and not for words.  

Though Williams wrote the Exultate Justi and the Rosewood Lyrics and those are better than the lyrics other people wrote. He also wrote the "Merry Christmas" Home Alone 2 lyrics, I believe. Of course the rest was Bricusse.

i just keep seeing bricusse (and newley) everywhere i look lately. . . .at some bond soundtrack i was looking at. . ..pure imagination. . . .