The Top Ten Reasons You Are A John Williams' Nerd.

Justin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray Barnsbury wrote:  

Quote:  

If while watching movies with really annoying scores, you can?t even pay attention to the story for imagining what JW might have done at that spot.  

I did that with the LOTR films.  

Ray Barnsbury  

Me too. I do that for almost every film that I watch that wasn't scored by Williams.

I'm the same as you, Chris!

If you're homepage is set to JWfan.net...like mine... and by the way, I STILL conduct my stereo during some parts of his stuff... and I'm in college!

Conducting is not enough. Now if you compile JW's concert stuff on to a cd then play them and conduct it in a turtle neck and cackee and even print out programs for the "show" then that's being a nerd.

HEY MARC! I think your the first person I've seen say their listening to non-classical music as they are on this messageboard.

I think film score music falls under the heading of non classical music.

Joe. :mrgreen: Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Tears for Fears.

That's pretty detailed. You did that? :devil:

- Marc, :mrgreen:

:music: U2 - The Sweetest Thing

I knew someone was going to ask that. The answer is no. I just thought conducting in front of the stereo wasn't that bad, it needed something more.

Yes, that is interesting

HEY MARC! I think your the first person I've seen say their listening to non-classical music as they are on this messageboard.

I've done it many times. Sometimes I even post when I'm listening to the Padres game with score and all :mrgreen:

You know you're a JW Geek when you take your laptop to a jazz festival and search for a wireless connection so you can take a picture of yourself with another JWFan and post it minutes afterward.

Reasons I know I'm a John Williams nerd...

1. There is not a time in my life I don't remember listening to and loving his music.

2. I keep all of my cds in binders... and there's one whole binder entirely devoted to Williams.

3. When discussing his work with my Uncle, another JW nerd, referring to him as 'Johnny' like he's our friend or something.

4. Wanting the Imperial March to play when I walk in a room.

5. More than half of the ringtones on my phone are Williams themes.

6. I'm posting on this board.

7. Trying to explain to people the whole 'he's not a guitar player' thing, and then yes - wanting to kick them for not even knowing who he is!

8. Sometimes I whistle JW themes without even realizing it (or so I'm told).

9. What JW nerd doesn't conduct along? Although I don't own a black turtleneck.

10. I think about all of the joy and satisfaction his music has brought to me and how it has at times even inspired me to write, paint and help further my imagination.

Johnny Rules! :music:

And I'm a huge nerd. :mrgreen:

Ray Barnsbury wrote:  

Quote:  

If while watching movies with really annoying scores, you can?t even pay attention to the story for imagining what JW might have done at that spot.  

I did that with the LOTR films.  

Ray Barnsbury  

Me too. I do that for almost every film that I watch that wasn't scored by Williams.

I'm the same as you, Chris!

!

Indeed,especially RotK.When the DVD comes out I'll try temping the fight between Frodo and Gollum over the lava with the Final Duel from RotJ.

K.M..

I still wish that Williams chose the LORT series over the Potter series.

I used to feel that way, but Howard Shore has delivered one of my all time favorite scores so I think things worked out for the best. Besides, if Williams had scored LOTR he wouldn't have had time to score the six films he did do in 2001 and 2002.

I still wish that Williams chose the LORT series over the Potter series. I can't get into either this way. :P

Think about it this way. I wouldn't be here if he hadn't.

HPFAN_2-Who was introduced to Williams because of Hedwig's Theme.

Well,for me the Potter score are shaping up to be classic Williams,at least many of the themes,so in that regard I'm happy about the music.And if he scored LotR his pool of ideas might be diluted with Star Wars.Still,many scenes in LotR cry out for JW music,and even if he movies still suceed despite it,I still think with Williams scores they might have achieved my vote for best movies ever.

K.M.