So....Harry, Jason, Ray... (a new era)

Director

We were at the 2001 show in February, on a Thursday (I think it was the 22?). My band is playing this February, over our mid-winter break. And no, I've never seen the Candlelight Processional or Disney Orchestra, but they sound fantastic! Hopefully in the future I'l be able to see them.

Ray Barnsbury

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're Disney trip sounds pretty fun. I played at Disney twice with my marching band in the parade with all the light-up floats. It was lots of fun. I hope you have a good time!

~Harry

Time to start the chat thread again. What's new fellow chatters? I know I haven't been on here much lately, and it looks like everyone but Hector hasn't been on lately either. Everyone alright?

~Harry

Really, Dan hasn't posted in a while. Out meeting more celebrities I suppose. :D Thanks for starting this up again, I was afraid our little "chat" was going to go down the toilet (please no references to the "Question" thread :roll: :( ) Anyway, how are you guys (Ren included) feeling about Minority Report? Seeing the track listings has given me renewed enthusiasm! I am contemplating doing what Harry mentioned a while ago and buying the score but not listening to it until after the movie . . . but I doubt I have the will power. Hope to talk to you all some more soon!

Ray Barnsbury

I have returned to this thread. Actually I haven't been posting on the board that much, which is the reason for my absence. And by the way, I can't wait to see Minority Report, and get the score. I think it's going to great.

-Jason

The track titles have been posted? Oh no! I must be careful! I don't want to see them. And yes, I still plan on buying it but not listening to it. Although, I'll probably look at the titles then and have to lock away the soundtrack so I don't listen to it!

~Harry

• 2 weeks later...

I have returned, my dear friends. How are you all? Hope you didn't miss me too much. :)

How's everything going with all of you?

Director - loyalist to the HDH Alliance, no matter what

Welcome back, my friend! We missed you on your hiatus! I'm doing well! I hope you had fun with whatever you were doing!

~Harry, glad to see this thread back :)

Thanks, Harry. I'm glad to be back. I've been travelling for nearly a month for work but I got sick so I came back home early. After this week, however, I'm gonna be getting busy again.

Do you know how everyone else is?

Director - wondering how Ray's Disney Adventure went

I don't know about anyone else. :angry: I have been pretty scarce from the board lately, so I don't know much.

Sorry to hear about your sickness. I hope you get well!

~Harry

Yes, I was expecting you to be up in the 1200s by now. Busy with work?

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm feeling better, but could still be doing a lot better than I am.

Director - who will be going soon

:angry: "My Mother Begging" from Angela's Ashes

In effort to be nice to Ross, "be quiet".

Oh, Scab.........as you are well aware, Minority Report is very much finished.

Director - fueling fire :twisted:

:mrgreen: "Malena" from Malena (Morricone)

Welcome back Dan. Thanks for thinking of me, but the Disney trip isn't until next February. :)

Continuing with our tradition of "chatting," I'll chat about my night: My brother and I had gift cards for Barnes and Noble (a book store that also sells music), so this evening my family and I went so my we could pick stuff out. To my delight, they had a trove of film music that I hadn't seen anywhere else: Jaws (OST and 25th Anniversary), CE3K re-release, Superman (OST, Varese, and Rhino), Schindler's List, etc. I ended up getting Jaws OST becuase some people posted here that they liked it better than the re-release for its album arrangements, plus I think it is more rare than the others (I hope!). I also got (don't get mad) James Horner's Land Before Time score. I was amazed at seeing it since it's like 15 years old, and I almost cried when I previewed it at the store's listening station. The music brought back wave of memories from my early childhood, since I watched the movie a lot. I just had to get it. So that's my story of the night. :mrgreen: Anyone else have anything to share?

Ray Barnsbury

Oh, Scab.........as you are well aware, Minority Report is very much finished.

That's what I ment, and you are now back :(

:roll: (oh, brother....)

Ray: That's right! I had forgotten that it wasn't until next Feb. I love Barnes & Noble. Everytime I go there, I end up spending hours deliberating as to what I should buy and then only buy 1 thing. I've decided that from now on, I'll walk in, spend 30 minutes at the most and buy everything I pick up. They're music selection is great, isn't it?

I love Horner's Land Before Time. It brings back great memories.

You should go back and get the original Superman. I've heard it's pretty hard to find. But good job on getting the Jaws CD. No matter how cool the re-release is, I'll always favor the original release best. Even though the re-release tells the movie's plot and I can visualize it all much better. But definitely go back and get the Superman CD. Even though it's a bit expensive at B&N, it's still worth it.

Where's Jason?

What do you guys think of a 40s-style musical by Steve and Johnny? It'll be the perfect throw-back to the Rogers and Hammerstein days and it'll give Johnny the best opportunity to tribute Gershwin.

Hook should've been a musical, huh? Johnny did so good with that one and he was really ready to make it huge. Too bad Columbia didn't see it that way. They should've had more faith in Steve. After all, Close Encounters kept them in business.

Sigh.......what could've been.....

Director - who would love to make a musical.

Aw, Hector... Why the sadness?

Harry: I'll be able to stick around every now and then. I'll be home for a while doing some work. Around November and maybe even December, I'll be gone so I think I'll be able to stick around and contribute to our entertainment on this site for a bit.

Director - "Whisper Of A Thrill" from Meet Joe Black (T. Newman)

Where's Jason?

He has decided to log off and post infrequently until there are more interesting topics. A recent thread that was off topic made him mad (and me as well), so I think that has something to do with it. It's too bad, even though he posts occaisionally as a guest, his presence (and avatar) are missed. :)

Ray Barnsbury

A recent thread that was off topic made him mad (and me as well),

What thread?

Director - who's noticed Morn do some double-posts

Site has been slow for me recently

A recent thread that was off topic made him mad (and me as well),

What thread?

The one started by Mr. Cosman that ended up containing topics having nothing to do with John Williams or anything musical at all. If you don't remember, congratulations. If you do, let's not discuss it again, I got kind of sick of it.

Ray Barnsbury

If you at all cared, I was talking about you bringing religion into the discussion.

By the way, this is supposed to be a friendy chat thread, and you are making it into much more.

~Harry

Yeah, nothing religious. Talk about that in another thread, even though it shouldn't be discussed on this board at all.

-Jason, still alive :)