So....Harry, Jason, Ray... (a new era)

Director

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here again! It's been a few days, and it's taken me forever to get caught up with everything.

Dan- My favorite Disney Parks are MGM and the Magic Kingdom (gotta love Splash/Space/Thunder Mountain). Rock'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror are great rides! And actually, I am going again this February, with my high school band. We are marching in a Magic Kingdom parade and playing during Illuminations at EPCOT. We also get to have a three-hour sight reading session and record the music to part of a scene from a previous Disney movie. I'm really excited, it shoul be great!

Ray Barnsbury

Thanks guys! And just to clarify, my band is recording a scene of music to an already released Disney movie, just for out own personal enjoyment. Not a commercial release. :music:

On a side note, thanks to your advice Dan (and my dad's help), I just bought the Mrs. Doubtfire soundtrack from e-bay. I like it a lot, although it's a little different than Shore's most recent score.;)

Ray Barnsbury

Thanks Hector, I'm looking forward to it. And I guess I need to clarify one more thing: we're playing at EPCOT at the American Adventure with some sort of guest singer. Not at Illuminations like I said.

Ray Barnsbury-who would like to play JW music in Disney World

WOW-

Dan I can't believe you went there either!!!!!! :twisted: :music:

Talk to me guys!!!! I feel left out!

~Ren, who is "sort of " joking :)

I hope Harry does well. May Hermione be with him!

Well, I just got Harry Potter on DVD today. My brother and I watched some of the special features, they were pretty cool. Although we couldn't find the deleted scence-the menus are kind of cryptic. Anyway, it'll be fun to watch it this weekend. Also, my dad got our tickets for JW's Cleveland show today, so that's another good thing. I guess that's about it . . . hmmm . . . so . . . anything else going on? :music:

So Hector, a whole day with Hermione? Must take a lot to get Hermione to skip school! Ummm . . . shall I say . . . score? :confused:

Ray Barnsbury-who is reminded that Hermione is stll a minor . . .

As long as you kept your wand in your pocket, you should be fine.

Ray Barnsbury-going to bed as this conversation has gone exactly where it shouldn't :devil:

As long as you kept your wand in your pocket, you should be fine.

Ray Barnsbury-going to bed as this conversation has gone exactly where it shouldn't :devil:

You´re the one that´s going that way... :mad:

Also, my dad got our tickets for JW's Cleveland show today, so that's another good thing.  I guess that's about it . . .  hmmm . . . so . . . anything else going on?  :devil:

Where did you get tickets for? Mine are close, I think, but I don't know. I have some for the left section of section 1, 4th row. I hope they are good seats.

Oh, I've been here, but I just haven't been posting much. I've been waiting for Director, but I don't know when he's coming back, so I guess I'll just post now.

~Harry

I've also been trying not to post wildly. I don't know how long that will last, but I've only been posting where I thought I actually had something good to say.

~Harry, who sees Hector wants to pass him

Dan- My favorite Disney Parks are MGM and the Magic Kingdom (gotta love Splash/Space/Thunder Mountain).  Rock'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror are great rides!  And actually, I am going again this February, with my high school band.  We are marching in a Magic Kingdom parade and playing during Illuminations at EPCOT.  We also get to have a three-hour sight reading session and record the music to part of a scene from a previous Disney movie.  I'm really excited, it shoul be great!  

Ray Barnsbury

I love all those rides, Ray. Have you been on "Test Trac" at EPCOT yet? It's really cool. I also love "The Great Movie Ride" at MGM as well as "The Backlot Tour" -- but that's my nature anyways. And you gotta love the "Indiana Jones Adventure". Have you ever eaten at the "50s Prime-Time Café"? You should definitely check it out. It's really cool and they have pretty good food. And I encourage you to stay and watch "Fantasmic" is you haven't already......it really is incredible and very nostalgic and full of fun. It's next to the Tower.

Congrats on the recording gig. Do you know where exactly you will record it at? I'm assuming it will be at MGM. But do you know what stage?

You'll have lots of fun, though. Good luck!

Director - a lover of the Disney parks

...thanks to your advice Dan (and my dad's help), I just bought the Mrs. Doubtfire soundtrack from e-bay.  I like it a lot, although it's a little different than Shore's most recent score.:)  

Ray Barnsbury

You're welcome. I'm glad you found and were able to buy a copy. I think it's a great score. It's VERY different from Howie's work these days, but it's still great to see how he has developed over the years. It's actually pretty admirable and even exciting at times. He's really turning into something great.

Director - a new fan of Howie Shore

WOW-

Dan I can't believe you went there either!!!!!! :twisted:  :)  

~Ren,  

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Anytime, dear.

Director - always pushing the envelope

Oh, I've been here, but I just haven't been posting much.  I've been waiting for Director, but I don't know when he's coming back, so I guess I'll just post now.

