Still want Indy IV?

NeejaHalycon

Now that it may finally happen, do you still want it?  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• Oh Yeah! Now where did I put that fedora...
    • Heck No! It's been too long.

Superman The Movie GREAT

The Omen GREAT

Lethal Weapon GREAT

Lethal Weapon II GREAT

Lethal Weapon III GREAT

Lethal Weapon 4 GREAT

The Goonies GREAT

Maverick GREAT

And then i'm not even listing the ones that are just GOOD.

Superman The Movie 1/3 GREAT, PERFECT 2/3 STUPID

The Omen EFFECTIVE and FUN and OVER THE TOP

Lethal Weapon OVERRATED, AGED

Lethal Weapon II DITTO

Lethal Weapon 4 VERY FUN, DON'T REMEMBER THE REST

The Goonies EXTREMELY GREAT

Maverick EXTREMELY GREATER

Ladyhawke ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC IN EVERYTHING BUT MUSIC

Concpiracy Theory ENTERTAINING

Assassins BAD AND POINTLESS

And then I'm not even listing the ones that I just HAVN'T SEEN.

Morlock - :|

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superman The Movie GREAT
agree

The Omen GREAT

agree

Lethal Weapon GREAT

I'd say very good

Lethal Weapon II GREAT

I agree, best of the lot

Lethal Weapon III GREAT

poor, should have stopped at 2

Lethal Weapon 4 GREAT

awful film, waste of talent

The Goonies GREAT

agree

Maverick GREAT

I'd say merely good.

I would say

Conspiracy Theory, very good. Any film that has Patrick Stewart as a nasty villian cannot be all bad.

I'm with Stefan on Richard Donner. I think the guy is a great director.

Hes done some lackluster movies but the fault of them was more due to the script than his direction.

He is usually top notch.

Lethal Weapon is a great story about a sucidal man coming to find something to live for Lethal Weapon 2 is just dumb action and a dumb typical plot, it's just bad, much like Aliens was.

Lethal Weapon is a great story about a sucidal man coming to find something to live for Lethal Weapon 2 is just dumb action and a dumb typical plot, it's just bad, much like Aliens was.

You thought Aliens was a bad movie!?!?!? :|

That movie is almost always universally praised.

I thought Lethal Weapon 2 was dark like the way TESB was. LW was kind of optimistic and funny (even though it dealed with Riggs' suicidal depression). LW2 was dark, considering the fact that Riggs started falling in love with Patsy Kensit, then the bad guys kill her. Then Mel goes pre-Braveheart on 'em all. Oh wait, no...he gets shot and Murtaugh takes care of the South African fellow. I can't remember. I just remember the movie was dark like TESB.

Dan--who thinks the cinematography in them all--especially the night scenes--looks great

:) "Face Huggers" from Aliens ;)

I thougth Ford's comedic acting in Hollywood Homicide was forced and unfunny.I hope he hasn't lost his timing for Indy..i'm a bit worried.

I thougth Ford's comedic acting in Hollywood Homicide was forced and unfunny.I hope he hasn't lost his timing for Indy..i'm a bit worried.

Forced seems to be his new last name now instead of Ford. :)

----------------

Alex Cremers

Btw I don't regard Superman a good movie.

Oh dear, here we go again.

I'm sorry. So it has been said before?? :)

It seems some people have very strong feelings (pro and con) regarding that movie.

Neil

I liked MOST of Superman.

The only part I disliked was the horrible "turning back the world" ending which was so cheesy it made people lactose intolerant upon viewing it.

I didn't like anything with Smallville, Lois, or Superman. What I did like were the Lex Luthor scenes. Those were brilliant, done by good actors.

Forced seems to be his new last name now instead of Ford. 8O

The story goes after Jedi finished filming, Ford and Hamill were signing autographs for the crew. Hamill wrote "May the Force be with You" while Ford wrote "Force Yourself".

Neil

He was good enough in Six Days Seven Nights, just 6 years ago. Indy should inspire him to his full ablities. :D

Forced seems to be his new last name now instead of Ford. :D

The story goes after Jedi finished filming, Ford and Hamill were signing autographs for the crew. Hamill wrote "May the Force be with You" while Ford wrote "Force Yourself".

Neil

Speaking for myself, I liked Hollywood Homicide. I could've done without the sex scene, and it seems Ford and Hartnett weren't quite clicking all the time, but there was some pretty funny dialogue. Ford marveling at Harnett's yoga racket was good, also most of the real estate jokes were well done.

