So....Harry, Jason, Ray... (a new era)

Director

I don't find body functions evil, just not suited for this JOHN WILLIAMS message board. And I don't know why I even posted on this, I should have known it would blow out of proportion again. If you want to discuss religions of the world and their differing views on bodily functions, go find an MB devoted to it. Otherwise pipe down about it.

Ray Barnsbury-easily angered late at night, but glad to see Jason back :)

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:roll: Not suited? What are you scared of :) Here, we can and do discuss just about everything :)

Yeah, nothing religious. Talk about that in another thread, even though it shouldn't be discussed on this board at all.

-Jason, still alive :)

Well said, Jason!

Come back to chat with us!

~Harry

:roll: Not suited? What are you scared of :) Here, we can and do discuss just about everything :)

Yes, we can, but that doesn't mean we have to or should.

~Harry

And you have too many old conservative ideas :|

Hehe, we don't "have" to talk about anything in here you know.

Thanks you for asking Harry! My summer has been just fine, I've been having lots of fun being conservative and avoiding talks of religion and natural bodily functions. :| But seriously, I've been good. I just got a job at a local library, so that's good. I'm supposed to work only 10 hours a week, but with people on vacations, I ended up working 30.5 hours last week! But that means more money and more Williams music. :( How about everyone else?

Ray Barnsbury

Great! Sounds like you will enjoy that extra money!

I work at a bank doing odds and ends. Since I've bought up almost everything I can buy up of Williams, I'm now starting to "expand my horizons" with other composers, but so far it's just Arnold, Goldsmith, and soon some Barry Bond scores. Fun stuff!

~Harry

If you want to try out another fairly Williams like composer, try Miklos Rozsa, his Ben Hur and King of Kings scores :mrgreen: On most film music message boards, someone always says Ben Hur when someone asks what is the best score ever :)

Yeah, nothing religious. Talk about that in another thread, even though it shouldn't be discussed on this board at all.

-Jason, still alive :mrgreen:

Well said, Jason!

Come back to chat with us!

~Harry

I'll be around from time to time.

-Jason

Jason -- How come you've been in and out lately?  Busy?

~Harry

I'm not too busy anymore; school just ended last week. I mainly haven't been around because over the past few weeks i have been finding less and less things to post in.

-Jason

Yes! I have heard Minority Report. At first I was fairly unimpressed, but I usually am the first time I listen to any new score. Now that I have listened more, however, I love it! The first track is great, in that as others have said, it's a summary of the themes and plot (although I have yet to see the movie). Sean's Theme and A New Beginning are very beautiful tracks, and Anderton's Great Escape is great action music. Better than much of the AOTC action music, in my opinion (besides The Arena). Spyders is also very cool. I need to listen to the more subtle tracks to get a feel for them, but overall it is a very good score. What do you think?

Ray Barnsbury

What do I think? Exactly what you think! I think it's a great score, highly fitting for the movie. Once again, Mr. Williams comes through scoring the perfect score for the movie.

I recommend going to see the movie! I need to see it again, because I still have some questions about it, but the film was awesome!!!

~Harry

And 8O is my opinion, so leave me alone :baaa: My intend was not insult but to show disagreement :)

Hehehe. :)

I'm glad you do!

~Harry, protector to his friends :o

I'm sure that Steef would argue that you are indeed very evil .......

-Jason, who thinks that Stefacos is just mad that he's not a nice wizard like Harry

Yes, Mr. Cosman would agree to that.

I'm glad you're here, Cruciform!

~Harry

I'm glad that you're glad that I'm here.

-Jason :)

Well....

I'm glad that you're glad that I'm glad that he's glad that I'm here. ;)

-Jason, who knew that his choice of words before would start something

DAMN. I can't log back onto the board. I tried to login as CruciformSword, and i put in the correct password, and it's not letting me login. :cry:

-Jason, sad because he will never be able to log back on

This thread was set up to be a chat thread for Ray, Jason, Dan, Hector, Ren, and me. Since we were chatting in every other thread, it got annoying to many including some of us. Now, we use this thread to chat in so we don't clog up the rest of the board.

That's what the topic is: chat.

~Harry

Hey guys, I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave for a weeklong vacation (no computer at the hotel :) ). On a side note, I celebrated my first pay check today by buying Far and Away, Superman (2-disc Rhino Set), and A John Barry collection, with Out of Afrca as the title piece. :) I'll talk to you all soon!

Ray Barnsbury