Favorite Logo Music

DU Lou

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is also New Line.

I also like the Universal studios ones, although I'm not exactly sure which ones. I love Williams, and I love which ever one they're using now.

Also Dreamworks of course.

And, even though it suffers extreme over exposure, 20th Century Fox.

Except for those- I can't easily think of too many more I like.

Williams' DreamWorks

Goldsmith's Universal

Horner's Universal (the previous one)

I don't remember how Horner's sounds (I don't really remember Goldsmith's either, but I remember I like it).

Do you know where I can hear it?

Mine is the New Line logo theme... by Michael Kamen

I honestly can't recall this one. It seems every time I've seen a New Line release recently, be it Return of the King or Freddy vs. Jason, the opening logo (incidently quite cool) is always overlaid with original music or sound effects for the individual film.

CYPHER

Actually, when I saw Master and Commander, I hoped to hear a bit of Alfred Newman, even though I didn't know who distrib'd the film. Turns out...I got my wish. I think I'm a sucker for the old-fashioned one. I guess watching SW so much has drilled that in me. A movie's not starting unless the Fox fanfare's played. Although I get a pretty decent rush from the Paramount logo each time before a Star Trek movie. Especially with FC when I saw it in the theater and it started out with the Courage theme and the timpanis answered it with that four-note motif from pretty much every Goldsmith Trek film (except for Insurrection). I know I'm going to get one from the same logo come Indy IV.

I love Goldsmith's Universal theme. Powerful with those two brass punches (especially on DVD). And Williams' Amblin Entertainment theme is a little bit of magic.

Does anyone know if there are any Universal DVDs that have Horner's Universal theme on it (or better yet does any one have a copy of it?) I'm sure I've heard it a million times but I can't think of it for the life of me. Same with William's Universal theme...

Back to the Future III had a very notable use of Horner's Universal logo theme. It was the studio's anniversary at the time, and the music played to the everchanging logo designs. Very well done.

Especially with FC when I saw it in the theater and it started out with the Courage theme and the timpanis answered it with that four-note motif from pretty much every Goldsmith Trek film (except for Insurrection).

That motif was first used in Goldsmiths score to Star Trek V.

Neil

20th Century Fox (Alfred Newman) - also with the Goldenthal extension :P

Universal (Goldsmith)

And yes, Kamen's Newline is nice as well. Has a little bit of Bruckner's 3rd in it, or at least it sounds like it does to me.

Marian - who doesn't like the Dreamworks bit very much, and cannot recall ever having heard the Ladd piece.

I like the Morgan Creek music, but that's just the theme from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. So in other words: I like the theme from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. :P

- Marc

Gizmo2k4,

Is that the girl from "Scrubs" on your avatar?

Back on topic, I'd have to add my serious omission of the 20th Century Fox fanfare too, and I'd actually say its the best of the bunch. Only problem with it now though, is that everytime I hear it, I think a Star Wars score is going to start. My daughter even gets confused when I'm playing Planet of the Apes or Mephisto Waltz and she thinks Star Wars is coming on :P

Thanks, Eplicon for pointing out where to find Horner's Universal theme. I can't believe I forgot it! It sounds pretty bad on the BTTF III DVD, but its a great little fanfare. Classy.

Well as for intended logo music, I'd say the DTS opening, The Universal Opening, Dreamworks, and the 20th Century Fox Music.

Altered logo music would have to be:

The Matrix-Village Roadshow and WB logo

The Two Towers-New Line Cinema

MIB-Columbia-Tristar

That's about all I can think of for now.

Oh and Hector J. I'm with ya on the Amanda Bynes thing. ;)

Oh yeah... I also like the Lightstorm Logo... which is music used in "True Lies" when Arnold tips the jet and knocks the bad guy off the wing...

A WB logo with music? I don't think I've ever seen that one.

I like what Randy Newman did for the digital Disney logo that goes in front of the Pixar movies too. And the Universal music's pretty cool. Both what they have now and what they had before that.

- Marc

All the old WB movies start with Steiner's fanfare (which is great, I should have mentioned it above). Only it's not just one recording, they incorporated it in the opening cue for each film's score. Very nice.

Marian - :thumbup:

No film score fan should be without the Charles Gerhardt/National Philharmonic Orchestra albums. Those with Warner Bros scores on them typically have the fanfare (I think there's one that has it about five times, because it opens all the suite for the WB movies).

Marian - :thumbup:

I like the Dreamworks logo music (Williams of course :) )

as well as the Goldsmith's Universal logo

and older Tristar logo music (still used in the beginning of Hook). Don't know the composer though.