The only part I disliked was the horrible "turning back the world" ending

well you might as well plan on disliking PoA.

K.M.

Oh no, don't even compare the two!!! The PoA ending (in the book at least) never seems forced or cheesy. It's tied into the plot in ways forecasted before it actually occurs, which alone makes it better than the awful Superman cop-out.

Ray Barnsbury

I liked Hollywood Homicide.

So did I.

Neil

I was expecting to like it, despite the reviews, but was dissapointed. It just never clicked into place. But I liked the fact that Martin Landau was a composer. Too bad they didn't do anything with that.

Ford Ford Ford Ford, I hope he fights the soviets. Not your average KGB or security soviets like a Bond movie, I think the Soviets could be used in similar ways to the nazi's, it never occured to me it would have to be like a Bond movie. :)

What would you think of Ralph Fiennes as Indy?

12m.jpg

Hey, good thinking. Or Ralph Fiennes as Indy's super enemy in Indy 4 would make the movie pretty interesting too. Some kinda genius competition archaeologist that's giving Forced a real bad time. Hey, I dig already!

----------------

Alex Cremers

Damn cremer, sign up as an advisor to Lucas now. :)

Oh, if only he would listen to me...the movies would be...up to par with his older work. But chances are, that if I'm actually standing face to face with Lucas, my mind too will be hypnotized. "Sure Mr. Lucas, that's great! Hahaha! Look at Yoda jumping! That's so cool, Mr. Lucas. Shall I bring you your morning cup of tea?"

----------------

Alex Cremers

The only part I disliked was the horrible "turning back the world" ending

well you might as well plan on disliking PoA.

K.M.

Why?

Does Potter fly into the sky and push the moon around the world turning back time in that story as well? :)

Does Potter fly into the sky and push the moon around the world turning back time in that story as well?  ;)

Superman pushed the moon to block the sun in Superman IV. He never touched the moon in Superman - The Movie. :roll:

Neil

Do I want Indy IV? No, I still enjoy some sanity left.

I could go on and explain why I don't want it. But then I remember what Neil said on summer 2002 about the upcoming Indy movie (Neil quoting some Trek character): "You may find more pleasure in wanting than in having."

Wisest thing that can be said about this kind of late sequels. And about of other things in life too.

(Neil quoting some Trek character): "You may find more pleasure in wanting than in having."

Wisest thing that can be said about this kind of late sequels. And about of other things in life too.

Mr. Spock completely dissed his arranged bride-to-be with that line (or something very close to it) in the classic episode "Amok Time". And I still believe in those words, however I don't remember saying that in 2002, but I'll trust Ross with this. 8O

Neil

(Neil quoting some Trek character): "You may find more pleasure in wanting than in having."

Trek still sucks though right? Oh sorry you haven't seen any of it.

Justin - 8O

Mr. Spock completely dissed his arranged bride-to-be with that line (or something very close to it) in the classic episode "Amok Time". And I still believe in those words, however I don't remember saying that in 2002, but I'll trust Ross with this. 8O

Neil

That episode had the cool fight music.

It's been spoofed many times before Family Guy. Eddie Murphy did a routine in one of his stand up shows, Jim Carrey's movie The Cable Guy had it.

Neil

That episode had the cool fight music.

What made the TOS fight music classic was that it was the same in EVERY episode. Ba-ba-ba-baaaa...dum-DUM...ba-ba-ba-baDA.

And can you blame Spock? Not only was his bride fooling around, but she picked his friend to fight him.

What made the TOS fight music classic was that it was the same in EVERY episode.  Ba-ba-ba-baaaa...dum-DUM...ba-ba-ba-baDA.

Not every fight. That music wasn't written until the second season, and I'm not sure it was ever used in the third season. It was used again in season two, but not for every fight. It is great music though.

Neil

So now Lucas isn't happy with Frank's draft? The longer this takes the more convinced I become that no good can come from a 4th Indy film.

Remember how Will Smith and co waited 5 or 6 years for MIBII, how the wanted to wait for a quality story and script?

Of course we know how that piece of censored that film turned out to be.

Let it rest guys, let it rest.....

Probably doesn't have enough bad dialogue,  kids and CGI creatures....

Exactly! Lucas has to ruin it for us like he does everything he is involved with nowadays.