15. Peaceful But Primitive/Procession Medley        

16. Peaceful But Primitive        

17. Procession        

18. Crucifixion        

19. Raising The Cross        

20. It Is Done        

21. Jesus Is Carried Down        

22. Resurrection

I feel like I'm reading through a table of contents for one of the gospels, except for the "medleys" and "dark choirs". I'm surprised the titles are all in English. "Night Sky" sounds promising. Maybe that's just because I think if JW had a track with that name on a score like this, it would be a concert piece that was the focus of the score. Kinda like "Across the Stars". And you know if it was a JW concert piece, it'd be freakin' awesome. But hey...maybe Debney, being the Williams fan he is, has done the same thing.

Dan--who wonders what kind of birthday present he'll be getting since this is coming out on it and the movie the day after...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howabout a spoiler warning?   :D  

Neil

So what? he dies. Everyone knows that.

Wait. Wait.

HE COMES BACK?

Yet another religion related movie totaly ruined for me by TLIJ.

Morlock- LOL LOL LOL (besides, everyone knows that Alanis Morissette is god :mrgreen:)

Actually some of the cues are available for listening at Sony's site. Don't have the link handy though.

If you're expecting a Rozsa- Newman biblical score forget it. I'm not to sure what to think after listening to some of the samples. Sounds like Zimmer could have wriiten the score, some people have said it sounds like Gladiator.

I hate Zimmer, but this doesn't really sound too bad.

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalo...=61768&mname=CD

I have a hard time picturing the Resurrection with that kind of percussion, but I haven't seen the film, either, so...it might be good. I was glad to hear "Mary Goes to Jesus" sounded a little more traditional. But the thing I really like is the full choir going with the percussion. I'm not entirely sure Zimmer would have the taste for that. Or would he? Either way, I figure this is just as ethnic as Braveheart was, so I shouldn't be disappointed because it doesn't sound like Braveheart with Jewish bagpipes and whatnot. :D

Well at least Gibson should make back the money he invested. I heard on the radio this morning that the advanced and reserved ticket sales have already reached $30+ Million. Don't know how reliable it is but it came from a Hollywood reporter.

This does sound interesting. A lot like I was imagining it to be.

However, why is Nick Ingram named as the artist when you play it in WiMP?

Well at least Gibson should make back the money he invested. I heard on the radio this morning that the advanced and reserved ticket sales have already reached $30+ Million. Don't know how reliable it is but it came from a Hollywood reporter.

That's great!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the movie´s getting critizised heavily by a lot of people because they think it contains a lot of antisemitism... won´t be too good for the movie i guess...

Well, the movie´s getting critizised heavily by a lot of people because they think  

it contains a lot of antisemitism... won´t be too good for the movie i guess...

In other words, it could be saying things that are probably the truth and did occur.

We all know that the cry of "Anti Semite" is often a tactic to shut up any criticism.

Melange - Hopes to see the film sometime. Will check Cinema listings. :mrgreen:

Wait. Wait.

HE COMES BACK?  

Now that you mention it. Visit a little place in Kashmir called "Pahalgam", and you'll discover that he just decided to move house and retire in a place where he would'nt be condemned by bickering people that were very hard to teach.

Ok now a movie that i must see has a score i must have. Thanks The Lord is Judge for the link.

HPFAN_2- Who wasn't interested in the score before now.

We all know that the cry of "Anti Semite" is often a tactic to shut up any criticism.

That's not a very nice thing to say, and hardly appropriate to say here.

Does anyone think we'll even be able to discuss The Passion of the Christ here?

Neil

Why not? As long as we discuss the artistic merits of the film.

Why not? As long as we discuss the artistic merits of the film.

Can I get an "Amen!"?

Neil

I son't think we'll ever really be able to, since in the movie there is no separation between the art the religious factor. "Cinematography was great, very realistic sets and costumes, music was fantastic" and some elaborations are probably all we'll be able to talk about. I know I'm bound to have opinions that run deeper than that.

I think it depends upon ourselves if we can discuss this film here.

If we show a measure of admirable restraint, then it's possible that a interesting, stimulating debate can be had without breaking the Rules of this forum.

It's up to us all to keep Neil from having to do what his job as Moderator requires him to.

I personally feel all this talk about anti-semitism is a little ridiculous. Especially in light of the fact the movie hasn't been released yet. I mean these people are making judgements based on articles written by people who may be biased against the movie or religion in general. OF course then again I judge movies primarily from reviews all the time so its not like I am not in someway guilty ot this, but its like I'm accusing anybody of being racist.