~Harry

Awwww, shucks, Harry. Thanks, pal. he he he he I told you I needed to do some work this weekend. And I did tell you that my posting spree would end soon. I wanted to catch up tonite and see how everything else was going on over here before I dive back into work the rest of this week, but I should be able to come back a little tomorrow and/or Thursday afternoon.

I don't promise anything, though.

Ren: Yeah, the DVD was a little immature, but it's still cool, considering that they're marketing it to children. You all don't know where the deleted scenes are??? Go to the classrooms and find the twins! :jump:

Hector: Naughty, Naughty. You want to pass me too, eh? Well.....relax, buddy. :) he he he he

How was everyone's Memorial Day weekend? What did you all do? Go see any movies? Buy any new exciting things?

Jason: You should post more and make me laugh!

Ray: A smart man, you are.....leaving Hector and Ren to do their dirty work...

.....and I'll leave it at that.

Good morning, everyone! See you soon. And, in effort to counter Hector (and Harry), I hereby sign off at 777.

"All best!"

Director - going to sleep in a little bit (6AM)

Ok, catching up on all these posts:

Hector: I know I was getting out of control, I was just joking. Sorry if I made you mad.

Harry-I got tickets for ninth row (you beat me!) center

Dan-So great to talk with another Disney fanatic! Yes, I also enjoy Test Track. I LOVE the Great Movie Ride, and The Backlot Tour and Indy are great as well. And we've eaten at the Prime Time 50's Cafe the past several times we've been there. I like it a lot as well, it's always fun watching the TVs and waiting for someone to get "in trouble" by putting their elbow on the table. I also saw Fantasmic two times ago. I agree, it's very nice. Did you see the Main Street Electrical Parade before they got rid of it? I loved that, it had really great music. Also, last time we were there we got to see Rosie O'Donnell at MGM . . . but didn't you say you met her in person? Finally, no we don't know where we'll be recording the Disney music/scene.

About Mrs. Doubtfire-different from Shore current work? I thought it sounded exactly like LOTR! :music:

Thanks!

Ray Barnsbury

Harry-I got tickets for ninth row (you beat me!) center

Well, you're in the center, I'm towards the left, so perhaps you got better seats afterall?

~Harry

Oh yeah, I think that it's time to officially declare this the Dan-Hector-Ray-Jason-Ren-Potter chat thread. Isn't that what it is anyway? :music:

~Harry 800, resident wizard and chatter

Hector: I know I was getting out of control, I was just joking.  Sorry if I made you mad.

Oh, don't worry, I was just playing mad, actually I found it really funny :music: I love good comedy material!!! :)

Hector - who hpes the board elders don't start getting lock crazy on threads (and get mad)

Thanks Hector! I was just clearing the air.

Yes Harry, this chat thread is great fun. I finally feel like a part of a "group" here, where before it seemed dominated by the now often absent board elders.

Ray Barnsbury-happy :music:

This is nice, isn't it?

Ray: I was there for one of Rosie's shows at MGM. Which one were you there at? Yes, I met here there and a couple of times down here in Miami as well. But anyways -- about the Orlando shows, I had gotten some friends of mine some tickets, so I decided to stop on by and see how it was doing over there.

Plus, I needed to "get away" and think for something I was going to do, so -- naturally, going to "The Great Movie Ride" and walking up and down New York Street did the trick (at least this time).

I might be returning with two friends of mine in late July, as a matter of fact. When is your school band recording? Did you ever attend the "Candlelight Processional" at EPCOT? It's a fantastic show.

The Disney Orch. is out there, playing their hearts out, and the conductor (Derric Johnson) is quite a character......a guy who conducts very similar to Johnny himself! And he's a marvelously nice person as well. If you haven't seen it before, try to convince your parents to go during Christmas time.

The show starts right after Thanksgiving and goes till Dec. 31st. Who knows? Maybe I'll go in December as well and take part in it somehow.

Ren: "The Twins" didn't help, did they?

Hector: HEY!! How's everything going?

Jason: Any new Johnny albums that you've bought lately? Weren't you buying one the other day? If so, which one did you decide on finally?

I need to be here when you guys are instead of depriving myself from sleep after a long day of dreaming/"working". But, whatever.......I was at a hospital today for 7 hours, so I deserve to have a little fun. I just wish I didn't have to have fun by myself. (Take it away, Ren. :) )

Harry: You did get pretty good seats? Did each of them cost you as much as SpaceCamp did? :mrgreen:

Director - who, if he goes, would never tell Harry.........just to prolong the mystery. he he he :) he he he

This thread has turned into a chat room.  

~Harry

I've also been trying not to post wildly

what's wrong with chatting? I have been trying to keep my posting to a minimum. it was just too fun that night we were all on at the same time.

Ren