-Rogue Leader who expects to be barraged with comments to the effect of "OH so now you have a problem with people judging a film before they see it?" 8O

*Claps* We've given Rogue Leader a complex. 8O

No, what's ridiculous is they want a movie about the bible to be changed into something that's not so much like the bible just because some people are paranoid about anti-semitism.

*Claps* We've given Rogue Leader a complex. :mrgreen:

No, what's ridiculous is they want a movie about the bible to be changed into something that's not so much like the bible just because some people are paranoid about anti-semitism.

The New Testament is not a pro jewish book, and that is a huge understatement. But I believe Gibson has his heart in the right place, and is simply trying to make film that prejects his own beliefs, so I have no problem with him doing a film that shows jews unfavorably, because that is not his point, he only wants to make a film about Christ.

So long another topic! 8O

Historically speaking, crucifixion was not the way Jewish people killed someone, so I think there may still be a group of people out there that this movie could piss off.

Neil

I thought most of the reviews for The Passion were good, if some were critical of some elements in it. Either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

But I don't know if I'd "get it". I've seen The Last Temptation of Christ and was extremely unaffected by it. It just has no relevence to my life.

I'm sure we can discuss it to some extent. I think alot might depend on the person though.

If I'm going somewhere I'm not supposed to Neil I apologize in advance but I'll be honest, religion isn't important in my life and I don't have strong faith so I can probably review it more on it's value as a film without going in a direction that is not allowed on this board.

In my humble opinion of course.

religion isn't important in my life and I don't have strong faith so I can probably review it more on it's value as a film without going in a direction that is not allowed on this board.

Indeed, same here.

We can appriciate the essence of the film, without religious and spiritual values clogging up the issues.

I think we could, but if the essence of the film is it's beliefs, what do you do? I noticed that The Last Temptation of Christ had great cinematography, sets, and had wrong music. But I can't speak about anything else there.

And I guess that if a film's beliefs run in opposition to my own, I can't ignore the core of the movie.

Anti-semetic means that you hate semite people.

Main Entry: Sem·ite

Pronunciation: 'se-"mIt, esp British 'sE-"mIt

Function: noun

Etymology: French sémite, from Semitic Shem, from Late Latin, from Greek SEm, from Hebrew ShEm

1 a : a member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs b : a descendant of these peoples

2 : a member of a modern people speaking a Semitic language

The term is commonly mistaken as meaning only Jews, but it also includes other peoples from that area, like Arabs.

Which is why you would have to hate both Jews and Arabs to be a real anti-semite.

Though many neo-nazi's won't be bothered by that, i guess.

The New Testament is not a pro jewish book, and that is a huge understatement.

Ummmmmm how the hell is this true? All of the most impostant people in the new testamant including THE most important one are Jewish.

That statement is RIDICULOUS dude. The New Testament was written by men of Jewish descent. Are you implying they were racist against their own people?

There is nothing anti-Semitic about the New Testament. Its all about how you interpret the event told within.

The New Testament is not a pro jewish book, and that is a huge understatement.

Ummmmmm how the hell is this true? All of the most impostant people in the new testamant including THE most important one are Jewish.

That statement is RIDICULOUS dude. The New Testament was written by men of Jewish descent. Are you implying they were racist against their own people?

There is nothing anti-Semitic about the New Testament. Its all about how you interpret the event told within.

"His blood be on us and on our children", said by the high priest. That has been the basis for the prosecution of jews forever, from the Crusades to Hitler.

Of course I don't look at it as the word of god, but I think that it has a lot of things written by the apostles to appease the Romans. And that the anisemitism is not really that, but just aimed at the high priests themselves, and maybe amplified to again, appease the Romans. I think that has been taken out of context by people who don't like jews. That's why I've never objected to the film, and I've read through the New Testament twice, and look through it occaisionaly (Although I obviously don't take it as the word of god).

Historically speaking, crucifixion was not the way Jewish people killed someone, so I think there may still be a group of people out there that this movie could piss off.

What do you mean Neil?

Justin

He means all the other people that fall under semites i believe.

And I TRULY hope we can all write intellegently about the movie and the score when it comes out. We should be able to be above the religious discussion and not get this thread or any others locked by people knocking others believes. I think it could be a great compliment to us, if we can keep it real.

"His blood be on us and on our children", said by the high priest. That has been the basis for the prosecution of jews forever, from the Crusades to Hitler.

There was an article on the web that said Gibson may cut that line from the film.

YOu guys are actually going to go se a movie that is spoken in two dead languages (aramaic and latin) with no subtitles? Good for you, I'll be giving it a wide berth.

I would have gone if it was in Elvish :sleepy: